• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

We took the kids to WDW! - All done, Now Bonus features! Festival of Holidays 2/23

I'm glad you are all caught up! I hope you two enjoyed your trip to Italy, it looked like you did a lot of relaxing.

We did nothing else BUT relax (and eat). And today, which was the first day back to work I had to call in sick with a massive headache. But at least it gave me time to read and catch up a bit later in the day. ;)

Hi Everyone!

We're midway through the week, I'm not giving you the "24 hours before I post the next update warning" yet, but I just wanted to make sure everyone had the chance to get in on the Contest. Some of you may have missed the questions as there was a lot of information in that last update. I'm posting them again here and I'm going to give you all a little hint. No one yet has gotten the answer correct to question #3 where are we dining, so here's a little hint. And another, this meme is not insight into #4. Feel free to change your answers even if you've already posted, you can change all the way up until the next update is posted. Maybe this weekend.

So here are the questions again for those who may have missed! (@jedijill @Paula Sedley-Burke @Flossbolna @IowaTater @mvf-m11c @ACDSNY )

1. In the last update I showed you one large donut and four small donuts. How many total Large donuts did we actually buy? (10 points)

2. What drink did I order in the last update? (10 points)

3. You should gather from the fact that the valets hailed us a cab, we are not eating on Universal property. I don’t remember if I spilled the beans on this one somewhere beforehand, but Veteran TR readers may have an advantage on this one. Where did we have dinner? Hint: It’s a chain restaurant. Fran told me to add that it’s not Chili’s. (10 points)

4. We almost always order the exact same things when dining at this establishment. What did we add to our repertoire this trip and plan to get it again as long as it on the menu? (25 points)

5. Did I sleep through the night? If not, what time did I awaken at night? Either way what time did I decide I was done sleeping? (5 points, 10-20 depending on your answer)

6. We went to Disney on this day. How long did we wait for our first bus to Epcot? (10 points)

Yeah, the only ride that doesn't use them that comes to mind it carousel in Seussland and Cat in the hat. :rolleyes1 Although I would hope the Jurassic Park ride didn't.
JP doesn't. Honestly, there are maybe 6 or 8 rides that don't really rely on the screens, but aside from Flight of the Hippogriff and Rip Ride Rockit, they're all older attractions and they seem to be making a habit of replacing those rides with new ones that do. And I'm still afraid they'll add some of those elements to Hulk when it re-opens. I know they've made some announcements about what it will entail, but I'm convinced they're still holding something back.

I didn't mean any offense, I just saw so many kids wildly waving their wands as if no one was anywhere near them.

Oh no offense taken!---sorry my tone didn't come through. I will insert a belated :flower3: here. All good.

:scared1::scared1::faint: 5 pages?!

Gah! I'll have to come back over the weekend and catch up. Visiting family, while fun, doesn't make for very good DISTime. Hope you are well, Alison! Miss everyone here.

We did nothing else BUT relax (and eat). And today, which was the first day back to work I had to call in sick with a massive headache. But at least it gave me time to read and catch up a bit later in the day. ;)

I need to get over to your threads....but the question is which one to comment on! :lmao:

JP doesn't. Honestly, there are maybe 6 or 8 rides that don't really rely on the screens, but aside from Flight of the Hippogriff and Rip Ride Rockit, they're all older attractions and they seem to be making a habit of replacing those rides with new ones that do. And I'm still afraid they'll add some of those elements to Hulk when it re-opens. I know they've made some announcements about what it will entail, but I'm convinced they're still holding something back.

I have a feeling that screens are OK with most young people since they spend all their time engrossed in them. I'm not saying that I don't check my phone and I do spend a lot of time on the computer, but I like to think that still I enjoy more than just screen based entertainment. Universal is putting a lot of eggs in one basket with all the "screen-based" entertainment. I hope your Hulk coaster comes back with something exciting that doesn't involve a screen.

Oh no offense taken!---sorry my tone didn't come through. I will insert a belated :flower3: here. All good.

I wasn't sure, I kind of heard a bit of "sarcasm" in there, but we haven't met IRL so I still don't know you quite so well. :teeth: Looking forward to that time!

:scared1::scared1::faint: 5 pages?!

Gah! I'll have to come back over the weekend and catch up. Visiting family, while fun, doesn't make for very good DISTime. Hope you are well, Alison! Miss everyone here.

OK, you are one of the folks that I'm hoping will play along in the Contest, so I'll wait until you can catch up. I have plenty to report on the "Sharing" TR since DCA had it's F&W Festival. Plus I'm finding it much harder to deal with pictures and putting together future posts when I have two cameras, and Jim and Alberto had four cameras between them.

Also I lost my Photoshop 12 install disk, so I had to order Photoshop 14 for my new computer. That arrives tomorrow and I need it for the post after the next since there is information in some of J&A's pictures that shouldn't be posted on a public forum.

As far as being well....Fran has a Colonoscopy tomorrow. Not fun. I get a repeat performance for myself in two weeks! Yay! Other than that, things are fine.

1. 2 one each
2. Not sure but first one you questioned if it came in a souvernir glass... Mai Tai?
3. Jake America
4 steak
5 . You never sleep well on vacation
6. 10 mins.

Plus I'm finding it much harder to deal with pictures and putting together future posts when I have two cameras, and Jim and Alberto had four cameras between them.

Good luck with all the pictures! In my experience, it is vital to ensure that all cameras that will provide pictures are set to the exact same time. This enables pictures to be sorted according to the time they were taken. Of course this tip is too late now!

Hi Everyone!

We're midway through the week, I'm not giving you the "24 hours before I post the next update warning" yet, but I just wanted to make sure everyone had the chance to get in on the Contest. Some of you may have missed the questions as there was a lot of information in that last update. I'm posting them again here and I'm going to give you all a little hint. No one yet has gotten the answer correct to question #3 where are we dining, so here's a little hint. And another, this meme is not insight into #4. Feel free to change your answers even if you've already posted, you can change all the way up until the next update is posted. Maybe this weekend.

So here are the questions again for those who may have missed! (@jedijill @Paula Sedley-Burke @Flossbolna @IowaTater @mvf-m11c @ACDSNY )

1. In the last update I showed you one large donut and four small donuts. How many total Large donuts did we actually buy? (10 points)

3. You should gather from the fact that the valets hailed us a cab, we are not eating on Universal property. I don’t remember if I spilled the beans on this one somewhere beforehand, but Veteran TR readers may have an advantage on this one. Where did we have dinner? Hint: It’s a chain restaurant. Fran told me to add that it’s not Chili’s. (10 points)

4. We almost always order the exact same things when dining at this establishment. What did we add to our repertoire this trip and plan to get it again as long as it on the menu? (25 points)

5. Did I sleep through the night? If not, what time did I awaken at night? Either way what time did I decide I was done sleeping? (5 points, 10-20 depending on your answer)

6. We went to Disney on this day. How long did we wait for our first bus to Epcot? (10 points)
1. 2
2. Mai Tai
3. Delmonico’s Italian Steak House
4. Pork Chops
5. No, 3am, 5am
6. 7 minutes

All right, I'll change my guess for #3 to Del Frisco's steakhouse, and for #4 you got a Wagyu beef prime ribeye.

1. 2 one each
2. Not sure but first one you questioned if it came in a souvernir glass... Mai Tai?
3. Jake America
4 steak
5 . You never sleep well on vacation
6. 10 mins.

Recorded.

Good luck with all the pictures! In my experience, it is vital to ensure that all cameras that will provide pictures are set to the exact same time. This enables pictures to be sorted according to the time they were taken. Of course this tip is too late now!

I can see where that would be helpful, but then on some of my trips I go back to a spot from earlier in the TR for pictures and work them in. Plus I want to keep my photos separate from Jim's only because his interpretation and view of the world is often different than mine. Plus he takes a LOT of video!

Another guess for #3 Outback and maybe shrimp for #4

Recorded.

1. 2
2. Mai Tai
3. Delmonico’s Italian Steak House
4. Pork Chops
5. No, 3am, 5am
6. 7 minutes

Recorded.

All right, I'll change my guess for #3 to Del Frisco's steakhouse, and for #4 you got a Wagyu beef prime ribeye.

Recorded.

I finally found your TR, thanks to your hints on ponzi's TR! I was wondering why I never saw any of yours, and then realized they were hidden on the DVC board, lol. I'm just at the end of the first page, so have a little catching up to do. Thanks for all the background story! Your friends look like a lot of fun.

But, I do have to say, it was weird to see crab rangoon, potstickers and spring rolls as dim sum! I just think of those as appetizers, and never see them when we actually go for dim sum! (Which is sadly not very often - Chinatown isn't terribly convenient for brunch most of the time.)

Whoops - I think the things I wanted to comment on are scattered throughout the 5 pages, so I'm just going to comment without quotes!

Well, we skipped the wands at Universal, so they didn't get us! It helped that the kids have done MagiQuest at the Dells before, and also that they had just done Sorcerers earlier in the week. It was also incredibly crowded when we were there (Spring Break), so we didn't get to spend much time in the HP areas - mainly in the morning, and then in the evening after the crowds died down. Plus, dd wanted to save her spending money for other stuff!

Moaning Myrtle was fun. We were glad we got to hear her!

Motion screens were annoying. I think bi-focals make it worse. But, none of the water rides had them!

You got one to share, in addition to the 4 small ones.

It looks like a passion fruit frozen colada, so I'll go with that.

Outback?

Steak and shrimp; with Great Barrier Trio

NO, awake at 3:45, done at 5:45

17 minutes

As far as being well....Fran has a Colonoscopy tomorrow. Not fun. I get a repeat performance for myself in two weeks! Yay! Other than that, things are fine.

UGH!! I think I'll stay 49 forever.

OK, you are one of the folks that I'm hoping will play along in the Contest, so I'll wait until you can catch up.

And play I shall. I suck at these. Big time. But there ya have it.

I finally found your TR, thanks to your hints on ponzi's TR! I was wondering why I never saw any of yours, and then realized they were hidden on the DVC board, lol. I'm just at the end of the first page, so have a little catching up to do. Thanks for all the background story! Your friends look like a lot of fun.

:welcome:

You reminded me to update my signature with a link to the TR!

But, I do have to say, it was weird to see crab rangoon, potstickers and spring rolls as dim sum! I just think of those as appetizers, and never see them when we actually go for dim sum! (Which is sadly not very often - Chinatown isn't terribly convenient for brunch most of the time.)

Well, I have actually never been for Dim Sum, it's still on my bucket list. I said we ate "Dim Sum style" because everything came in those little bamboo buckets. Had they come out on actual plates it would have seemed more like "just appetizers".

Whoops - I think the things I wanted to comment on are scattered throughout the 5 pages, so I'm just going to comment without quotes!

That is a problem when youre a little late to the party!

Well, we skipped the wands at Universal, so they didn't get us! It helped that the kids have done MagiQuest at the Dells before, and also that they had just done Sorcerers earlier in the week. It was also incredibly crowded when we were there (Spring Break), so we didn't get to spend much time in the HP areas - mainly in the morning, and then in the evening after the crowds died down. Plus, dd wanted to save her spending money for other stuff!

Never thought of going back in the evening. :scratchin

Moaning Myrtle was fun. We were glad we got to hear her!

I thought it was a cute touch!

Motion screens were annoying. I think bi-focals make it worse. But, none of the water rides had them!

Never thought of that. I have bi-focals. Maybe if I took my glasses off it wouldn't be so bad. But wait, in 2008 I didn't even have glasses and the Simpsons ride still made me queasy.

You got one to share, in addition to the 4 small ones.

It looks like a passion fruit frozen colada, so I'll go with that.

Outback?

Steak and shrimp; with Great Barrier Trio

NO, awake at 3:45, done at 5:45

17 minutes

Recorded.

UGH!! I think I'll stay 49 forever.

:rotfl2: If only that were possible!

And play I shall. I suck at these. Big time. But there ya have it.

Thanks for being a good sport!

OK folks! Here it is--your 24 hour plus warning!

I can tell you that the next update will not be in the next 24 hours, and it is highly unlikely that it will be in the next 36 hours. But before my head hits the pillow Sunday evening, I hope to have the next update published.

Anyone who is friends on FB will be able to follow along with the debauchery that will occur tomorrow!

:stir: :drinking1 [URL=http://www.sherv.net/][/URL]

Well, I have actually never been for Dim Sum, it's still on my bucket list. I said we ate "Dim Sum style" because everything came in those little bamboo buckets. Had they come out on actual plates it would have seemed more like "just appetizers".

The buckets definitely did make them look like Dim Sum! It was just weird since I've never seen them at an actual Dim Sum place. Well, maybe the potstickers. There are usually a bunch of different variations on dumplings. It's best to go with someone who is familiar with the choices, especially your first time. Although, my first time was with my family, in Toronto, completely at random. There was lots of pointing at carts, and just picking whatever looked good. We had no clue what we were getting into, since there weren't any prices. When my Dad finally got the bill, his reaction was, We should've ordered more!

Never thought of going back in the evening. :scratchin

That was the biggest tip I got from my pre-trip research on the Universal Disboard forum. We definitely needed it, too.

Never thought of that. I have bi-focals. Maybe if I took my glasses off it wouldn't be so bad. But wait, in 2008 I didn't even have glasses and the Simpsons ride still made me queasy.

I probably still wouldn't have liked it - but I think the bifocals made it even worse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter