WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

The HUB is the internal communication for cast members. Disney is currently NOT taking reservations for May (I would assume if they do open it's to keep the numbers low and if they don't open it's fewer people that would have to be accommodated)
Ah, thanks. On edit, I thought I read that they also canceled all reservations for May?

Am I missing something? Why do you think the OP thinks "they're" lying to her? OP just seemed to be asking if anyone had more information in a situation that I'm sure is frustrating on many different levels. It wouldn't be the first time someone has asked for more information and didn't rely solely on what a stranger, TA, or even CM for that matter told them. I think most would try to gain more information.

I probably could have worded it differently, but I wrote that because she said that the travel company told them the group ticket office is closed, which it is. She may just be asking for information, but unless someone could tell her that the office is NOT closed (i.e, the travel company was not being truthful), there is nothing that can be done about those tickets or reservations.

Everyone in the travel industry is on edge. Real people with real jobs that are at best in limbo, and at worst just plain gone. Yes, potential travelers are also real people, with possible job issues as well, but we all hope that with some patience and understanding, we can get through this and come out the other side sooner rather than later.

Does anyone have info on group trips through Disney or know where I can ask? Our school was scheduled for late March and we were told by the travel agent that the Disney office that handles ticket refunds is closed. They were hard tickets that had to be sent back, I believe. The kids also had onsite hotel reservations. Parents are getting upset.
Is there a reason you think the travel company is lying to you? Believe me, they would LOVE to get a refund on those tickets, and give it to you, but the group travel department at Disney is closed. Please be patient. These companies are doing everything they can to help their clients, in the hope of surviving this crisis.

The groups department is not closed. I, literally, just spoke to them. They have remained open throughout this entire time in order to deal with existing and new, future bookings.

OP, try calling 1-407-939-4686. I don't know if they will speak with you as you are not the TA, but perhaps they can give you some insight as to how to proceed. It is possible the tickets were not purchased through groups, but none of the WDW ticket offices are closed. If you get through to groups, you can ask about your tickets. If they don't offer you any information, try calling 407-566-4985 which is the "existing tickets" dept.

I'm sorry the TA is not helping you through this situation. There are tons of TA's out there that are dealing with both WDTC and group reservations and, except for the initial cancellations when hold times were exceptionally long, it really hasn't been difficult, at this point, to get through to the right departments at WDW and handle these issues. I'm not sure why you are getting such a runaround.

I probably could have worded it differently, but I wrote that because she said that the travel company told them the group ticket office is closed, which it is. She may just be asking for information, but unless someone could tell her that the office is NOT closed (i.e, the travel company was not being truthful), there is nothing that can be done about those tickets or reservations.

Everyone in the travel industry is on edge. Real people with real jobs that are at best in limbo, and at worst just plain gone. Yes, potential travelers are also real people, with possible job issues as well, but we all hope that with some patience and understanding, we can get through this and come out the other side sooner rather than later.

Groups is not closed.

Idk where you read it, but as of now they have not canceled our May 23 resort reservation or any of , our DVC reservation, or our dining reservations. Flights are still good to go also-cheaper though.
I've seen a few posts that Disney has unilaterally canceled reservations, at least ADRs. Here's a quote from April 8 post:

"My 5/2 ADRs got canceled this morning. None of the rest of my May trip ADRs or FPs have been canceled yet and my resort has not been canceled."

I suppose they could reopen in May, but they aren't taking any reservations for May.

Thank you for everyone that replied to my post. I can't contact the travel agent directly, because I'm not in charge. Just looking for some clarity, because we and the other families have a lot of money out for this trip.

I understand, and sympathize. But since the company cannot get a refund from Disney yet, they can’t give it to you, yet. As soon as Disney processes it, I’m sure you will see it. I hope that is soon!

What's the HUB? I just tried to book a vacation starting May 3 (just to see what happened) and there's no availability at any resort.

I have a May 3-9 trip booked at WDW, and so far Disney has not cancelled our trip. Expecting that to happen any day now.

ETA: We're at Animal Kingdom Lodge from the 4th-9th. If they open at all, I'm betting we won't be able to go on the 3rd because we don't have a resort reservation for that day.

I have a May 3-9 trip booked at WDW, and so far Disney has not cancelled our trip. Expecting that to happen any day now.

ETA: We're at Animal Kingdom Lodge from the 4th-9th. If they open at all, I'm betting we won't be able to go on the 3rd because we don't have a resort reservation for that day.

My reservation is still intact for May 2..............keep expecting it to be cancelled.

The groups department is not closed. I, literally, just spoke to them. They have remained open throughout this entire time in order to deal with existing and new, future bookings.

OP, try calling 1-407-939-4686. I don't know if they will speak with you as you are not the TA, but perhaps they can give you some insight as to how to proceed. It is possible the tickets were not purchased through groups, but none of the WDW ticket offices are closed. If you get through to groups, you can ask about your tickets. If they don't offer you any information, try calling 407-566-4985 which is the "existing tickets" dept.

I'm sorry the TA is not helping you through this situation. There are tons of TA's out there that are dealing with both WDTC and group reservations and, except for the initial cancellations when hold times were exceptionally long, it really hasn't been difficult, at this point, to get through to the right departments at WDW and handle these issues. I'm not sure why you are getting such a runaround.

I assumed this was a Youth Groups reservation, not a standard group one. Sorry if I was mistaken. Youth Groups are not processing any refunds yet.

DVC so I have wait until they cancel so the points will go back to my account instead of going in holding (which has to be used in a certain amount of time)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter