WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't the person the DAS is for have to be present for the video chat?
Yes.
She was present. They took her picture while she was asleep. She can’t talk anyway, so I speak for her.
I wondered if they could re-take her picture in the park so it wold be a picture of her awake

Reporting for today, 4/18/2022, I accepted term and conditions earlier morning before opening time like at 6:48 am. Then at 6:59:30 started refreshing. It didn’t open until 7 sharp. Chat window opened and asked to select start. At 7:13 was kick out and needed to log in again. At the end needed to sign out at top of the page and the log in and go to DAS page and closed the chat message of going back to previous page or log in. And once I close that window it refresh the chat.

At 7:31 got a message asking for my name, first dat of park and my party size and names.

At 7:35 started my video call and I explained why I needed and at 7:38 I was already in queue to do my pre selections.

At 7:43 got message from advance selection person and asked me about who has the DAS and who will be joining. Actually the system kicked me out while answering so needed to log back in.

At 7:48 they asked my about my top 2 choices for my first day of park. Since they already knew in system due to park reservation.

At 7:49 they gave me multiple options of timing for both from which I selected the one that worked for my party at 7:50.

At 7:55 received a message of all set for first day and asked for second park day attractions.

At 7:58 received the time slot options and I make my selections.

At 8:05 asked for third date of park. And so go on until completed my 8 days of park . It takes approximately 5-10 min for each day and I had 8 park days so we started at 7:48 attractions selections and finished at 9:02 am. During my selection time eventhough I was actively writing in chat every 5 minutes got me logged out like 5 times. More often than every 30 minutes. I would say every 15-20 min.

Just FYI you can book two attractions at the same time like 5pm but have one hour window to go to both! So make sure that you know if they are near by and the history time of getting in and out. Obviously if you have Slinky and Millenium falcon I suggest to do slinky first and then Millenium due to the time it takes Millenium and hope that the passage between Star Wars and Toy story land is open. Hope this information helps you during your reservation process. 😉

This has probably been answered, but I can’t find it easily with a search. When I asked my travel agent for a list of available DAS attractions, she just sent over the list from the website labeled for the advance selection. We have already made these.

My question is - are ILL attractions available for DAS? So I don’t need to buy these? Our first park day is HS. So I want to be sure that I don’t need to purchase ILL that morning and can use DAS in the park.

Thanks!

This has probably been answered, but I can’t find it easily with a search. When I asked my travel agent for a list of available DAS attractions, she just sent over the list from the website labeled for the advance selection. We have already made these.

My question is - are ILL attractions available for DAS? So I don’t need to buy these? Our first park day is HS. So I want to be sure that I don’t need to purchase ILL that morning and can use DAS in the park.

Thanks!

Yes, they are available for day-of DAS return times. They may tie up your DAS for a while (if they stand-by lines are long) but they are available.

Yes, they are available for day-of DAS return times. They may tie up your DAS for a while (if they stand-by lines are long) but they are available.
Thanks! So do you recommend just purchasing them? We plan on RD TOT, RNR, then heading over to MMRR. We have Smugglers run at 10-11. So I’m thinking we could grab ROR at park open on DAS as our first selection and then head there sometime either before or after smugglers run. This is our first trip since genie + & with DAS. It’s all new planning!

Thanks! So do you recommend just purchasing them? We plan on RD TOT, RNR, then heading over to MMRR. We have Smugglers run at 10-11. So I’m thinking we could grab ROR at park open on DAS as our first selection and then head there sometime either before or after smugglers run. This is our first trip since genie + & with DAS. It’s all new planning!
I don’t think you need to buy ILL just need to make selection as soon as you enter the park and your return time would be the stand by less 10 min.

For the advance selections, is there a list of attractions somewhere that are frequently unavailable? I know that the ILL$ attractions are not eligible, but are most people able to select Slinky, Jungle Cruise, Navi, etc. if doing the chat at least a few weeks out? Or do those rides get taken immediately?

Thanks.

For the advance selections, is there a list of attractions somewhere that are frequently unavailable? I know that the ILL$ attractions are not eligible, but are most people able to select Slinky, Jungle Cruise, Navi, etc. if doing the chat at least a few weeks out? Or do those rides get taken immediately?

Thanks.
We just booked on Saturday. Our 30 days out was Thursday, but it was way too busy. On at 6:59, refreshed, logged in at 7AM & were chatting by 7:47.
We got our first choices
HS- Slinky & Millenium Falcon
MK - Jungle & Big Thunder
Epcot - Test Track & Soarin (Frozen wasn't an option)
AK - Safari & Navi (Everest wasn't available, probably because it hadn't reopened at that point?)

I haven't seen a list of those that sell out quickly. That would be nice!

We just booked on Saturday. Our 30 days out was Thursday, but it was way too busy. On at 6:59, refreshed, logged in at 7AM & were chatting by 7:47.
We got our first choices
HS- Slinky & Millenium Falcon
MK - Jungle & Big Thunder
Epcot - Test Track & Soarin (Frozen wasn't an option)
AK - Safari & Navi (Everest wasn't available, probably because it hadn't reopened at that point?)

I haven't seen a list of those that sell out quickly. That would be nice!

This is very helpful, thank you! Did you get a few time choices for each? Like at least morning/afternoon?

This is very helpful, thank you! Did you get a few time choices for each? Like at least morning/afternoon?
Yep! 2-3 options for each one. I think they were all either 1 morning & 1 afternoon except for slinky. I believe that one was 2pm or 7pm.

Thanks.
There isn’t any list of attractions that are frequently unavailable. There are a certain of ‘slots’ available for each ‘eligible’ attraction for each day.
Whether an individual attraction and time slot is available when you try to book it is going to vary with a lot of random variables that change from day to day. Things like how many people are trying to book that day, whether they are interested in the things you are, number of people in your group, time.
Some people are reporting being offered several time slots, as @Abatts mentioned; others are just given 1 time or given their 2 attractions for the day with 1 time for each. It may depend on the CM (or more likely) what’s available.

We asked for all my DD’s DAS Advance Selections at 1 or later if possible (she has a lot of cares in the morning). The CM was able to accommodate that for the most part. Other guests have asked for ‘as early in the day as possible’ or even a particular day in the morning and the rest afternoon. The CM will try to work with what you ask for if it’s possible.

I pre registered for DAS online today and I had a question, for example lets say we have a slinky dog dash pre selected for 7 to 8pm tomorrow I get to the park and wish to ride earlier am I able to use the app for thhe das for an earlier time the day im in the park the 7 to 8pm time frame was the only time the cast member could get for slinky dog but im sure my son will be sleeping come that time was just curious how it works can I try to get an earlier time the day of

Yes, that's not a problem. The pre-arranged DAS have no effect on day-of DAS return times. You can absolutely get day-of one and either ride twice or just not use your pre-arranged one.
Okay thank you for clarifying so as soon as I scan my band to enter the park I can use the app to schedule another das park this is my first itme with the app in the past I had to go to the attraction to get a return time.

as I scan my band to enter the park I can use the app to schedule another das park
Just to clarify this more because sometime parties don't all arrive at the park together. A DAS Return Time may be obtained in the app as soon as the DAS-holder has scanned into the park. If anyone else in the party has not scanned in, they cannot be included in the DAS Return Time. So to include the full party, wait until all have arrived in the park each day.

Just to clarify this more because sometime parties don't all arrive at the park together. A DAS Return Time may be obtained in the app as soon as the DAS-holder has scanned into the park. If anyone else in the party has not scanned in, they cannot be included in the DAS Return Time. So to include the full party, wait until all have arrived in the park each day.

ok understood my son is 4 it was put under his name picture will I be able to schedule the das under my account since he is on it

ok understood my son is 4 it was put under his name picture will I be able to schedule the das under my account since he is on it
You have the account, but each person has their own profile under the account.
A 4 year old would not have their own account in any case and an adult would be managing their activities anyway.
Anyone who is linked to the DAS can make a DAS Return Time.

Hi everyone,
I am new to this so I have a few questions. We are going in June and I’m a school teacher so I don’t think I’ll be able to get online and schedule ahead of time since we leave right after the school year ends. I see so many people waiting for hours and I have to be at school by 7:35 so I Just don’t think it’s in the cards to schedule ahead sadly. Where do I need to go to sign up if our first day is Epcot? Also how does it work day of reservations. I saw that you schedule via the app and it’s 10 mins less of the current wait time, but can you only schedule one ride? Should we add genie + plus so we can add a second ride time if possible. This is all new to me and I want to make sure I’m prepared and understand. Thank you!

Hi everyone,
I am new to this so I have a few questions. We are going in June and I’m a school teacher so I don’t think I’ll be able to get online and schedule ahead of time since we leave right after the school year ends. I see so many people waiting for hours and I have to be at school by 7:35 so I Just don’t think it’s in the cards to schedule ahead sadly. Where do I need to go to sign up if our first day is Epcot? Also how does it work day of reservations. I saw that you schedule via the app and it’s 10 mins less of the current wait time, but can you only schedule one ride? Should we add genie + plus so we can add a second ride time if possible. This is all new to me and I want to make sure I’m prepared and understand. Thank you!
The first post is a little messy - it was being written and updated as things were being introduced.

The video DAS registration is open until 10pm Eastern Time and is open weekends from 7am until 10pm Eastern Time. Right now its probably been busy because of Spring break and Easter. So, it may still be possible for you to call.

To register at EPCOT, go to Guest Relations or one of the blue Guest Experience umbrellas that are in various places in the park - one of the easier to find ones is near Living Seas.
Be prepared to answer a question similar to ‘what are your concerns with waiting in the regular lines’ for the person you are requesting DAS for.

The CM can show you how to use the My Disney Experience app to request DAS Return Times, which are based on the current Standby wait time (as you wrote).
There are some screenshots in the first post that illustrate how to make DAS Return Times.
Guests can only have one active DAS Return Time at a time. DAS Return Times remain active until used, changed/cancelled or until the attraction/park closes for the day. When using a DAS Return Time, the guest registered for DAS scans first; after the CM clears it, the rest scan. Once your group has scanned into the attraction, the next DAS Return Time can be made ; in our experience , WiFi inside attractions was pretty spotty, so we had trouble making any when we were inside.

My family doesn’t have experience using Genie+, so I can’t answer. I do know it gives ’next available time’ , which can be many hours in the future. Disney recently added wording to their Genie+ information saying guests using it can expect to experience 2-3 attractions per day on average.

Quick question after you have completed your 2 pre arrival reservations are you allowed to go into the chat to make a change, I just realized one of our pre selected times is during a dining reservation or is this something I can do at a blue umbrella with a cast member the day of

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter