• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

WDW for Couples - Post your questions and suggestions here!!!

I'm glad to say that I'll have new experiences for adults to share in the end of April. DH and I are going on a Disney Cruise on the Dream... And after the cruise, we'll get to stay at Disney's Saratoga Springs and and we'll end the trip in beauty staying Club Level (Main Building) at Disney's Grand Floridian. :cool1:

I can't wait to share my experiences with you.

Hi All!
I've been reading over the past week or so bits at a time but figured I should probably say Hi!

DH (28) and I (27) have been married almost 3 years but been together for over 8. No kids for another few years... at least.

We were lucky enough to have lived within 20mins of DLR for 2 years and were APs for 3 years while dating, plus the first two once married. This has been the first year without AP's... i've been working on my doctorate. :( We Disneymoon'd at WDW in April 2012 but stayed off site. We've been back twice since and are So Totally Hooked!

The perk to not having passes this year is that we've been saving up to do WDW BIG in 2015. We're already booked into BC in December 2015 for 9 nights. :hyper:

I can't stop researching and trying to find new things to do but we tend to get in a habit of eating at the same restaurants as our previous trips. We always end our trip with an evening Narcossee's dinner during fireworks.

"Must do" restaurants for us are: Beaches n' Cream (the grilled cheese/tomato soup is to die for, and a No Way Jose! Should not be missed!), Yahtsman, Coral Reef, and Biergarten (DH's favorite!).

As secondary options we also enjoy LTT, Teppan Edo, Hollywood and Vine (Don't let the reviews fool you!), Crystal Palace (Pooh and the gang are worth the early morning ADR!), Kona Cafe, Hoop Dee Do, and Rose and Crown. On our honeymoon the "hat lady" (entertainer in R&C) asked us about our courting and wrote a 15 minute song about us on the fly. It was amazing. I still have parts of it on my camera! :thumbsup2

With all that said: I hope this thread stays around and i'm looking forward to learning more from you all and sharing my experience!

Just got our BOG FP+ Reservations, and we have FP+ for everything we want except for Main Street Electrical Parade which we'll do on Superbowl Sunday cause apparently the parks are pretty dead that night.

Would love some suggestions on what to ask characters! I want to ask them wedding related questions since we're engaged :) What do you think? Should I ask Anna to be a bridesmaid? Ask Belle for any good readings for our ceremony? Ask Cinderella what the most magical part of her wedding was?? Maybe ask Fairy Godmother and the mice to help me make my wedding dress? I would love to get some cute character interactions in on this trip!

Ask Minnie when she's getting her ring from Mickey, and visa versa. If you see the seven dwarfs (Normally at MNSSHP or MVMCP) show them your ring and ask if they've mined jewels of this size. Ask Cinderella if you should wear glass slippers on your wedding day or if you should take a pumpkin coach to your wedding. You can ask Ariel if she's seen any other gadgets or gizmo's like your ring before, too.

You'll have to let us know how it goes!

And I have another question! A couple actually.

I've never done the Fort Wilderness Campfire and sing-a-long/movie night event. First question, would it be a fun event for us to go to if we're going as a late 20's couple with no kids? It may be something to do if the parks are closing early when we go in a few weeks. Is there a schedule somewhere with the list of movies they play?

Secondly, is it okay that we hug the characters, both fur and face characters? I know they give the kids hugs all the time, but is it weird for the adults to want hugs too? I fully suspend my disbelief when I go to Disney, so for that week, I totally believe they're all the real characters. I always want to give Belle a hug when I've met her in the past, but I'm worried people would think that's strange.

And I have another question! A couple actually.

I've never done the Fort Wilderness Campfire and sing-a-long/movie night event. First question, would it be a fun event for us to go to if we're going as a late 20's couple with no kids? It may be something to do if the parks are closing early when we go in a few weeks. Is there a schedule somewhere with the list of movies they play?

Secondly, is it okay that we hug the characters, both fur and face characters? I know they give the kids hugs all the time, but is it weird for the adults to want hugs too? I fully suspend my disbelief when I go to Disney, so for that week, I totally believe they're all the real characters. I always want to give Belle a hug when I've met her in the past, but I'm worried people would think that's strange.

The campfire program though very geared towards children is still fun for couples if you let it be. I love smores and campfires in general so I love going!!

And no one will find it strange if you are giving characters hugs! My love for Belle is right up there with yours and I always give hugs! The characters do a great job with adults as well

Regarding the movie schedule-- if you google "fort wilderness outdoor movie schedule" you should be able to get a page that list them. I don't think I can post the link. But that is where I look to see-- no idea if it is correct info though. DH and I have not done it yet, but it's on our list to go one night and eat s'mores and do the whole thing!

We're planning a kids-free trip, it will be our first without the kids and I'm having some issues with guilt about it already lol I have an 8 yo DD and a teenage DS, we've been to WDW as a family 5x, our most recent trip was last month December 2015. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this, people go on trips away from their kids all the time but we haven't so I'm a little apprehensive. The kids will stay with my mom so I know they will be fine, my DD is a momma's girl so I'm a little worried she will be upset.

We don't have any huge plans other than to take it slow, ride the things we haven't been able to because of one thing or another. We're planning on doing the keys to the kingdom tour at MK which we can't do with kids. We're not dress up/fancy meal kind of people but we are looking forward to just going to eat what we want instead of polling the whole family and arguing over who wants what. I don't really care how "much" we get done like I do on our family trips.

Just here looking for some ideas for things we might get a kick out of doing that we might overlook when we have the kids with us!

Just here looking for some ideas for things we might get a kick out of doing that we might overlook when we have the kids with us!
It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

The biggest thing we did when without the kids was just NOT PLAN every little thing, I.e. rides, characters, meals, park touring plan, etc. I did plan our meals tho b/C well, you have to, but got to eat at places the kids wouldn't enjoy. Also: woke up whenever vs. being up and out for rope drop; did whatever rides we felt like when we felt like, not every one that was a "must do"; go back to the hotel when we felt like it vs. Staying til we did it all, etc. Basically, just took it a lot easier, and did what we felt like at the moment vs. following Commando Park Touring 101 Guidebook. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter