• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Scariest of All Time

It's tough to be a bug should be in the top 3. Never heard so many crying children in one space and it even freaked me out at the bee sting.

I don’t think any roller coaster should be classified as scary - but intense.

Lol! There is always a kid that has to be taken out of its tough to be a bug when the spiders drop down!!!!
I agree that mr toads wild ride needs to be on the list. The train used to scare me when I was little. We went to DL a couple years ago and had the opportunity to introduce DH to it. He thought I was funny because I kept telling him to wait because he was going to be scared and LAUGHED about the train light!! I sure remembered it being WAY scarier

Yep, used to be a cloud of steam and then it would come "lurching" towards you out of the steam and ceiling.
Last time we rode it was just static, a spotlight came on to illuminate it. Definitely tamed down from the original...thank goodness.

I wonder if it broke or something and that's why they changed it? I remember it being pretty awesome when I last rode it in the 90's...everyone in the car screaming like crazy! Didn't it even have that mouth within a mouth thing popping out? My memory wants to say that it was right in your face but I'm sure it wasn't really that close. It's one of my strongest memories from that ride. I'm sad that I won't ever get a chance to ride it one last time. It was the highlight of the park for me then.

The Alien Encounter...now that sounds like it was truly terrifying. Still can't believe that got green-lighted. Sounds like it was brilliantly done though.

The ride from my childhood that I really remember scaring the liver out of me was Snow White. I swear it was scarier in the 80s, before it was dubbed “scary adventure”.
A few years later, the Alien scene on great movie ride scared me, but it wasn’t really the pop out alien itself, it was the whole thing, the blaring alarm in the background, the ooze I couldn’t identify, the SWEATY Sigourney Weaver animatronic that looked like she was terrified, the whole atmosphere was tense. So many great details I’d appreciate LATER, but as a kid back then, yeesh that was the stuff of nightmares.

Spectromagic clowns?

*gasp* I wasn't a fan of the clowns, but I loved the music and the parade, RIP Spectromagic.

If you asked my 11 year old which ride at WDW is the scariest, he'd say It's a Small World. LOL. DH took some video of us riding it in 2016 (DS was 10) and you can hear him in the background saying, "This...is actually quite terrifying!
That said, I will force him to ride it if/when we go this fall.

My DS also hates IASW. On our first adult only trip without him we called him while on the ride and got his voicemail. I let the music play until his voicemail stopped.

It's Tough to be a Bug seems to scare the heck out of the little kids.

Little kids? It's also not so much fun for some of us middle aged grown ups! I avoid it if at all possible, but DH and DS thinks it's funny to watch me squirm. Once I got in front of the line and when we got let in I just kept on walking and exited with the group that was leaving from the show before. DH and DS now makes sure I'm in between them so I can't escape. Luckily we don't usually bother with this attraction unless we have a Disney Newbie along- which means for our trip in May I'm going to have to face this fear again, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter