We are going to the Zoo PTR***Updated with Link

kizzabel

Eating poisonous apples since '86
Hi all, I know we're still 1 month and 3 days away from going but I've some time to myself and Im bursting to do this PTR so here it goes!

009-2.jpg

This lady here is the reason for our trip! Its our DD, Jemma, who turns 6 on November 5th. We are getting married in May and fun things have been scaled back in a bid to save for the wedding. We have had to scale things back further as DP has not been able to return to work following unsucessful back surgery. We then found we had a little money to play with after doing our new budget and decided to treat the kids to a Christmas/Birthday trip to DLP which helps make up for the austerity measures also!!

And so onto the Cast
DP: Shane, 28. A non lover of Disney! Shock! Hes looking forward to the kids faces and getting to see the shows. This is his 2nd trip.

Me: Kizzy, 25. Full time Mam and Disney dependant! Loves: Alice, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather and ToT. This is my 4th trip

DD: Jemma, almost 6. Loves: Tiana, Rapunzel, singing and going to Brownies. This is her 3rd trip

DS: James, 2. Loves: Rex, Stitch and Dumbo (aka BoBo!). Has just recently started talking and this is his 1st trip!

When/Where
Staying at Sequoia Lodge from Monday November 7th until Thursday November 10th with a Lake View Room.

The Surprise Reveal
We have told Jemma that we are going to the Zoo! Awful liars :)
So the plan is to travel up the day after birthday (Sunday Nov 6th) and have dinner in her favourite restaurant on the way, before checking into the Travelodge for the night. We will leave the Travelodge at horrible o'clock, under the guise of going to look at the airplanes (yeah at 4am!!) and I will drop DP and luggage at T2 in Dublin Airport and park up betsy in the long term carpark and bring the kids back to the airport by shuttle bus. Once there we will press record on the camera and sit Jemma down in a quiet corner and tell her to open her new backpack, where she'll find a book. The book says Happy Birthday Jemma and has different pics of her at DLP and of the rides she loves on each page. The 2nd page asks her if she would like to go on an airplane and the 3rd if she would like to stay in Bambi's hotel! Theyres also a page with the Princesses asking her to lunch, Mickey asking her to dinner, a pic of Paramagique (with the words Daddy wants to go on this with you - Mammys going to be safe on the ground!!) and Santa wanting to see her!

The Plan
Monday: Surprise reveal. Fly to CDG arriving at 9am. Shuttle with RS Transports. Check in and head for the parks. Lunch at Toad Hall. OUAD parade. Dinner at Hunters Grill (SL) before Bonfire Fireworks on Lake Disney.
Tuesday: Visit to Salon Mickey (our 1st :woohoo:) and then on to see Santa. Lunch at Auberge for DD and I while the boys do theyre own thing. Want to catch the shows (Aurora and Mickeys Winter Wonderland) and then onto dinner at Billy Bobs or Annettes.
Wednesday: Maybe another visit to SM and a good wander in Belle's Christmas Village and some major Christmas shopping :) :woohoo: Lunch will be EoS today. We want to see tree lighting and Fantillusion tonight and have dinner in Inventions or Cafe Mickey.
Thursday: We will be redoing any things we loved again and hopefully seeing Stars n Cars today. Lunch will be late and in Res des Stars. Before leaving the park. Crying.

Must Do's
Stitch Live
Princess Pavilion
Playhouse Disney Live
All the Christmas shows
Stunt show again perhaps to see Mc Queen
A lovely swim in the SL's swimming pool.
Buy all the lovely Christmas things!

LETS GO!!

Sorry about the pics sizes, having trouble with Photobucket. If anyone knows how to resize and for it to resize here please help :goodvibes

your trip sounds amazing I cant wait till Elsie is older to take her at Christmas time to see Santa and the shows

So looking froward to this TR and photos xxx

Thanks Tinks xx
Elsie would love it. Did you see the video on the DLP website? It looks so magical :lovestruc

Thanks Tinks xx
Elsie would love it. Did you see the video on the DLP website? It looks so magical :luvstruc:

I did yesterday when looking at prices fro March and she was playing on the floor talking away and as soon as the music started she stopped and watched the video with me soon as it stopped she was backing to chatting away lol!

sounds like a fantastic trip and what a lovely birthday suprise for your DD can't wait to read your trippie and see the photos of Disney at Christmas have a brilliant time xx

Yay you finally get to do your PTR :banana:.
Sounds like a fab trip. dd birthday is the 7th November and we went for her birthday last year as you know :rotfl2:. Jemma is going to have a wonderful time as are you all. Looking forward to you TR hun :cutie:

Karen, look at your ticker!! Mucho jealous!!
So looking forward to it :) What year was your DD born?

Aaaw tinks I think Elsie has the disney bug!

Thanks Tinkerbells mum. Cannot wait to see it in its finery! Will take loads of pics. Just hope the camera doesnt go crazy on batteries. Knew i should have bought a rechargable battery camera :headache:

One month today and we'll be on the way to Dublin :woohoo:

Looking forward to this one. I hope you manage to hold out and keep the surprise as you have it planned because it seems awesome.

Thank you :)
Doing well so far so fingers crossed I'll manage it. I dread to think if I do let slip because DD wont stop talking as it is and I think if she knew she'd have talked the ears off me by November!!
She started chattering at 7am and hasnt stopped since. And shes using her loud voice since shes come home from school. I think i need a lie down!!

Im almost packed :woohoo:
Just have jeans for DS and socks for DD to pack.... Oh and my own but its good progress :)

Karen, look at your ticker!! Mucho jealous!!
So looking forward to it :) What year was your DD born?

:

He He so excited :cool1::banana::dance3::yay::woohoo: I can't wait now that Eurostar have finally found my ticket :headache:.

DD was born in 2006, she is 5 this year... it goes so fast :cutie:

Lol only a year and 2 days between your DD and Jem.
Make sure ya take loadsa pics!! Will be looking forward to your TR. All packed? Love the way something always goes wrong before hols. My car did its ritual bit of kicking up before DLP! The fuel pump went on it. By pure chance it happened outside the mechanics just down from my house :cool1: All fixed now, just have to get an alloy welded as theres a slight crack but its minor.

I have the case out and have been ordering new outfits for my trip from Next (I am nearly as obsessed with this shop as I am dlp :lmao:) I will be sure to fill the memory cards up on the trip lol.

Every trip we have something go wrong but usually turns out ok... fingers crossed.

Eeeeeek!! Excitement!! Its getting so close now! :jumping3:

Try not to burst and spill the surprise!! :mickeyjum

Looking forward already to your trip report!!

Thanks guys. Not looking forward to the 3am alarm eeek!
Got checked in for the departing flight today and picked our seats :cool1:

Not long now, you must be so excited!!

We haven't told our children about our Feb trip (planing to do something similair to you), and it is killing me already, I am fit to burst everytime DD mentions Disney!!

I love a good surprise! Cant wait to see theyre little faces!

Ive printed the boarding cards for the departing journey and have to wait until tomorrow to print the return ones. :cool1:

Also if anyone wants to see, Im posting the link to the book we had made for DD which explains the surprise!
I have a personalised trolley backpack for each of them (Thank you Disney Store - the price was a bit ouch)
James' is Toy Story 3 and has his clothes and a Thumper plush which Id bought for this trip on the last if you follow.
Jemma's is a Tangled one with her book and a fab Bambi plush, also bought at DLP in March plus her Minnie ears.

Heres the link:
http://www3.snapfish.ie/snapfishie/.../s_otsc=SYE/s_otsi=SPRJ/s_se=FDR/s_pt=PMB,BMB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter