• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I received a similar survey a week or two ago. It asked what attractions I experienced on my last trip and then went into explicit detail about two of them - RotR and Boneyard. Like really detailed questions.

There was nothing particularly current/Covid relevant until the end when they ask the more personal demographic questions. One specific question was if my financial situation has gotten worse, better, or stayed the same in 2020. That was an easy one to answer!!

Hopefully disney will extend annual passes for us, otherwise i can see them losing a lot of tourism from the north east. The govenor's decision does not appear to be in line with him wanting to help the economic recovery or he would have been more choosing of states to block.

Hopefully disney will extend annual passes for us, otherwise i can see them losing a lot of tourism from the north east. The govenor's decision does not appear to be in line with him wanting to help the economic recovery or he would have been more choosing of states to block.
Yea. It’s weird it’s just those states. Like there are plenty other states that should be added then

Since the cast member pre view was yesterday I watched alot of videos about the new systems with screens,masks,distancing, but no info on what they do between guests. Anyone have info on how they are cleaning each ride vehicle?

For the Safari they have dividers and you don't need to wear a mask. Do they spray and wipe down each divider once people get off? Same question for other rides.

Since the cast member pre view was yesterday I watched alot of videos about the new systems with screens,masks,distancing, but no info on what they do between guests. Anyone have info on how they are cleaning each ride vehicle?

For the Safari they have dividers and you don't need to wear a mask. Do they spray and wipe down each divider once people get off? Same question for other rides.
About every 2 hours each vehicle gets cleaned
There are hand sanitizing stations at the entrance and exit of attractions so you can use that when you ride

N
Hi I must have missed something, there will now be character meet and greets? (We have August ressies too)
No meet & greets, there are “spontaneous” (no schedule) characters riding through on floats (cavalcade). They don’t stop and they move through fairly quickly waving to all they pass. I also saw (via video as I am NOT there) characters standing up on the railroad balcony waving to guests after they entered the MK.

About every 2 hours each vehicle gets cleaned
There are hand sanitizing stations at the entrance and exit of attractions so you can use that when you ride
How does this protect anyone with kids around? They will touch the bars and barriers. Than there faces. 2 hours is a long time for things to sit and wait for someone to accidentally touch there eyes.

How does this protect anyone with kids around? They will touch the bars and barriers. Than there faces. 2 hours is a long time for things to sit and wait for someone to accidentally touch there eyes.
I said there are hand sanitizer stations at entrance and exit. A parent protects their kids by sanitizing their hands and avoiding them touching things, if you're still uncomfortable or don't want to have to control the kids you can bring wipes and wipe down surfaces when you board. This leaving every single cleaning detail to Disney is pretty ridiculous, it takes common sense and personal responsibility to make this work. Disney and CM did an amazing job yesterday during preview but i also used all the tools at my disposal to keep myself clean

Be super vigilant. Have your kids keep their hands in their pockets.
I mean at that point every 2 hours isnts doing anything with the amount of ppl. 1 group gets a clear car than that's it. So it's just theater again :(. I'm most worried about the Safari where u take.ur.masks off.

Disney is doing what is reasonable to minimize risk....the person who decides to attend also takes responsibility. Have you been to the pediatrician lately....waited in the waiting room....I know for a fact that after you left the waiting room, no one sanitized the chair you were sitting in.......nor did they wipe down the chair you sat in within the exam room, they sanitized the exam table, the scale and the items the pediatrician used to examine your child. You couldn’t have been at higher risk anywhere else than a medical facility where people are entering already ill. Do not expect Disney World to sanitize more than a medical facility....let’s be realistic.

Disney is doing what is reasonable to minimize risk....the person who decides to attend also takes responsibility. Have you been to the pediatrician lately....waited in the waiting room....I know for a fact that after you left the waiting room, no one sanitized the chair you were sitting in.......nor did they wipe down the chair you sat in within the exam room, they sanitized the exam table, the scale and the items the pediatrician used to examine your child. You couldn’t have been at higher risk anywhere else than a medical facility where people are entering already ill. Do not expect Disney World to sanitize more than a medical facility....let’s be realistic.
You have a good point.

No, I'll ne back at mk tomorrow for mk ap preview, interested to see the crowd level and how it compared to yesterday

Based off of yesterday, what time do you think would be a good time to get to parking lot? I was leaning toward around 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter