WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question after you have completed your 2 pre arrival reservations are you allowed to go into the chat to make a change, I just realized one of our pre selected times is during a dining reservation or is this something I can do at a blue umbrella with a cast member the day of
The information we have is that DAS Advance Selections need to be changed by going back into the selection chat. Follow the same process as starting the video chat, but when the chat window opens, follow the link in the chat window to the selection text chat. The wait for someone to answer that chat has not been long.

People have posted the CM needs to cancel the existing DAS Advance Selection to check on a different time; it’s possible that there may not be any ‘slots’ for that attraction that work better or there may not be any available at all. So, be ready with an alternative selection just in case. If you need to, you can always make a DAS Return Time in the park for the attraction on the day of visit.

The information we have is that DAS Advance Selections need to be changed by going back into the selection chat. Follow the same process as starting the video chat, but when the chat window opens, follow the link in the chat window to the selection text chat. The wait for someone to answer that chat has not been long.

People have posted the CM needs to cancel the existing DAS Advance Selection to check on a different time; it’s possible that there may not be any ‘slots’ for that attraction that work better or there may not be any available at all. So, be ready with an alternative selection just in case. If you need to, you can always make a DAS Return Time in the park for the attraction on the day of visit.

Hmm the chat wont work for me now is there something else I should be doing

Hmm the chat wont work for me now is there something else I should be doing
I’m not sure what you mean by ‘won’t work’. If I’m not assuming the issue correctly, can you explain a little more?

It should work if you go to this page, WDW DAS webpage

Log in, then scroll down and tap the button for TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Read and Accept those, then tap REQUEST VIDEO CHAT.
The chat page should open to the same place it was when you were on it last; that might be a ‘thank you and closing the chat’ message from the planning/selection chat CM. Type something in the message box to reopen the chat.
That should bring up the standard message on this screenshot or a similar one. Tapping on the link should bring you back to the planning/selections chat.

A4F38129-C5C2-414A-A958-4EF108C50A5C.jpeg

The first post is a little messy - it was being written and updated as things were being introduced.

The video DAS registration is open until 10pm Eastern Time and is open weekends from 7am until 10pm Eastern Time. Right now its probably been busy because of Spring break and Easter. So, it may still be possible for you to call.

To register at EPCOT, go to Guest Relations or one of the blue Guest Experience umbrellas that are in various places in the park - one of the easier to find ones is near Living Seas.
Be prepared to answer a question similar to ‘what are your concerns with waiting in the regular lines’ for the person you are requesting DAS for.

The CM can show you how to use the My Disney Experience app to request DAS Return Times, which are based on the current Standby wait time (as you wrote).
There are some screenshots in the first post that illustrate how to make DAS Return Times.
Guests can only have one active DAS Return Time at a time. DAS Return Times remain active until used, changed/cancelled or until the attraction/park closes for the day. When using a DAS Return Time, the guest registered for DAS scans first; after the CM clears it, the rest scan. Once your group has scanned into the attraction, the next DAS Return Time can be made ; in our experience , WiFi inside attractions was pretty spotty, so we had trouble making any when we were inside.

My family doesn’t have experience using Genie+, so I can’t answer. I do know it gives ’next available time’ , which can be many hours in the future. Disney recently added wording to their Genie+ information saying guests using it can expect to experience 2-3 attractions per day on average.

Thank you so much! I may try on the weekend then or one night school. I really appreciate all the tips. This makes me feel better and I will try over calling ahead of time.

I’m still confused on the 30 days rule. I’ve read the last ten pages of this thread and have seen both “30 days prior to first park day” and “30 days prior that includes all park days”. Is it just that it depends on who you get on the chat for a CM?

I also wanted to ask if the morning time slots for ride Advance Selections fill up quicker than the afternoon & evening slots?

Thanx for any help & direction, as I am new to DAS after lots n lots of WDW trips.

I’m still confused on the 30 days rule. I’ve read the last ten pages of this thread and have seen both “30 days prior to first park day” and “30 days prior that includes all park days”. Is it just that it depends on who you get on the chat for a CM?

I also wanted to ask if the morning time slots for ride Advance Selections fill up quicker than the afternoon & evening slots?

Thanx for any help & direction, as I am new to DAS after lots n lots of WDW trips.
From what I can tell the 30 days out depends on the CM you get.

Officially all park days must be within the 30-day window. That is stated on the WDW website. Some CMs appear to be more lenient and able to schedule outside that window.
I‘ve seen several posts lately where the poster was told the CM is not able to do any that are more than 30 days out. The posters were told they would need to re-contact the planning chat to schedule the further out days.
I don’t have any facts, butI suspect CMs were recently told they need to follow what the website says and not do more than 30 days. It’s not fair for some guests to be allowed and others not.

The question about whether morning slots for DAS Advance Selections fill up quicker isn’t something we can tell. It probably varies day to day and depends on which attraction and times the guests making DAS Advance Selections are interested in.

I made my call during the Easter weekend. I got to make my reservations for the entire stay. I do not know why, if I had to think of reasons: I was calling from the other side of the ocean, I do not visit regularly and it will be my first time using DAS.

Got registered for a DAS a couple days ago successfully. I flipped between the app on my iPhone, chrome on my iPhone and Firefox on my desktop many times throughout the day. Waited just under 6 hours, someone popped up with a few questions and said they would be with me shortly and could I answer the q’s in the meantime. I caught it about 5 mins after it popped up and answered the q’s on my app. A couple mins later they tried to initiate the video chat and informed I was on the app and I needed to be on desktop. Asked them to wait a minute and I switched to chrome on my iPhone and the first call couldn’t hear. Disconnected it (accidentally 🤦🏻‍♀️) and then on reconnection everything was fine!

I am familiar with the program because I have helped a family member with it for Disney world in Nov, though this was my first time needing it for myself. I thought there was like a screening questionnaire thing and then another wait for a video chat? For me the same person handled the few q’s and the video chat started within minutes from that.

One thing I definitely settled on- you won’t accidentally log yourself out of the chat. So don’t ever freak out when it times you out! Also, if you start on a desktop but are on the go that day- take it with you! The chat doesn’t kick you out of line for switching between different browsers/computers/phones more than a dozen times (I really stretched it once I realized it did not matter 😆).

Just to record a current experience with the DAS registration and advance selection process. Upcoming trip is 5/20--5/25/22. Opened chat at 9:30am EST. On "hold" for 4 hours (almost to the minute). Video chat was easy. Approval was quick (<5 minutes). The agent then transferred me into another on-line chat to make my advanced DAS selections. Agent was available immediately. The attraction selection process took a little longer (about 20 minutes). Other that the initial wait of 4 hours "on hold", the process was easy and straight-forward.

Reactions: CJK
We have to renew the DAS next time we go(first visit since the fall) and are doing a VIP tour for a friend's milestone birthday, so we won't need the DAS until dinnertime.

We've never done it this late in the day, we will have any issues registering late?

This is Disneyland in CA. We did just use it for a week at WDW, but we preregistered there.

We have to renew the DAS next time we go(first visit since the fall) and are doing a VIP tour for a friend's milestone birthday, so we won't need the DAS until dinnertime.

We've never done it this late in the day, we will have any issues registering late?

This is Disneyland in CA. We did just use it for a week at WDW, but we preregistered there.
No problem.
Guest Relations is open as long as the park is so there won’t be an issue with registering late in the day.
Disneyland also has advance video registration if you would like to do it ahead of time.

Three questions...

1.) Can I sign the terms and conditions before the 30 day? Or is that done the morning of the interview as well?
2.) Someone mentioned "Space" as an option that is not allowed right now but it is listed on the WDW site as one we can choose from? Is the WDW site for ride selections reliable?
3.) I practiced on the app looking for a DAS return time but see no DAS options - is this because I am not signed up for DAS yet?

TIA

Three questions...

1.) Can I sign the terms and conditions before the 30 day? Or is that done the morning of the interview as well?
2.) Someone mentioned "Space" as an option that is not allowed right now but it is listed on the WDW site as one we can choose from? Is the WDW site for ride selections reliable?
3.) I practiced on the app looking for a DAS return time but see no DAS options - is this because I am not signed up for DAS yet?

TIA
1) The Terms and Conditions need to be accepted on the day you are applying for DAS. If registration ends for the day or you log out before your video chat starts, you will need to accept the Terms and Conditions again the next time you sign in.

2) ‘Space‘ meaning Mission Space?
The list on the WDW website is accurate; it says ‘these attractions may be available’ WDW DAS Advance Selection Attractions
A certain number of DAS Advance Selection spots are allocated to each attraction each day, spread out thru the day. If an attraction is not available, it could be that time period is filled, all the time slots for that particular day are filled or the group size is bigger than the number of slots left.
If it’s not available, you can always get a DAS Return Time on the day of your visit.

3) DAS only shows up AFTER the guest is registered for DAS and has entered the first park. DAS Return Times can’t be made until the person registered for DAS has entered the park. Other members of the group also need to have entered the park to be added to a DAS Return Time.

I have done DAS video chat and ride pre-selections twice now, so understand overall how it works. However, I didn’t have park hoppers on those trips. I’m doing a quick two day trip this summer and will have park hoppers. Can I book my pre-selected rides later in the day at a park other than where my reservation starts or can it only be at where My reservation is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter