Weight loss for Wishers and becoming Leaner Meaners!

Steffwalks

Team Hakuna Matata
The old thread was getting just too long and too hard to upload and download. So, on Lisa's suggestion, I took the initiative to start a new thread.

I don't know where the helpful hints are that Debra categorized for us, but perhaps she will pop in to give us some help with that.

Personally, weeks of steroids, inactivity, and pain have not left me skinnier. They left me in a condition much like the trash bag.....Hefty, Hefty, Hefty! It's official as much as I didn't want to believe it, but I have gained 8 lbs since the very first Z-pack. :sad2: But great things will be happening soon!

Howard....I missed it. What happened to you? And btw, I feel your pain!

Beth, good to see you, I am right there with you girl! Let's get rid of this stuff!!!

Everyone, please come back! I NEED YOU!!!

Love - Connie

Connie, you rock sweet pea and of course we are here with you!! :love: Can't desert my cybertwin and future partner in crime!!! :laughing:

I am on the better eating and less calorie wagon as soon as the HM is over. I have 5 pounds to drop before ToT in 23 days and I am determined to get this done. Over the weekend I discovered that my DD13 weighs the same as my SIL and they were both very proud to tell everyone that I was 4 pounds heavier then them. Well no more. I have a plan in place sitting and waiting for me to be done this half marathon and then I am at it with a vengence.

Everyone should read Dave's blog today about being an athlete. It is well worth the read!!! Thanks again Dave! :flower3:

Everyone else, hop on the wagon with Connie and I, we need someone to drive cuz if she is as much like me as they say....well there could be some sharp corners ahead so we should probably not take them like Richard Petty!!! :scared1: Who's with us??? :listen:

Oooh a new thread! So I'm going to sneak in since I mostly lurked on the previous one :blush:

My PT suggested that we skip our training session this week so that I could rest after the 1/2. I have to say that I'm really missing that workout and it didn't help that I had two big dinners earlier this week. I think in the months leading up to the 1/2 in January I want to add in one more training session a week or try boxing. I usually see someone else doing a boxing workout when I'm working out and it looks really fun. Anyway, I have to keep on with my weight loss - did I mention I put myself down for a 'S' shirt in January. :rotfl: That was before I realized how running shirts fit.

Lisa - I think I'll run alongside the wagon - I need the workout this week!

I'm on the wagon! I am on a mission to drop at least 6 pounds before TOT!

Lisa GL with the Half! Some pixiedust: for super fast legs! I am hoping to do a New England race next fall.

Connie, Vicky :wave:

:wave2: Hi, everyone!

Vicky! Welcome out of lurk mode!

Connie and Lisa, I'm still in the boot for the most part -- and like Connie, I am paying a hefty price for my enforced inactivity. It's very frustrating -- I tried to get faster and instead I got sidelined by an injury. My PT reminded me today though that even prefessional athletes with expensive trainers and stellar nutrition programs -- you know, the ones who are supposed to be doing everything RIGHT?!?!?!? -- even those folks get injured. She says we just have to deal with it and come up with a plan to avoid this injury in the future. I see my race season slipping away and it is so hard not to get really bummed. But you can't rush healing -- you can only help it along by doing what you're told (strengthening, stretching, icing) and waiting for those good results.

I've got to get back on the fish and veggie wagon, too, as well as cope with the injury. It is not a good idea to create more of a problem for myself with unhealthy weight gain.

Thanks for restarting the thread, Connie.

Don't worry.......I'll drive!!! :cool1: I am motivated now!!!! My short term goal is 5 pounds at a time (per month would be great!). My total weight loss (hopefully) should be 20-25 pounds.

I am starting off with losing 4 pounds since my doctor's appointment last week. I am happy with that.

So, the wagon is filling up...........I'm driving!

Beth

Hi Everyone!

I really need to be on the healthy eating wagon! Does this wagon have seatbelts (or maybe something stronger in my case :eek: )? I have a tendency to jump off this particular wagon. I really have to work on my will-power and motivation.

I've been doing well with exercise, just not with eating. I'm running my very first race ( a 1/2 marathon) in 10 days! :scared1:

Hi Everyone,

I'm in. I need to lose the 5 lbs I gained this summer as well as the 1 lb I found in September. My marathon is in 17 days so I'm only going to concentrate on eating healthy until then, after that I'll be looking to cut calories and starting some more cross training.

Connie: Thanks for getting us a new fresh thread. I hope your shoulder is feeling better soon. Sorry about the weight gain, but I know you'll take care of it as soon as you're able to train.

Lisa: I'm with you on your goal. I would also like to be below 130. At 5'4" that doesn't seem too unreasonable, but I've not been at that weight since college, and even then I think it was only for a short time. I'm somewhat annoyed with myself since I was only 8 lbs away from that goal in June, but now I'm facing 14 lbs. Not insurmountable, but substantial.

Vicky: Welcome. You deserve a bit of a break after your race. Rest a few days so you don't get injured. Congrats on your finish.

Amy: Good luck with your mission.

Beth: Congratulations on the 4 lbs. Your 5 lb at a time approach is very reasonable. Thanks for driving the wagon.

Wendy: So sorry about your injury. I'm sure you are very bummed about missing out on your races. Take the time now to get better and you'll enjoy all your future races even more. Good luck.

Julie: Good luck with your race. Just remind yourself that you really need to fuel your body well for your race. Even if you eat too much, if it's healthy eating you know you'll benefit in your race.

I've started reading The Beck Diet Solution and one of the suggestions is to write down all the reasons why you want to lose weight and read these every day. It's a good reminder of why you are doing this. One of my reasons is that it will be more fun to go shopping. I'm going to concentrate on that one to help with my motivation. A nice new dress to wear to a Christmas party could help inspire me.

Have a great day everyone.
Cindy

OK, I'll jump in every once in awhile to check you all out.

DOing good with exercise, Lost 15 lbs in the last 9 wks, this week has been pretty tough so we'll see.

Tracy

And I'm back! Need the encouragement and the more-than-occassional kick in the pants to stay on track. I have new outlook, new motivation and friends that are right along with me.

I finally got the yo-yo 3lbs to stay off so now need to ramp it up. Would also like to drop 4-5 lbs before ToT and another 10 before Jan. Not unattainable just have to really put my all into it.

Just checking in and subscribing to the new thread!

Wendy: I forgot to tell you how great you looked with the new weight loss!
Way to go, girl! I wanna be in one-derland too!

Way to go on the weight loss everyone. Keep it up.

I received my Crossing the Line medal frame yesterday. It came with an extra Disneyland Half and Coast to Coast medals. I had to insert my own Donald, Mickey, and Goofy.

Very nice, a bit pricey, but hey I'm only planning on getting one. Hmmm, unless there's left over funds after the 2009 & 2010 Coast to Coast challenges.

I'm glad we have LOTS of wall space.

A new thread! WOW!

Wendy and Connie..:hug: for your injuries!!!

A big ol :wave: to everyone else!

I'm still trying to hop on the wagon!!!

This weekend I am doing a 5K and then testing to get my National Water Fitness Association so I can teach Water classes. Yay! I hope to have a good schedule in place by Jan/Feb at a new Fitness Center we joined (they don't open until Jan) so I can teach a few times a week.

If I don't have a chance to make it back tomorrow... Have a great weekend everyone!

Stacie

I struggled with my 8 miler today. No legs, no lung capacity. Got it done, that's all that counts.

I didn't quite recuperate from my blood donation on Monday. Likely low red blood cell count, or lower iron count. My pace was off, and was low on energy despite taking Shot blocks.

Oh well, #98 donation in the books for Hawaii. Something like 20 back in California.

LOST was filming at the Waikiki Yacht Club, just down the sidewalk from where I start and end my runs. The film crew was parked all over the place, so I talked to one of the guys. He said they were filming a car scene in the parking lot, and with all the yachts in the background.

Happy Aloha Friday everyone.

Oh, one more thing. A new half and full marathon is slated for September 6, 2009 on Kauai. Here's the link:

http://thekauaimarathon.com/site9.aspx

Aloha Jeff, hanging out with the super stars... You have got the life, bro (or should I say "brudda" like they did on Hawaii 5-0? you're probably too young to remember that -- I'm sure it was terrible sterotyping)!

Jeanne - Thanks for the compliment! I gotta get back on track. I've slipped out of one-derland. :scared1: Today I get to go without the boot for a few hours! Hooray! I feel like it's been years since I trained. But I'm still planning on our 20-on-the-20th long walk/run in December. Hope you're still planning on me! I am officially out of the City of Oaks -- so my next possible marathon is OBX in November. My PT says if I attempted the hilly City of Oaks, I might put myself out of commision for another month, which would put my Goofy races in jeopardy. (And they are very important to me.)

Everyone else -- :flower3:

Hi all! I'm still here, so move on over and make some room on the wagon!
Howard...Wow, those 3 miles in the 7mpm range!
Mike...sorry that you're sidelined for two weeks, but your body needs the break. Take care.
Lisa....Good luck this weekend.:banana:
Beth....:cheer2: for the weight loss.
Connie....feel better
Vicky....:welcome: out of lurker mode.
Cindy....the suggestion from The Beck Diet Solution to write down reasons for losing weight was really helpful to me.
Amy, Wendy, Jeff, Vic, Julie, Tracy,Julie, Stacie and Liz.....:wave:
Debra and Maria......come back, we miss you!

I'm been holding strong to my 6lb loss and I'm hoping for another 5 this month. My workouts have been really consistent and I'm making the time even when it seems that I don't have the time. DS2 placed his hand on the hot burner of the stove yesterday...I spent yesterday cuddling and loving on him. We go back to the Dr. today to take a look at the blisters.:sad1: Take care all!

Good morning!

Everyone thanks for jumping aboard! Lisa, WE DO need a driver!!!

Beth, thanks for volunteering! Gosh, there's no telling where we would be headed without you! Let's all hang on for dear life and weight, anyway, don't ya think??

Wendy - Been in a boot! Yuck. Glad you are getting to come out of it from time-to-time. When I messed up the ligamants in the same ankle later, I did some rehab and wore one of those lace up braces. Not a problem since. I am still practicing standing on one foot on a pillow!

Mike - Howard, sorry I got you mixed up! Too many names to put together and remember I guess. Howard great times as alwasys. Mike how did you hurt yourself. I missed it. I guess I was a little self absorbed.

VickiBunny! Welcome out of lurking! We are glad to hear your voice!

HI Cindy, I have missed you!

Jeanne, hey girl! Good to see you too!

Debra???

Vic is here!

Everyone writers and lurkers, welcome aboard!

I am off the couch!!! In more ways than one. If I can put a bra strap on that lovely left shoulder, I am going to hit the tready for some easy walking. Nothing strenuous, just a start. AND I am off the couch and on a bed!!!!! I had a wonderful nights sleep and life feels much better this morning!

I am so excited about training for the Goofy in 2010 and about coming along so quickly with this surgery (weaning from the sling in less than 4 weeks instead of the normal 6 to 8 weeks!) that I ordered a pair of running tights and a triathalon skirt! Yeeeeehaw!

Make a great day! - Connie

Hi Everyone,

Just want to say hi. I'm still concentrating on eating healthy foods. Just finished my fage and fruit. Good protein!!

Connie: Good luck with your workout. Do take it easy.

Tracey: So sorry about your son's burn. Hope he's feeling better. Nice job with keeping those 6 lbs off. Good luck with the next 5.

Wendy: Enjoy your respite from the boot. You'll get back to onederland soon.

Jeff: Sorry your run was so rough. Even a machine like you needs a break every now and again.

Stacie: Good luck with your 5K and water fitness test. Let us know how you did.

Tracy: Great job on your 15lbs lost. Keep up the good work.

Liz: Yea for the new outlook and motivation. Keep with it!!

Mike: Are you listening to your stupid doctor? Take it easy for a while and get better.

Hello to everyone else. I have to scoot now, I'm off for a massage!!!

Have a great day.
Cindy

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy weekend!

I'm off to go to Barnes and Nobles in Cary, NC for the Nicholas Sparks books signing and to pick up his new book!!!

Yippeee!!!!

Stacie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter