WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

HI, I want to ask a question before another round of cancellations start as I might be in that group with a planned 4/4-4/9 trip and maybe I should admit defeat and beat the rush :(
I didn't see this mentioned when I read through the thread or on their site.... will Getaway Glen reservations auto-cancel assuming Typhoon Lagoon is closed? We also have mani/pedi reservations at Senses at Grand Floridian -- would those auto-cancel assuming GF and/or spas are closed? Or am I going to need to call and cancel with the main line that I booked them?

Thanks

HI, I want to ask a question before another round of cancellations start as I might be in that group with a planned 4/4-4/9 trip and maybe I should admit defeat and beat the rush :(
I didn't see this mentioned when I read through the thread or on their site.... will Getaway Glen reservations auto-cancel assuming Typhoon Lagoon is closed? We also have mani/pedi reservations at Senses at Grand Floridian -- would those auto-cancel assuming GF and/or spas are closed? Or am I going to need to call and cancel with the main line that I booked them?

Thanks

I have not seen any reports specifically about either offering and the language on Disney's website doesn't exactly address your question - but I 'assume' (key word) they both fall into the category of things that would eventually be auto-cancelled and or the type of thing covered under where they say "most guests with impacted reservations will be notified directly." That's what they are doing with other experiences (fireworks cruises, Pirates & Pals, etc) so to me it would make sense they do the same for the two items you mention.

I don't know if this was just to keep my spirits up but I got hold of a live chat agent on the Disneyworld site, and asked him point blank if my trip for Apr 27 was in danger of being cancelled, and he said they plan to open April 1. He also reiterated the new plan of final payments being able to be made up till 7 days before arrival. Just wanted to report what he said.

I would like to hear more about this. Anyone else get a cancellation for an April stay?
Easter Sunday is April 12, and I fully expected a lot of places will be closed until after Easter week to slow spread. But April 18th check in is 6 days later. ???
Nope. Our trip is the 6-11th.

Well - there goes our trip officially cancelled. Our airline, Virgin Australia, has just cancelled all international fights until June 14. Two years of saving, excitement, planning for our first trip - down the drain. I just hope we don't lose too much money over this. I spent an hour last night crying.
Our original Disney dates were May 31-June 6. We'll be changing to October 5-11. At least that includes my birthday, I suppose!
I hope everyone is ok. Events to this scale can really affect your mental and physical health. Look after yourselves and look after each other :)

Following....we have reservations starting 5/28.....not feeling like this will happen. I was hoping to celebrate my 40th at the most magical place, but will probably have to wait, or just not go.....

So if we don't pay the balance at 30 days our reservation is still held?

My TA said the same thing and called and confirmed. The policy right now is 7 days out which tells me that if they do closing extensions they'll do it at least 7 days out. So if they are going to extend beyond April 31st we should hear at least 8 days before then so around april 22nd or so.

This may have been answered There is so much information on here. I'm pretty sure we will be canceling (April 29). If I rebook for June I assume that I will have to scramble for dining and fast passes. Is there any grace time?

Waiting to see how Disney will further adjust AP policies. I have a trip planned for April 30-May 4th that will need to be cancelled or rescheduled, but my AP originally expired May 16th.

I want to reschedule my trip for a weekend in November (we're going for Dapper Day), but my AP will be expired by then. I'm hoping they would be willing to give me park hoppers for my entire length of stay. I'm not holding my breath on it, but we'll see how this goes.
I am With you on this one. We were taking a final trip on this annual pass April 17 through the 25th. They expire on the 26th. Due to scheduling conflicts I can’t book again to go until August. So even if they close through the end of May I still have to buy new tickets for a trip I had to reschedule Because the length of the annual pass extension won’t be until my next trip. Does that make sense?

Friendly reminder - this is an on topic thread as it relates to the WDW theme parks. There are countless threads about the virus itself and its various ramifications on other corners of the DIS, particularly the Community Board.

The TPAS forum (and this thread in particular) is a home for WDW theme park planning and information.

I know it’s tough - this is a confusing time and we’re all bombarded with various news inputs and resulting emotions - but our goal is to have this be a place for accurate planning related information based on current Disney operational news and trip planning (or re-planning) experiences.

Rampant speculation is also not helpful (and there are also numerous other threads around where such discussion is occurring).

Thanks all.

Edit: Removed post that was more about overall reservations than parks, specifically.

Last edited:
Just to add, if we can keep the speculation of when it's opening to a minimum and only convey information that has been reported by Disney as to extensions of closures or openings.
There's really no use in speculating when it'll open, it only adds pages to this thread

A friend just informed me she had a resort only reservation for April 18-21. She got a message from Disney that they are canceling reservations. She said the CM on the phone when she called them seemed very sad. :sad1:
Seems misinformed. I called today because my trip was to start on 3/31 and MDE said it was still a go. CM put me on hold several times throughout to check with CM team directly involved with resort closure/reopening. Moved date to 4/1 and advised that as of now everything is still planning on being open, but that could change. My only issue was that I had to reach out to ask them bc it was all good according to app. She said if I left it as is with 3/31 arrival date that my entire trip would‘ve been cancelled. I advised her to let higher ups either reach out to DVC members already booked on these dates or to just remove the affected dates from their MDE account so as not to have people show up on the first with a cancelled vacation altogether. Again, this is all if they even reopen in time. Call was made at 1530 hrs this date

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter