Weather

TexasTSL

Mouseketeer
How is the weather right now? We arrive Saturday and the forecast is calling for 80 percent chance of rain all week. That's got me worried! Is the rain usually scattered or continuous?

Weather in Florida is unpredictable and a forecast a day in advance can change the day of. I wouldn't worry too much, in Florida during the summer there always a chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Sometimes they are quick and sometimes they can last the whole afternoon. There were a few storms in the Atlantic I don't think will form into hurricanes, but they might bring a lot of rain depending where it goes. Just bring a poncho and try and ride outdoor rides in the morning.

Lots of threads about the weather here, you'll see lots of info.

Long story short...it's summer...it's Florida...todays weather is completely irrelevant to Saturdays' weather...t-storms happen very frequently...then again you may not see them...storms rarely last all day.

I think you've nailed it! You just gotta go & have fun, maybe have a contingency of how you'll kill time during a downpour.

Well, we were there just last week... Downpours were for splashing in puddles, with my 12 year old niece singing "I'm Singing in the Rain" at the top of her lungs... We got soaked twice, both times trapped on 7DMT. First time it was funny, second time - those raindrops sting when you're moving!

We arrive Friday
I don't bother to look
I mean, I'm not changing my trip. Are you? Looking at weather does no good. It is what it is. You poncho up and go. Or in our case we grab our umbrellas and go.
It's FL. It's gonna rain somewhere at some point everyday but it's not gonna rain everywhere all day everyday

Here now. It's hotter and more humid than I recall from past Augusts (we come late August every year). But maybe it's just me.

I haven't seen any day with a prediction of 80% chance of rain, but we assume it might rain every afternoon. It's only rained maybe two or three days since we got here 6 days ago. And not for long either time.

I wouldn't worry about the rain. It's the heat index - the "real feel." It's been over 110 real feel degrees most days we've been here.

Check the weather forecast the night before or morning of - and even then expect the unexpected.

It could rain in Fantasyland and not in Adventureland.

Its all part of the of the beauty that is A WDW vacation.

Just pop a poncho in your bag and party on! :banana:

DW's and I little secret is to pack as much as 10 pair of shoes. A pair when it's sunny, a pair when a little rain is expected, a pair for heavy rain, a pair for the pool… you get the idea.

Nobody can control weather but AT LEAST we can pick the right shoes.
As other posters pointed out, you're going to WDW and you're going to enjoy it no matter the weather! Sit back, relax, and don't forget you can always buy more shoes at Disney Springs! (I know well: we'll have 11 pair of shoes on our journey home :rotfl:)

DW's and I little secret is to pack as much as 10 pair of shoes. A pair when it's sunny, a pair when a little rain is expected, a pair for heavy rain, a pair for the pool… you get the idea.

Nobody can control weather but AT LEAST we can pick the right shoes.
As other posters pointed out, you're going to WDW and you're going to enjoy it no matter the weather! Sit back, relax, and don't forget you can always buy more shoes at Disney Springs! (I know well: we'll have 11 pair of shoes on our journey home :rotfl:)
Just curious: do you have any shoes from the Sanuk store in Disney Springs? I'm interested in that place, I hear they have great shoes :) I want to check it out!

Just curious: do you have any shoes from the Sanuk store in Disney Springs? I'm interested in that place, I hear they have great shoes :) I want to check it out!

Sorry I won't be able to help you on this, I went to the Columbia Store! They had a very nice sale, I got sandals at $30 that were selling $60 on their web store.

Oh no problem Cwis!
Just thought I would check into it, I've heard good things about Sanuk. THANKS!

I hope you are all right but we just arrived here at the YC. Weather is humid but nice otherwise. I watched the weather channel on the way down and they are predicting ALOT of rain for the next 5 days. Looks like all day rains due to some storm M92? Something like that

UGHHHHH....don't even want to think about that now~~~we arrive on Sunday! Hopefully the weather will be ok...I am alright with some rain, I just don't want all day rain, blechhhhh.

we'll be there Thursday, always go the last week in august. It will most definitely rain and show a chance of rain everyday. never stopped us before

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter