"Welcome to the Artic....Oops I mean Disneyland" complete

thelittlemermaid83

<font color=green>My reign will be a super-awesome
Monday 5th January 2009.

After waking up extremely early, my Dad picked us up and drove us to Ashford, we arrived just after 7 and check in went smoothly as usual.

The train journey was unexciting as usual, though i kept looking out the window and was wishing the snow would just go away.

NB: I apologise if i moan about the snow ALOT in this trip, i hate snow and sludge with a passion.

We arrived slightly later than usual about 12.45 and i headed to Disney Express where i was handed my tickets, VIP fastpass (that i never used) and HB vouchers.

20090108_1.jpg

I then took Kyra for a quick look around the park but then headed to Annettes.

20090108_2.jpg

Will add to the Annettes review later. All i can say is the food from Mcdonalds was a lot nicer.

It was nearly 3pm so we then went and checked in, had some drama at check in (which i have complained to Disney about) and then went to our room.

The room was lovely and the view was breathtaking, i really didnt expect to get a view where i could see the Earful Tower. I only asked for a garden view. We could also see the Disney Village through the trees aswell.

20090108_6.jpg

20090108_7.jpg

I then took Kyra down to the lobby to wait for the characters at 4pm where they danced and sung to Christmas music, I'm postive Tigger is the same Tigger ive seen there before he had the same moves and everything lol.

20090108_12.jpg

20090109_4.jpg

Snapped a pic of her and Tigger, the Minnie there was being a bit forceful with the kids she was only signing pics and having no photos so we decided to leave and go check out the park where we caught the end of the Parade.

20090109_5.jpg

The Alice Float was missing and there was also no parade stops and no characters walking in between the floats due to the horrible snowy weather.

20090108_16.jpg

20090109_7.jpg

20090109_9.jpg

Kyra was really excited to see Santa on the parade with all his Elves.

20090109_13.jpg

We then went on Its A Small World and had a look around the park and shops before heading back to the room to see if the the suitcase had arrived...it hadnt so a quick call to Consierge it was in our room 10mins later.

20090109_15.jpg

Off we went back to the park to watch Enchanted Candelabration only to see the characters were not making a apperance and they was only lighting the castle....it was still beautiful. It really made me fill up with tears.

In my opinion that our castle looks so much more prettier than any of the other Disney castles when lit up.

20090109_19.jpg

20090109_23.jpg

About 20mins after admiring the castle, it was announced Fantillusion was cancelled i was a bit miffed off but understood because of the weather and told Kyra that we will hopefully see it tomorrow (how more wrong could i of been lol)

20090109_25.jpg

We had a earlish night, well i ordered room service for a sum of 28Euros for a burger and chips as i was starving. It wasnt that nice to be honest but i did feel posh for ordering room service lol.

20090109_27.jpg

20090109_28.jpg

Tomorrow will Kyra be tall enough for Big Thunder Mountain?

yey the first installment!!!

i love that first pic krya looks thrilled to be there lol.

its a shame that things were called off but i guess the weather cant be helped

yey the first installment!!!

i love that first pic krya looks thrilled to be there lol.

its a shame that things were called off but i guess the weather cant be helped

I think God had it in for me and decided that he had to send snow as punishment for all my Disney trips :lmao:

Great first day Emma :thumbsup2

Shame about Fantillusion and the snow I know how you must have felt....I felt it too :rotfl2:

Mac and J enjoyed seeing piccies of their wee mate :lovestruc

Great first installment...you moan about the snow as much as you like, Im not a fan either lol!

My daughter bought the same bracelet as Kyra's on our last trip, I thought they were really reasonable....

Great first day Emma, what sort of dram did you have at the DLH check in??

Kyra looks lovely as always :lovestruc

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay day 1!!!

go ahead and moan hun - that snow did seem to cause a few probs for u disers that have just been....

and what probs at hotel did u have??? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr must have felt like everythin was again u then!!!

still - the look on kyras face - she looks so happy to be 'home' xxxxxxxxx

Great first day Emma, what sort of dram did you have at the DLH check in??

Kyra looks lovely as always :lovestruc

Loooooong story :lmao: But when i went downstairs to reception the next morning like i was told to the guy at reception didnt have a clue what i was talking about and tried to get me away from reception as fast as he could.

I had to bite my tongue or i could of been sleeping in the snow :lmao:

what did you think of the dlh so emma. was kyra really happy to stay there?

Great start. I'll read the rest when I come back.:goodvibes

what did you think of the dlh so emma. was kyra really happy to stay there?

Don't get me wrong it was nice and the rooms were lovely but there was still scrums for the characters in the morning and it was cold when walking down to the bar area.

I found the reception staff miserable and way too serious looking, i also waited 35mins to order a hot chocolate.

Kyra loved staying there and i would say that you have to at least stay there once but i think its a bit overpriced and overhyped.

This is JUST my opinion and if i upset all the DLH lovers im sorry lol.

I'm glad i stayed here though as popping back to the room to defrost every so often was a lifesaver.

But give me the Cheyenne or the Hotel New York anyday. HNY felt a lot more warmer and homely.

Lovely first day report, sorry to hear about cancellations and the like, love that last picture of Kyra fast asleep.

Great 1st day Emma... but you can't leave us in the lurch by not telling us what happened at the check-in? I love that picture of Tigger & Kyra :lovestruc

I love snow but only when I don't have to go walk or drive anywhere!

i hope when i have kids they are as beautiful as kyra she is soooo gorgoues and such a smily girl

you are very lucky

I think the park looks great in the snow, but like you would have been disappointed with some of the call offs :)

I wish there was snow when we were there... I an understand the disappointment, I'd have been the same...

Love the photo of Kyra sleeping, what an angel :hug:

I've never seen a not gorgeous photo of kyra - but the sleepy one is extra cute!!

You should put her in for modelling Em!! But be careful it's only for nice people! She would so gets jobs for next catalogue and stuff!

Great first day! I love your TRs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter