• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

The calendar is not always accurate as people book/cancel. I’ve had the opposite happen in which I reserved several times at parks that showed no availability on the calendar. I’d call or just keep checking.
Did you just call the general reservation phone number, Rob? We’re coming down this next weekend and friends local to WDW were going to meet us, but missed the booking window and now MK is showing booked on Sunday. I’m really hoping they can call directly and secure availability. We had planned to keep checking the calendar, but now thinking calling might be best if the calendar isn’t updating in real-time.

Calling yesterday with a ticket question part of the spiel while on hold was that there is no additional availability of park passes for phone agents. They said to use the app. YMMV.

Calling yesterday with a ticket question part of the spiel while on hold was that there is no additional availability of park passes for phone agents. They said to use the app. YMMV.

My friend ended up having luck with calling, but it seems like it may have been a coincidence of timing - the agent could not reserve and book for her, but did walk her through the process and helped her when availability seemed to disappear, then reappear.

Did you just call the general reservation phone number, Rob? We’re coming down this next weekend and friends local to WDW were going to meet us, but missed the booking window and now MK is showing booked on Sunday. I’m really hoping they can call directly and secure availability. We had planned to keep checking the calendar, but now thinking calling might be best if the calendar isn’t updating in real-time.
I did not call. I just tried to secure passes despite the calendar tool showing it unavailable. Glad it worked out for your friend. I think people should just keep trying as things are changing with cancellations and bookings all day long. I just think the calendar is not a “live” availability like a FP or ADR.

Just keep checking, HS was blocked out for all my dates on my last minute trip a week ago, but dates opened up enough for me to get a reservation for 12/18.

We had ROTR both days. Since it was down on the second day, when we went back the line was crazy long. We waited about 75 minutes to get onto the ride.
Are they no longer having you get boarding passes for ROTR? That's the one experience we must do and we only have one day at HS.

It was reported on Touring Plans on November 9th. They were just putting plexiglass on a few ride vehicles to test it out, but I never saw anything more about it, so maybe they decided against doing it. I was just curious.

Yep! We had a HS day on Monday and on a Friday. I was fast on my phone at 7:00 on Monday and they were gone. I was lightning fast on my phone on Friday and got boarding group 67.

They do a drop at both 7:00 and 2:00 now, rather than just the one time at park opening. You have to press the join button at precisely the right second and not check to make sure everyone’s selected (they should be), but just keep clicking through. You can practice the days leading up to your trip, and if you get to the screen telling you to remove guests you would’ve been successful

I’ve had to move my days around after arriving and had no problem getting DHS on Saturday even though the availability calendar indicated that it was fuLoy booked.

Last edited:
Reviewing UGuide and it advises the parks often open earlier than listed time. Does this still run true now, during Covid? We are early birds and happy to be at parks early if it’s worth it. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter