"We saw rope drop and he immediately pooped his pants" a may 15 TR (with a 8 month old)

love your TR! your son is adorable, despite his poopy pants! :) So glad he enjoyed meeting the characters.

Wednesday, Epcot Day.. Im trying to bang this TR out bc i need to start working on our upcoming trip in December. And a wedding reception.
Quick explanation... I started calling my DF my DH in this TR, bc thats how i think of him. We have been engaged for a while now and the only reason we werent married was bc we had to go through legal actions to divorce my Ex. He was missing so it took a while. Well its finally done, and DH and I are going to get married at the town hall in a very informal way. Then to celebrate a few days later, we are going to go on a dinner cruise with our closest family. Thats the end of next month. But as of now we already think of each other as husband/wife.

Ok back to Disney. We woke up at OKW and let DS play with the baby in the mirror while we got ready. We had toast and english muffins in the room, then took the bus to the hospitality house to get coffee and drinks. Then we jumped on the bus to epcot. We didnt get there right at park open, which wasnt the plan anyway. Our first fast pass wasn until 945. We walked in and thought about going on spaceship earth right away, but it was down. So we headed over to the starbucks so DH could get a coffee. It is weird walking through innovations with it all being closed. We decided to go to the Land first. And Living with the Land had a really long line. We decided to stay anyway bc this was a ride DS could go on. but i dont think ive ever waited in line for this ride unless it was raining out. DS was ho hum about this ride. So when we got off that ride we decided to try Journey into imagination. DS LOVED this ride. Afterwords we hung out a bit in the exhibit area, and i held DS while he stomped in the colored lights area. I think in his head he was playing with the older kids that were there, even though we just stayed on our one square. I bought a figment pin for his pin board.

Then we headed over to The Seas. We walked right on this ride. I think DS was just confused again, and getting tired. So we walked around the aquarium for a bit. DS was captivated by the tanks, but getting groggy. Out next fastpass was Spaceship Earth. I decided to go right for that, get it out of the way. After SE was out test track FP, and that would be a great time for DS to nap. We went on SE and i let DS push all the buttons. So our track was in german, but we were from Madagascar. And we were going to take a hover train to work everyday.

Had to run out mid report yesterday for a fire call... so where did we leave off.... SE. We exited SE and went to get our free picture from the Visa Disney Character meet. Of course... DS loved meeting Pluto and Minnie Then DS was out for his nap. This worked out perfect as we wanted to use our fast passes for test track. We found a spot in the shade, and DH sat with DS as i went to the ride. I was a little early so i used the single rider line and walked right on. So i went two more times, checking on the boys in between each time. DH couldnt believe i was riding that much in such a short time. So when i relieved him from baby duty, i told him... just skip the fast pass and use single rider. I let him ride over and over while i strolled around some of the flowers. I also went and got an orange ice cream bar and a diet coke to share with DH.
When DH was finally done. we headed over to world showcase. But not before stopping by Duffy so DS could meet another character. We started in Mexico and went on the 3 caballeros ride. DS was awake and flirted with the cast member that ran the ride. As far as the ride went... he was like "oh look, another boat, wheres that girl who was waving at me"
After Mexico we sorta just sped through world showcase. I did stop and watch the oyster pearl thing in japan for a little bit. We stopped in France so i could get a Grande Mariner drink. And also stopped at the UK bc we wanted to get a certificate of DH and my family crests. Then it was dinner at Via Napoli!!!
I love Via Napoli pizza. They sat us way in the back, near where the wait staff goes in and out of the kitchen. Where they put the high chair for DS was right in the traffic path, not only for servers, but everyone going to the bathroom. DS was only there 3 minutes before i almost saw his head taken off by a passing serving tray, and me sitting next to him had been bumped into multiple times. So, we moved him to an awkward position and DH and i sat on the same side of the table. That was kind of inconvenient. But DS loved watching the action in the kitchen, and the pizza was amazing like usual. They even brought us a little dessert bc it was our engagement anniversary.
After dinner we took our time wandering around. We went back to Mexico and DH and DS got their picture taken with Donald. Then we roamed back to Germany so i could get one of my must haves... a carmel apple. I also picked up a carmel sea salt brownie for DH. Desserts in hand we found a bench to watch illuminations from. There we just relaxed and munched our desserts. We were joined at one point by an older gentlemen who told us all about his grandchildren, then he left and a young couple sat with us. She was 5 months pregnant, so was asking all sorts of questions about DS. I told her i was 5 months pregnant my last disney trip, and it was the same time of year. We put DS's ear plugs on and he slept through the entire show. There was a bad storm rolling in when the show ended, and lightning all around, so we hurried out of the park. Guess what - DS did not poop his pants on the bus! Win!!!
We enjoy Epcot but i'll admit it isnt as fun as some of the other parks with a young one. When DS is older though i will definitely take advantage of the Kidcot, and passport thing they do there. Its just a shame that there wasnt really anything in the Innovations building anymore and Maelstrom was gone.
We got back to OKW and went right to our room. We let DS see the baby in the mirror, then let him go to bed.
We stayed up and watched some mindless television until we fell asleep. I do remember there was a loud group in the hot tub that was right outside our door. That was irritating since it is supposed to be a quiet pool... but they finally died down. So we went to sleep around midnight.

Great update!! I know what you mean about Epcot not being great for really little kids. In a coupld years though it will be a lot different.

Ok.. If anyone is still with me i am going to power through and finish this trip report.... Sans pictures bc i just cant deal with photobucket right now. SO the next day was Hollywood studios day. We had a quick breakfast in the room, just enough to get us going and then caught the bus to the hospitality house. We filled our mugs then caught a bus to Hollywood Studios. Our first stop was Starring Roles, where we fnished our breakfast fix. DH got a Cinn. Bun and i got a apple cranberry turnover thing that i shared with DS. Then we headed off to Star Tours where we used a rider swap. DH went first and DS and i watched jedi training outside. Then we switched. When we were done we got in line for a photo of DS sitting on the .... forest bike thingy... (<---- official name) from return of the jedi. For some reason the photopass cast member never took a picture... just let DH take one with our camera. Then we headed over to TSMM.
First cool thing of the day... While we were cutting through streets of america, I had DS on my shoulder and was walking ahead of DH, when who walks around the corner.... DARTH VADER. He walked past us and DH got this awesome pic of DS looking back at hime with this look that said "DAD! do you see this guy> Watch out"
TSMM was next. DS loved it. I had him on my lap and i still only lost by 10 points!!! i was so mad. Huge handicap.
Then we did character meet and greets with Woody and Buzz.. then Monsters Sully and Mike. DS loved it. Lights Motor Action was next as i had never seen that... and now that i have... ok. I;m glad i saw it but i wont miss it. DS fell asleep during the show. SO we slowly made our way to the front of the park bc i had a fast pass for ToT. We walked past the actors that consisted of the director that yells at the whiny nasaly actress and hit the bathroom for a diapy change and bathroom break. When i got finished, DH decided he needed a potty break so i waited outside with DS. THe "director and actress" troupe were walking through to go backstage at the very moment i took DS's sippy cup away.... And DS started screaming. Well the whiny actress was right at the backstage door but turned around and started screaming "EMERGENCY EMERGENCY OUT OF MY WAY" and ran up to DS's stroller. Then in a very nice not whiny voice sang "You are my Sunshine" to my son. And he stopped crying and just smiled at her. Then she blew him a kiss, got all whiny again and ran back stage. Awesome disney magic moment.
Ok Tower of Terror... i have a fear of elevators falling... i take stairs if i can.... so ToT imtimidated the bejeezies out of me. But... I hail from Rod Serlings home town... i felt obligated to represent. So we walked over and i detoured to Rock N Roller Coaster, just to delay ToT. I used the single rider line... this was a first for me, but DH hates upside down rides so we never went on. I liked it... the story is kind of silly, but the ride is fun. Then it was ToT time. I forced myself to go through and enjoy the atmosphere. Awesome. THen i got on the ride and.... .MY NEW FAVORITE RIDE. Wow.... it was so much fun. As Soon as i got off i went to FP+ and added another ToT fastpass. Then went right back, this time getting a rider swap, and telling DH how to get to the gift Shop. When i got off this time i made DH buy me a t shirt and pin bc that was the deal if i went on the ride.
Saving the rider swap for later, we went for our ADR at 50's Prime Time. We got seated at a table under a TV. Our Waitress was awesome,... cant remember her name.. and she kept yelling at DH for having his elbows on the table. I got a electric lemonade and DS was fascinated by the ice cube. We both ordered the fried chicken and it was amazing. The table next to us had a larger family and the father was on the phone the whole time dealing with work, and he was yelling at the person on the phone. Like yelling and threatening. Our waitress was a little uncomfortable and kind of held back with the antics. But she remained really nice with us. We ordered dessert, and DS shared my sundae with me. He screamed when we were finished. THen more Disney Magic, the waitress brought our check and also brought over a light up lightning mcqueen over for DS, saying he was so well behaved.
After dinner i never made it back to ToT to use the rider swap bc we wanted to go swimmimg. So we headed for the bus.

Ok,, not a disney magic moment. We took the bus back to the Hospitality House where they were painting the curb yellow, leaving only one small area for people to get on the sidewalk. Now you could step over the yellow paint but youd have to take a wide step. The small area for ppl to get on the sidewalk was currently blocked by the bell services cart. Now i was carrying DS and the stroller, and DH had the backpacks. I was fine walking around and stepping over the paint but before that happened. Bellman 1 says to bellman 2. "We gotta get a move on, we are holding ppl up" in a light hearted way. Like saying out loud to us "Sorry folks, we;ll move as soon as we can." Bellman 2... Hector from Ohio then says in a nasty voice "I wait on them all day, they can wait on me for a change"
I was already on the sidewalk when he said this and i just stopped and said to DH "Did he really just say that?" (now i just had to stand on the bus, my hands were full, and my feet hurt so i may have been a little testy) then i turn to him and say "You did choose to come to work today and "wait" on us" Another gentleman walked up to him and took a look at his nametag wheras Hector went "Can i help you" in a nasty voice. The gentleman said "Nope i got it."
We started walking back to fill our mugs when DH decided to follow the gentleman into guest services. He decided that if that gentleman was going to make a complaint, he would back him up. Well good thing... bc the woman and guest services told that gentleman she didnt believe Hector would say that. So DH spoke up, and noticed she was from the same town in Ohio too.... hmmmmm.
So DH asked her what she was going to do about it. This took her aback and she said it was none of his business but would assure that she told someone.
Needless to say,... DH followed up, bc he put that in our review and Disney got back to us. They had received other complaints about him and also saw that the woman never reported his complaint. We also made sure to include that Bellman #1 was very friendly (he was the same one who took us to our room at check in) and we felt bad for him bc you could tell he was uncomfortable when Hector said that in front of everyone.

We walked back to our room and grabbed our swim stuff. THen took the bus back to the main pool. I went down the slide a couple of times then took DS into the pool with me. He was a lot more comfortable this time around and even started laughing when i would spin him around. THen i packed him up in the stroller and he napped while DH and i sat in the hot tub (with him right there next to us). We had a pretzel after the hot tub and walked back to our room. DS went right to sleep and we followed

Ok... Last Day. MK. Today we focused on adventure land and frontier land. But as soon as we got to MK we got on the monorail to Poly for breakfast at KONA!!!
DH for his Kona Koffee, and something or other for breakfast... and i got TONGA TOAST! I never had it and i loved it. And DH wishes he got it too. THen we jumped the monorail and hit the park. Our first FP was TMR.. DH's Favorite. So we did rider swap. Then we had FP for Splash. First time for me and i went first, and DH went second. He said the first big drop scared him bc he didnt realize there was more than just the finale drop. haha. After Splash we parked the stroller just to ride on the train around the park. We came back to where we left off and still had time before our next fast pass so we went on the Tiki Room. Then fast pass for haunted mansion, which didnt faze DS at all. Then back to adventure land where we had a Dole Whip, another first for me... yumm.
THen we had ADRs at crystal Palace. DS Loved the characters. First came Piglet, whick DS reached out grabbed his hand/paw/foot. eeyore got ignored. THen Pooh came over and DS tried to give him a piece of his teething cracker... which was precious as this was the first time we ever saw DS try and share. Then Tigger and OMG. DS had a tigger shirt on so Tigger was excited. DS had the biggest smile on his face and bit Tiggers nose 5 times. Tigger spent a lot of time at our table. And then Piglet came back towards the end. And we got a pic of DS and Piglet touching noses.
After dinner we did our last FP, Pirates. and headed out of the park. But we stopped at Talking Mickey first. This blew DS's small mind when he heard mickey talk.

We got back to our room and made sure everything was packed and ready to go. Then we took the bus to hospitality house, then water taxi to DTD/DS to get my parents their malt balls from Gihradelli.. and i know i didnt spell that right. I also got a christmas ornament, and DH bought DS a little pooh bear. Then back to the room via bus, and to bed. We had to be up at 5 am to catch ME, got to the airport, road the fakeorail the day after the fatal accident and on the plane we were. Til next time disney. which is the pre trip report i am about to start now.

Am i the only one,... i find the TR becomes harder when you are distracted by planning for your next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter