We'll always have (DLR)Paris!

My kids are major Nutella fans. They are carrying it at Costco. I stocked up. THey eat it on their waffles.

My kids are major Nutella fans. They are carrying it at Costco. I stocked up. THey eat it on their waffles.
I saw the two big jars in the twin pack. But since I'm the only one who eats it at my house, and I went back to Weight Watchers two weeks ago, that might not be my wisest purchase. I don't even have it in the house now, until I can gain a little control of my eating.

I don't tend to eat it so I have no problem having it in the house. I buy a bunch and put it away because Costco only carries it for a few months normally. I have three teenagers so the food goes fast.

I LOVE Nutella!! :love: It's great on toast or croissants, or if you're being really naughty, eaten straight out of the jar with Cadbury's chocolate fingers!!! (Not sure if you have those in the US of A? Shortbread fingers covered in milk chocolate.) DD loves Nutella too so she will be happy to see it when we're there...

I LOVE Nutella!! :love: It's great on toast or croissants, or if you're being really naughty, eaten straight out of the jar with Cadbury's chocolate fingers!!! (Not sure if you have those in the US of A? Shortbread fingers covered in milk chocolate.) DD loves Nutella too so she will be happy to see it when we're there...

Alternatively, if you're being naughty, spread between two digestive biscuit, or just on the one for the ultimate chocolate digestive :D

Dwheatl - thanks for the fridging tip, I like!! And I'm glad I've found some fellow Nutella lovers who don't think I'm weird for eating in in various random/fun ways (my (now-ex :() housemates, boyfriend and parents could never understand it. Missing out bigtime...)

Welcome back to my trip report, sponsored by Nutella!

When we got back to the park after our break, we had croques aux champignons (like a grilled cheese and creamy mushroom sandwich) at Victoria’s Home-Style Cooking on Main Street, and it was one of the best things we ate on the trip. We tried to get the sandwich with a green salad, but they were out of salad. I can’t imagine that happening at DL in CA. It’s probably better that they were out, because the meal also included dessert, and we were each going to get a Mickey-head brioche, sort of like a donut. We had eaten one at Au Chalet de la Marionette, and it had been wonderful, but we really did not need two this night. The music in the restaurant was instrumental American folk music, and I noticed that many of the songs were hymns. It reminded me of my grandparents.

Next we went to Discoveryland, and I got a brioche there. It was just before the cart was closing up, and it was stale. I ended up throwing it away. We checked to see if Space Mountain was open, but it was still closed. We tried for Autopia; also closed. They were closing Fantasyland for the fireworks, so we couldn’t go there. We had had enough of Discoveryland, so we decided to go to Frontierland and ride Big Thunder Mountain.

To get to Frontierland from Discoveryland, you have to cross Main Street. At this point, Main Street was packed for the parade and fireworks. We did not want to see the parade again, but it looked like we were going to be trapped. I’m not above ducking under a rope and making a mad dash, but DH was in the wheelchair this night, and we could barely move anywhere in the crowd. One British man told us we should go to the parade-viewing area for wheelchairs, and I growled that we didn’t want to see the parade. He made some comment that we should have thought of that before, and I was tempted to say that I didn’t realize they were going to close down half the flipping park.

I remembered that there was a crossing point at the area we had watched the parade from before, so we inched our way up to Edison St. and finally made it across.

There was no crowd at Big Thunder, so we pretty much walked right on with two men who also came in through the handicapped entrance. One of the men had Down’s Syndrome, and he was very open about how excited he was to ride. They put us in the last row, and the two men right in front of us, so the four of us had the best seats on the ride. We all whooped and hollered and had a blast on the “wildest ride in the wilderness.”

When we got off Big Thunder, it was about half an hour before the fireworks, so we headed out in search of a viewing spot. Main Street was wall-to-wall people, so we found a spot near the fort, looking through the trees towards the castle.

People kept climbing over a low fence and through the bushes in front of us so they could watch the fireworks. One young CM’s job was to chase them out with his flashlight. He was very good-natured, and it made the time pass quickly to watch him straighten out all these folks who thought they’d come up with the perfect fireworks-watching spot that nobody else had found.

The Bastille Day fireworks were beautiful, and accompanied by traditional French songs like La Vie En Rose to celebrate the holiday. When the show was over, we waited a few minutes to let the throngs die down. On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at McDonald’s in Disney Village to get a McFlurry, but it seemed like everyone else had the same idea. The line was out the door. We skipped the McFlurry and went back to the hotel and had a chocolat viennois (hot chocolate with whipped cream) in the Captain’s Quarter’s bar. They were also playing traditional French music for the holiday. It was a lovely end to our last evening in DLRP (But don't quit reading yet! We still have most of the following day in the parks.)

After our hot cocoa, it was time for bed.

I've just read through this whole TR, its brilliant, i've loved it!! Am so glad you included photos and details of your whole trip and not just DLP!

I once sat through a Latin Mass at the Brompton Oratory when my husband was there to have a RCIA meeting with one of the priests - I liked it but really had no clue as to when to stand etc although I wasn't too far off in general, it was neat but I wouldn't want to do it again in a hurry!

Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

lost my internet for 2 weeks But i am back on board and loving it all ...I love the sleeping dragon and stained glass maleficent She is my favorite villan ..
staying on board can't wait for more...

On our last day, we packed up all of our luggage after breakfast and took it down to luggage check to have it sent over to the train station. We had paid 10 Euros to do this, but when we got to luggage check, we found out we couldn’t leave DH’s laptop there, so we ended up walking over to the station to drop it off anyway. I guess it was still worth it not to have to drag our other bags over, too.

By the time we got our luggage squared away, it was time for the Walt Disney Studios to open, so that’s where we began our day. We started with the tram tour, and since we’ve done Catastrophe Canyon at Disney Hollywood Studios, we were underwhelmed by the experience. We also weren’t too excited by the Moteurs, Action stunt show, which we had missed at WDW because of bad weather.

We loved the Tower of Terror, though. I guess most of the riders had not been on any of the TOTs before, because they screamed amazingly loudly, like they were really surprised that the elevator dropped. We enjoyed Animagique, a puppet show with Donald Duck that was similar to Voyage of the Little Mermaid at DHS. We wish we had something like this in CA. We loved Cinamagique, too. It’s a really cute film with Martin Short and Julie Delpy, the woman who wrote and starred in “2 Days in Paris.” They travel through several old films, sort of the way Forrest Gump travels through history. It was very charming.
We waited in a long line, like 1 ½ to 2 hours, to ride Crush’s Coaster. The cars look like turtle shells and spin forwards and backwards while zipping around the coaster tracks. At the last minute, as we were getting into the front of the car, some little brat ran ahead, pushed DH, and jumped in the front. This meant DH had to haul :eeyore: to get in while the ride was moving, which is not something he can do comfortably. I hate when parents do not control their children. :mad: Once we finally got on, it was a great ride, though. Here’s what the loading area looks like :
PICT0053.jpg
PICT0052.jpg

The High School Musical show seemed to follow us all over the park, but we never stopped to watch it. Now that we are semi-empty nesters, I rarely see anything from the Disney Channel, and aside from the old classics, the shows don’t hold too much interest for me.
We had seen all we wanted to see of the Studios by early afternoon, so we went back into Disneyland one more time. We revisited a few of our favorites, did some shopping for the kids, and found a Mickey Mouse tank top for DD and some Scrooge McDuck socks for DS, something we’ve never seen in CA. Scrooge is DS’s favorite character, and you almost never see him in CA. At DLRP, DH was waiting for me outside the ladies room, and he was accosted by Scrooge. DS was so jealous when we told him.

To finish the day, we just sat on a bench on Main Street for about half an hour and watched people go by. We were too exhausted to do another thing, but we couldn’t bring ourselves to leave the park.

At 6, we walked over to the train station, got our luggage, and boarded the Eurostar. We were in 2nd class this time, so no meal to pass the time. We went back to the London hotel we had been staying in before, grabbed a bite to eat, and went to bed. Our room was on the bottom floor, close to the noisy street and a door that slammed several times before we got to sleep. Since we were both exhausted, we managed to sleep through the night anyway.

In the morning, a town car came to take us to the airport, where we picked up some Cadbury’s chocolates for the folks at home. On the flight, we had a young Indo-British boy sitting next to us in the window seat. His family was in first class, but left him with us. He was very sweet, but kept his window shut most of the way. Why take the window seat, then?
The inflight movie system was not working for most of the flight, and I had not brought a book on board, since I thought I would be able to veg out with a movie. I really thought I would go nuts some of the time, trapped with nothing to do. Some people got very irate with the flight attendants. I don’t know why. It’s not like they could control the movie system. I did convince the boy next to me to open the window a few times, so I got to see a little of Greenland, Iceland, Canada, Montana, and finally, San Francisco. DD picked us up at the airport and whisked us home.
That’s the end of our trip, unless you count the week after, where my sleep cycle was all out of whack, between the time difference and going off of caffeine. Maybe I’ll use that as my excuse for taking so long to finish this report. That’s my story, and I’m sticking with it!
Thanks for stcking with it!:flower3:

Here are a few more pictures I forgot to throw in.

PICT0034.jpg
The Studios entrance.

PICT0035.jpg
The stunt show stage.

PICT0036.jpg
A pointillism painting of the Statue of Liberty.

PICT0023.jpg
The Cheshire Cat.

PICT0019.jpg
Prince John - one of my favorite characters.

OK. I think I'm really done now. Goodnight!

I loved it. And I would love to go. When the kids are grown, that is where we are going. DH wants to show me Germany so we will do both. Yes, that sounds like a plan. Thank you for sharing.

I have to add thank you for the picture of Prince John, I love him.

Great TR, thanks so much for sharing :goodvibes

Who on earth flies first class and leaves their children in another section of the plane???!!!!! Or have I misunderstood something?! :confused3

Great TR, thanks so much for sharing :goodvibes

Who on earth flies first class and leaves their children in another section of the plane???!!!!! Or have I misunderstood something?! :confused3
You got it right. He was about ten or eleven years old (DH and I are teachers, so we're pretty good on estimating age). I know that's no baby, but still for such a long flight, it seemed wrong somehow.

I have to add thank you for the picture of Prince John, I love him.
When DS was little, he sucked his thumb, and when he saw Robin Hood, he loved Prince John and his thumb-sucking. In the Electrical Parade, Prince John plays a calliope, and now DS is a musician, mostly playing the keyboard. Coincidence? I think not!

I know you will love DLRP when you get to go. It's like going through the looking glass.:ccat:

Danielle awsome TR!!! I can't believe parents could do that. There is no way I would let Anthony fly cross country alone while we sat in first class. I would at least make Mike sit with him :teeth: Thanks for taking the time to do this tr it was a lot of fun reading it! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter