WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Not to argue or anything but I feel like that post is pretty valid and something that a lot of people in this thread are probably starting to really think about.
I think that it is almost impossible for the mods to remain impartial and not, albeit subconsciously, allow their own political bias to influence their decisions. They can only do their best and we must accept that.

I think that it is almost impossible for the mods to remain impartial and not, albeit subconsciously, allow their own political bias to influence their decisions. They can only do their best and we must accept that.
Personally i try for each thread to stay as close to topic as possible, if we start allowing different topics then it's hard to find the info the thread was originally opened for. The dis guidelines are very strict on no political talk at all

I'm so confused why they are offering this special deal to encourage people to rebook for starting June 1 if there is absolutely no way they are going to open up everything by then. Aren't they just creating more work and more disappointment by not only making everyone think they will get to go this summer but also offering them the free dining? I can understand why they did it at the very start when they were super optimistic that things would be "normal" by June 1, but now they just have even more reservations that are going to need to be cancelled or moved in the next couple of months if they don't open June 1.

I know none of us has any answers, but it will be interesting to see if they continue to offer this special deal once May gets here. We have a reservation for starting Memorial Day for DVC but also a backup reservation for July. And we just bought annual passes in February but haven't activated them. So we won't get any of the emails like the one above about the special deals. I appreciate the people posting them because they might give us a little insight as we see them changing (or not!).

I think this is strange too.

Park hours have been updated to show closed through 5/9.

Also, after getting the cancellation email yesterday, my 5/8 VAH tickets finally dropped off my account this morning.

Funny how Disney operates. . .we are booked from 5/7-15/20 and all of our FPs and reservation are intact at this point. We know it is going to be cancelled but have been waiting for Disney to formally announce. I have already moved all of my dining to our October 2020 trip (fingers crossed it is a go). I wonder why some plans have been removed for people and others have not yet been notified. Just odd I think. :confused3

Funny how Disney operates. . .we are booked from 5/7-15/20 and all of our FPs and reservation are intact at this point. We know it is going to be cancelled but have been waiting for Disney to formally announce. I have already moved all of my dining to our October 2020 trip (fingers crossed it is a go). I wonder why some plans have been removed for people and others have not yet been notified. Just odd I think. :confused3
I can't speak to what Disney's process is for cancelling things; however, it did take a day or two after they updated the hours through 5/2 for my 5/2 FP+ to drop off my account.

Everything is still in my account.....room, fast pass, dining and VAH.....guess it takes awhile for them to get to all the accounts

My every few day friendly reminder: This is an on topic / fact based thread covering and tracking official Disney announcements about theme park operations, related planning implications, and our collective experiences dealing with the myriad of complications involved with rescheduling. There is an entire separate board on the DIS dedicated to Disney Rumors and News, including a vibrant discussion here full of park opening / operations speculation: Walt Disney World and Disneyland Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Quoting myself so I don't have to type the same thing for the 20th time.

There are numerous rumors about what theme park operations may be like in the future, but until Disney makes any announcements or reopens and we have real-world experiences, for now it's all speculation. Feel free to join an existing thread on the Rumors & News board to add your voice to that type of discussion. There are a few threads on the Theme Parks Community sub-board talking about what will get you back to the parks.

Don't see a thread covering what you want to talk about? Start a new one. The DIS is an open discussion board and so long as DISBoard Guidelines are followed, cases such as this thread where we are requesting a narrow on-topic focus to avoid topics with no resolutions spiraling out of control, or cases where a thread may be moved or merged for organizational purposes (eg, multiple threads on the same topic), nearly anything goes.

Thanks all.

Personally i try for each thread to stay as close to topic as possible, if we start allowing different topics then it's hard to find the info the thread was originally opened for. The dis guidelines are very strict on no political talk at all

I made a few posts related to coronavirus research, not political, and they were removed. Yet the thread title says covid-19/coronavirus info?

Don't understand how my posts were off topic.

I made a few posts related to coronavirus research, not political, and they were removed. Yet the thread title says covid-19/coronavirus info?

Don't understand how my posts were off topic.
This thread is focused on wdw and the impact of the virus in terms of operations with verified/ announced info by Disney. Like when wdw announced when the parks, DS, resorts were closing, next will be announcements on reopenings and operational changes, if any. People have also posted how they have received refunds, how they have called and their changes in plans
Everything else belongs in other threads

This thread is focused on wdw and the impact of the virus in terms of operations with verified/ announced info by Disney. Like when wdw announced when the parks, DS, resorts were closing, next will be announcements on reopenings and operational changes, if any. People have also posted how they have received refunds, how they have called and their changes in plans
Everything else belongs in other threads

It certainly is not clear. Should take covid-19/coronavirus out of the title.

FYI, while nothing material here, Disney tweaked the AP language a bit on their operational update page. Changes captured below:

Annual Passes
This is a truly unprecedented time for all of us, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through the many details related to the temporary closure of the theme parks. We recognize this may be a challenging time, so we wanted to share how we will assist our Annual Passholders.

If you are an Annual Passholder who has paid in full:
As previously announced, all active Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks.

As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the theme park closure period. Information will be provided soon on how to choose this option.

As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact VIPASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan:
Effective April 5, 2020, we will automatically stop and waive all upcoming monthly payments while the theme parks are closed. On April 5, 2020, we automatically stopped and will waive monthly payments due while the theme parks are closed. We will also retroactively refund payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Payments will resume on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment dates once the parks reopen. Please note, pass expiration dates will not be extended and passes will expire upon their originally scheduled expiration dates.

As an alternative, Guests who are paying for Walt Disney World Annual Passes using our monthly payment program may choose to have their monthly payments postponed starting with payments due April 5, 2020 through the park closure period, and then resumed on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment date once the parks reopen. Postponed payments will be collected in the months following the end of the Passholder’s currently scheduled payment term. The pass will be extended the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks. Information will be provided soon on how to choose this option. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact VIPASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939 7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

Our Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal Guests, and we stand ready to help during this incredibly uncertain time. If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

So the TLDR version of the "Information to be provided soon on how to select an AP refund"....... "call the Passholder line and be prepared to wait." :rotfl:
Seriously. Also, at this point, how could I possibly know what I want to do about my AP? It renewed in March (I paid in January) and I had a trip planned in 2 weeks, which I canceled. I have another trip planned in December, and absent a working crystal ball, I have no way of knowing if that will happen either. It's possible that I won't need an AP again until a year from now. I'd love to put a hold on it and have it reactivated when I'm actually going to use it instead of getting money back and then having to buy a new AP without the 15% discount.

Of course, who knows what an AP will cost next year? Maybe it'll be a 20-month AP, for example. Hey, I can dream, right?

I am seriously missing WDW. @GADisneyDad14, I wish we were on the RotR BG thread instead of this. Oh, for the good old days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter