We Won a Castle Night!

I got a little misty here reading your post...I'm such a sap! I'm so happy for you and your family, what a fantastic experience.

On July 9 we won and stayed at the Castle! :cool1:

Who we are: Myself, my wife celebrating her birthday on the 10th, my daughter, 14 and my son 9

How my son won:

We rode thunder mountain railroad on the 9th at around 10:30am As we walked down the ramp to the loading area I noticed a dream team on the other side of ride, the opposite loading area. I wispered to my wife "theres a dream team, too bad we are on the wrong side", I didnt want the kids to here and get their hopes dashed. We got on and rode tmrr, and as we re-entered the loading area I saw the dream team and wondered how they got on our side (I did not know that the trains switch sides). My wife and I were sitting together with the kids behind us, son and dtr. One member of the DT, Dorothy walked past my wife and I and I figured they would approach the familyl behind ours, as I stepped off the train I looked back for our kids and saw Dorothy stop Joe, my nine year old, he looked a little weired out, and she asked him what grade he was in and if anyone in his immediate family worked for disney, he answered "4th and no", at this time Dorothy asked all of us to follow her as we might have won somthing. We had no idea what this ment, I was hoping for fast passes and afraind of a vacation club membership due to tax issues, well we when outside with the DT and they showed us a video with a portable player, the video told us we won a night in the castle:banana:

What comes with the night in the castle:
the stay in the castle, the room was beautiful, I'll try to post pics tonite. We lead the afternoon parade in a covered car, rode with daisey, and watched the remainder of the parade in a vip viewing area at the fire house, we were given dinner at Cindarella's royal table concierge guide through the park that evening, which got us to the front of each line for each ride we rode on, vip viewing area for spectro magic parade, and breakfast at the crystal palace the next morning.

Little extras to this extra special experience:

When ever anyone said they were thirsty, espcially Joey, water or soda would meet us some where, when joey said he wanted ice cream at spectromagic, micky bars appeared. The most wonderful thing of all for my wife and I happened with my son and Dorothy, he apparently mentioned to her that he wanted a pluto hat, we had talked to him about this and said it could be one of his suvies, after we got to the viewing area for the parade, dorothy gave Joey a disney bag, inside was a pluto hat, he was so excited, it was wonderful to see, and I actually got a little teary, it was just such a nice thing for her to do for him

The wierd:
It was very wierd to cut the lines with our concierge Steve all evening. On the rides it wasnt too bad since lots of folks had fast passes, but when my son wanted to get some character signitures, we cut around the back of the character line at mickey's toon town and stepped in fornt of folks at the head of a very long line, we all felt kinda bad about that but Disney's explination was that the time they took from our vacation with the paper work and parade participation was time away from our vacation and they wanted to make up for it by dong away with lines that evening.

The amazing, on Sunday the 13th, at Animal Kingdom gettiing off primevil whirl, we won dream fast passes!, pretty cool huh!

That is soooo awesome, congratulations!!

Awesome! Cannot wait to see your photos! We saw the dream team award the Castle and got a photo with my son but we weren't close enough at the right time.

How exciting! What a great memory for your family. I look forward to your pictures.

Wow that's totally amazing :goofy: That is certainly something that NONE of you will ever forget! CONGRATS...

Can't wait to see the pix!

By the way....so you had to pack all your bags at your hotel and then go to the castle and then re-pack to go back to your hotel??

Melanie

Congratulations- How exciting! I dreamed about winning that last year, but no such luck!

How incredible! Your are so blessed. Good things happen to good people you know. You got to do something most people won't ever get to do. I'm hoping for a little pixie dust when I go down in Sept but even if I don't win a thing, just being there is good enough for me. Disney is great at making magic aren't they?:goodvibes

OMG that is Great. We were there on the 9th too in MK celebrating my Bday.
But our first ride was Jungle Cruise. What time did this happen? Congratulations.

Sorry just seen the time 10:30 and we were on Jungle Cruise at that time. Sad for us but Great for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter