WDW Event Swap Progress Thread - **Please post when they arrive!**

Oh Shauna, how nice! :thumbsup2 It sounds like you had a wonderful time - and your DH sure is a keeper! ;)

Thanks for letting us know about the goodies. I'm in no hurry since my stuff is nearly all in boxes at this point anyway. No playing for me until February, but I can't wait to have these 2 rooms re-done! :teeth:

Can I say how envious I am? Hope you had a great trip!

Oh Shauna, how nice! :thumbsup2 It sounds like you had a wonderful time - and your DH sure is a keeper! ;)

Thanks for letting us know about the goodies. I'm in no hurry since my stuff is nearly all in boxes at this point anyway. No playing for me until February, but I can't wait to have these 2 rooms re-done! :teeth:

It was really sweet of him since he knows I've been kind of down with my whole knee thing. I just thought it was funny that he took me somewhere with snow so that it was even harder for me to walk.

It was definitely a quiet trip but we did have a nice time. He is for sure a keeper. :love:

Glad you had a good trip! What a sweetie your DH is!

Thanks for the update! I can't wait to get these back and put them to use quickly!

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I haven't been on. DH sprung a surprise long weekend trip to Lake Tahoe for NYE so I've been away from home and computer since last Friday.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't mail last week. I arrived at the Post Office with a pile of boxes last Thursday to a line stretching out the door (what's up with that?) so I had to leave. Then with DH's surprise trip, I haven't been home since Friday evening for about an hour.

Anyway, I have a pick-up scheduled for tomorrow to get everything. I have pics of everything but don't have them uploaded or in groups so I'll post as soon as I do. At the rate I'm going, you'll get your goodies before the pics show up.

I hope all is well with everyone. Happy New Year to all!!!!

YAY! for a surprise trip ... boo! 'cause we didn't get to meet up! Hope you had a good time and you're not blowing away in the storm.

Well, thank goodness for double bagging!!!

So, as I posted on the BAN Wagon thread, we've had a bit of rain here. Actually, it's the worst storm of the past 20 years. I was without power at work on Friday so got sent home early to arrive at home with no power for 19 hours. Our cable is still out so no Internet access at home and no TV! Our apricot tree fell and took out the power and cable lines and they still haven't fixed it yet so our backyard is covered in "Caution" tape. There is no ETA on when either will be repaired at this point so I don't even know how long I'll have to suffer.

What does all this have to do with double bagging, you ask? Well, I set out all of the boxes of swap items on my porch Thursday morning for the postman to take with him per the special pickup I had scheduled. When I arrived home Thursday evening, I found a sodden pile of cardboard with a note from the postman on my door. Apparently, the boxes had gotten wet where I had placed them (on my covered porch) and he wouldn't take them because some of the addresses had smeared, a few boxes were ripped and they were all wet.

I took half of them to the Post Office on Saturday and got more boxes for the other half which I will finish packaging tonight and will take to the Post Office tomorrow since it's supposed to rain some more and I don't want a repeat of Thursday.

So, half of them are still at my house. I'm so sorry. Everything was boxed and ready to go until Mother Nature intervened. If it makes y'all feel better, none of the actual items were damaged due to our special packaging methods. Yay for double-bagging!!!

I was just wondering if anyone has received their goody package yet. I know Shauna sent some out Saturday and the rest earilier this week. I am anxiously waiting for mine, but was curious about the rave reviews. I cant wait:woohoo:

I don't know if anyone has received theirs but rlovew's came back to me today with a note saying it was too heavy for carrier pick-up and I had to take it to a Post Office. Never mind that there were packages heavier than hers. :confused3 The PO is weird.

Anyway, I'll be taking it to the PO tomorrow as they were all closed by the time I got home. Please post here when y'all get yours. :cutie:

What a great trip to the mailbox for me today. My packaged arrived (no rain damage) and was a great treat to open up. Love all my goodies. I am going to pack them away and have them ready to go when I finally do make it to the MNSSHP that I am planning in a few years.

This was my first swap in several years and it was great to get swapping again. Thanks ladies for all the treats. Love em....:lovestruc

shawn

What a great trip to the mailbox for me today. My packaged arrived (no rain damage) and was a great treat to open up. Love all my goodies. I am going to pack them away and have them ready to go when I finally do make it to the MNSSHP that I am planning in a few years.

This was my first swap in several years and it was great to get swapping again. Thanks ladies for all the treats. Love em....:lovestruc

shawn

I'm so happy you decided to participate. Your items were simply darling. Please stick around and play with us!

DH called me at work to tell me I had packages again, and it took me a minute to remember what Shauna would be sending me. When I realized I got so excited - I couldn't wait to come home! Everything is gorgeous! This had to be one of my favorite swaps ever (probably because the topics are some of my most favorite WDW things) and I can't wait to use the items. Seeing this swap come back makes it really hard to stick to my guns on my swap hiatus.

Thanks for hosting, Shauna!

I got mine today - WOW~ I was only in one group and now I wish I had signed up for more. Thanks for hosting Shauna!

Little worried as these haven't arrived yet - but mostly just anxious. Though I saw the pics of the WDW/P&PP pics in the other thread, the DLR stuff wasn't there and I really was looking forward to seeing it. I'll let you know when they show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter