WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I know it's part of the state requirements and such, but I'm actually pretty surprised they're going to air the laundry in a 'task force' meeting. Figured they'd pull some obscure own governing authority backroom stuff and announce things on their own terms. (told you I was feeling cynical)

Hope there's at least some substance of value tomorrow. :smickey:
Jim MacPhee, vice president of operations is presenting, I'm confident we'll get the same details as universal. The task force had outlined what each industry needs to achieve to be able to reopen so Disney needs to present and pass all the parameters, just like universal did

I completely left the news and rumor forum, I don't know how Ryan does it, I get so tired of the aimless and fruitless back and forth and round and round.
Me too. And in the calm before the storm I expect tomorrow, I just want to say thank you to you and @GADisneyDad14 for keeping this thread on track and generally factual instead of allowing us to devolve into speculation and hysteria. I needed this space to keep an eye on announcements versus rumors and I appreciate what I’m sure has been very hard work shoring up the posts where we range off topic. Crossing my fingers for answers tomorrow!

Hopefully I won’t take us too far afield... Has anyone heard anything about UO resorts opening? I got a survey from Loews about my “expectations” for future travel but I haven’t heard if they are reopening June 1 or otherwise.

Me too. And in the calm before the storm I expect tomorrow, I just want to say thank you to you and @GADisneyDad14 for keeping this thread on track and generally factual instead of allowing us to devolve into speculation and hysteria. I needed this space to keep an eye on announcements versus rumors and I appreciate what I’m sure has been very hard work shoring up the posts where we range off topic. Crossing my fingers for answers tomorrow!

Hopefully I won’t take us too far afield... Has anyone heard anything about UO resorts opening? I got a survey from Loews about my “expectations” for future travel but I haven’t heard if they are reopening June 1 or otherwise.
I know they've been accepting reservations so i expect them to operate as usual. Remember they're not directly run by universal

FYI, the agenda for tomorrow (sorry if already posted, don't think I saw it). We'll have to sit through Sea World first. :-) https://ocfl.app.box.com/s/jcwvdt5dxyekx2a8nx5ym0khgm65e6hh/file/670019085024

Also the links to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force website and Orange TV Live Stream are on Post #1 if you need to quickly find them tomorrow.

Highest rated live stream ever? :goodvibes

yup, haven't really looked in there for a few weeks, only thread I think I went into was the one about the upper management change. If I stayed in there, one of you mods would have banned me by now

I'm probably over-reading your post but I sometimes feel the need to make the general note for casual DISers about how things are set up around here. Mods really only have 'control' on their own boards. @yulilin3, @lovethattink, and I are moderators here on the Theme Park Attractions & Strategies Board, Ryan is the moderator of the News & Rumors Board, @Sandisw who posted above is a moderator on the DVC boards along with some other co-moderators, etc. I can only do mod things on my board but not on other boards. I of course can post on other boards (for example, I also like to post on the Resorts board), but that's as a participant, not a mod.

TLDR - I couldn't ban you over there even if I wanted to. :goodvibes

I know they've been accepting reservations so i expect them to operate as usual. Remember they're not directly run by universal
And I could be wrong but if I remember correctly one of the quotes that came out of Universal when Citywalk opened was a *subtle slip* about it not "just being opened to locals, they encourage people to come"

First time poster here. Just to let you all know last week universal did not present until about 40 minutes into the task force meeting. According to the agenda, thank you GAdad for posting, Sea World will go first then Disney. Public comments were long last week.

First time poster here. Just to let you all know last week universal did not present until about 40 minutes into the task force meeting. According to the agenda, thank you GAdad for posting, Sea World will go first then Disney. Public comments were long last week.
Oh the public comments (shudder) lol. It's like going to the movies
Public comments: movie talk (the clips before previews)
Sea World presentation: previews
Disney presentation: movie

I arrive July 8th and my magic bands say that I can make changes by July 2nd to be picked up at resort. Nothing about mailing

Fact. My arrival date is July 16. MDE now says my magic band will be mailed shortly and is displaying the magic bands we picked back in March for our April trip. I was surprised they were removed in April. Waiting to hear plan in the morning.
Just went in to check if I could finally order my AP band...no luck. Still have the statement, "we are not currently accepting new MagicBand orders linked to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders or Disney Resort hotel reservations."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter