WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

And we’re watching, and waiting, and hoping, and praying.. :charac2:

But I do agree we won’t see anything offical for a couple weeks. Especially given the current affair in our country. I think It would be in bad taste for Disney to announce anything and distract from the current movement going on. (This is not a thread to debate that). I emphasize with those who have trips in July and begging of August who want to make dinning reservations.

I have perspective but I would be lying if I said seeing that BOG reservation for poof didn’t sting for a second! That’s my #1 place I just want to see and have for years. I’m hopeful I can get it again. I’m not picky about breakfast, lunch, or the fancy dinner.

Off topic but I have been allowed by Pete to post this
it was just announced on the Dis Unplugged we are launching a brand new channel for Spanish speaking audience
It is basically the sister channel for wdwinfo and that is SiDisney https://sidisney.com/
Also we have a youtube channel where we will post videos of the parks along with a weekly podcast show. Our first one launches at 2pm today and if you can please subscribe here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJWY5ykXk96T7UPmEI-IVg
we have been working on this for about a year and I am very happy and excited to be able to help all the Spanish speaking audience out there. So if you can please share both pages especially if you have family and friends that might benefit from them
Thank you

I got a new confirmation email today. It’s got the same confirmation number as my original reservation. I’m booked Aug 9-14 at All Star Movies. It had my dates, resort, tickets (parkhoppers) and the new price minus my dining plan. I looked and my tickets are still date based to my trip and not extended out. I only have Teppan Edo left on my MDE plans.
The waiting sucks, but I’m feeling better about things knowing I’ve gotten the new confirmation. I changed my dates in the middle of the press conference because I didn’t want to be there July 12-17 without all the parks open each day. Just barely squeaked by before they shut down the reservation system.
Oh and I did notice that even though it’s a new confirmation, it is saying payment is due 30 days in advance so I think they are done with being flexible to 7 days, at least for mid August reservations.
Yesterday my reservation was changed in MDE and the 35% off applied. However, I never got any confirmation email. I did the math and everything checks out, but nothing telling me the date by which I must pay or cancel with no penalty. And I usually do get emails, I had gotten the one Friday alerting me to the 35% offer.

Yesterday my reservation was changed in MDE and the 35% off applied. However, I never got any confirmation email. I did the math and everything checks out, but nothing telling me the date by which I must pay or cancel with no penalty. And I usually do get emails, I had gotten the one Friday alerting me to the 35% offer.
Same here. I got the email alerting me to the 35% and the changes have been correctly applied on MDE, but I have not received an email with the updated confirmation.

And I had changed this reservation about 3 weeks ago, and never received an email confirmation for that change either. So, the only confirmation I have is from last August and has the wrong hotel, wrong dates and wrong tickets.:sad2:

Yeah, I had the same mild freakout from receiving a cancelation notice for one ADR. My last two ADRs (Akershus and MK EMM) finally dropped off today. The email was for Trattoria al Forno, which was one of the first to be canceled (3 days ago).

I got the same cancellation email for just one ADR from my July trip. It was strange. And I did have a bit of panic attack at first. LOL

So strange! I pretty much had a dining reservation every day of the week and this is the only cancellation email I have received. I assume their system is just all out of whack right now and it’s trying to catch up!

I had a dining reservation for November that was canceled. I didn't realize they were canceling that far out until I got the notification.

Something different but, as I was just looking at MDE I was considering purchasing a Photo Pass for our next trip if we indeed go. I thought it might be a good time since I won't want to be passing my phone off to CMs to take pics (if they even will) or to random strangers.

Then I realized all pics will be with us in masks. Just saved me a chunk of change as I'm not going to pay $200 to get a boatload of pics of us in masks! ;)

I had a dining reservation for November that was canceled. I didn't realize they were canceling that far out until I got the notification.
Just had one of ours from mid-November cancelled, too - have another we're still waiting on, but know it's coming. Yea, they're basically cleaning the reservation slate and having people starting over, probably with only 60-day reservations.

Anyone just get a MDE app notification telling you to "check out the new ticket reservation system in the MDE app"? I just did and went into the app but couldn't see anything different...

Additionally, my tickets were originally for October 22-30....but now the tickets say "Valid 10/30/20".....that's the end of my trip...hmm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter