We'll Be Doing Whatever Snow Does in Summer- Trip Report

Looks like a fun time at the pools and splash pad! Good call on doing that to combat the hot day grumpiness!

What a nice nice, fun and relaxing way to spend the evening. It's great to enjoy the resort amenities and not just be a park park commando. That's one of the best parts of DVC!

Catching up. Have not been to Crystal Palace in years. Love Eeyore!! How neat to see the same waiter again. Yay for Magical Moments!!

Pool looked refreshing.

That's cool you could see fireworks from your hotel room.Your night time snack looked yummy!

:jumping1:

What a nice nice, fun and relaxing way to spend the evening. It's great to enjoy the resort amenities and not just be a park park commando. That's one of the best parts of DVC!

It absolutely is a great way to enjoy the resort. The kids, Braden in particular, would have been so happy to just relax and never visit the parks. I hate how I always feel the need to cram so much in. I have vowed that next trip we are going to do much more relaxing and enjoying and much less park time. We have DVC so we will be back and for now I need to slow the pace of our vacations down for everyone's sanity! I would also like to do more things in Orlando that aren't just Disney.

Catching up. Have not been to Crystal Palace in years. Love Eeyore!! How neat to see the same waiter again. Yay for Magical Moments!!

Pool looked refreshing.

That's cool you could see fireworks from your hotel room.Your night time snack looked yummy!

:jumping1:

It was an awesome experience at Crystal Palace and BLT is the best. That room was so amazing. I wish I could just stay there all the time- like book that room specifically each trip. I loved it so much. The pool area at BLT is fantastic and I never found the so called lack of "theme" at BLT to be an issue and I am a VWL junkie.

It absolutely is a great way to enjoy the resort. The kids, Braden in particular, would have been so happy to just relax and never visit the parks. I hate how I always feel the need to cram so much in. I have vowed that next trip we are going to do much more relaxing and enjoying and much less park time. We have DVC so we will be back and for now I need to slow the pace of our vacations down for everyone's sanity! I would also like to do more things in Orlando that aren't just Disney.

We really try to keep a balance like that too. Often we don't make it to the pool since it's so tough for my DP to get around. There are a lot of times when I just go on my own. She needs a lot of nap time, so I try to use that to either enjoy the spa tub, make us a nice meal or that's when I get a lot of my updating on the TRs done. One we get home it's so hard to find time to do it that often the down time on the trip gives me time. I can see where traveling with kids and people other than a SO that needs a lot of rest, there would be so much more to do.

Looks like a fun time at the pools and splash pad! Good call on doing that to combat the hot day grumpiness!

Mr. Grumpy would have been most happy to stay in the elevators and pool the whole trip and never visit a park. He still talks about BLT all the time- not so much Walt Disney World but BLT specifically. He is something that one..............

We really try to keep a balance like that too. Often we don't make it to the pool since it's so tough for my DP to get around. There are a lot of times when I just go on my own. She needs a lot of nap time, so I try to use that to either enjoy the spa tub, make us a nice meal or that's when I get a lot of my updating on the TRs done. One we get home it's so hard to find time to do it that often the down time on the trip gives me time. I can see where traveling with kids and people other than a SO that needs a lot of rest, there would be so much more to do.

Travel with kids now is so different than even just a few years ago before the kids were born and I was single. Sometimes I long for the freedom of those days- not that I would ever give up the memories with my kids but man vacation is a lot of work now. I guess I will have that again when I am an empty nester and then all I will want is my tiny kids back again. :guilty: You and Fran seem to always balance everything nicely and you know what works for you. As long as you get to do what you need and enjoy I don't think there is a wrong way to do WDW! Vacation should be relaxing and I need to remember that and not plan so much.

LOVE your trip report!!! Can't wait to read more! BLT is our favorite, too!!!!! Absolutely Disney and magical!!!

LOVE your trip report!!! Can't wait to read more! BLT is our favorite, too!!!!! Absolutely Disney and magical!!!

Thank you! So glad you have joined! I have been MIA for a few weeks but am hoping to get another update up today or tomorrow.

Better late than never! So excited I found your trip! Envious you got BLT, we've never been but it's my top choice but since our 1st trip will be in June of 2016 we found someone to rent points from for BC. I love finding another teaching who enjoys snow days but we have had wait to many in the frozen tundra here and going to school in June to make them up is no longer worth the free day off lol:) can't wait to keep reading with 4 kiddos we may be doing a lot of similar dining experiences.

Better late than never! So excited I found your trip! Envious you got BLT, we've never been but it's my top choice but since our 1st trip will be in June of 2016 we found someone to rent points from for BC. I love finding another teaching who enjoys snow days but we have had wait to many in the frozen tundra here and going to school in June to make them up is no longer worth the free day off lol:) can't wait to keep reading with 4 kiddos we may be doing a lot of similar dining experiences.

So glad you are joining in and hopefully it will be helpful to you. I am very over winter- the last two days we hit the 40's and I swear everyone was acting like it was summer. My Kindergarten class got to go outside 3 days in a row for recess! That hasn't happened since like October. Winter be gone!

Day Three
Not Making the Opening Show

We awoke around 7:30 and were already running behind for our planned Magic Kingdom park opening day. After finally getting everyone ready we headed to the Contemporary and boarded the monorail.

Hey guess what? It was hot already and Adi cracked out her fan.

We made it to the MK and took this oh so lovely family photo. Seriously it makes me laugh.

But these are cuter...........

We caught a little of the trolley show as we made our way into the air conditioning and up main street.

Our first stop was Fantasyland where we went to It's a Small World- this is always a hit with our family!

She loved it!

Something New

After It's a Small World we moved over to the New Fantasyland. This was everyone's first time seeing the new area and we were excited. Unfortunately it was so hot and it was hard to take in all the scenery. Our first stop was Journey of the Little Mermaid. I was really excited for this because it was a whole new experience for all of us and it is always neat to see something for the first time.

We had Fastpass+ and we basically made it on in no time.

This is one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen. He looks like a little gangster man!

I rode with Avery which was really neat because she was fascinated the entire time. It was a special moment for me!

This is Avery waving to the characters- so sweet it made my heart hurt!

After the ride we decided to test out Gaston's Tavern and have a snack. I was excited to try LeFou's Brew and then we also got Chips and Hummus and Lemonade to share. The brew was everything I thought it would be- I loved it!

Avery enjoyed it too!

The little snack was actually very tasty too.

The break was very refreshing and we liked Gaston's a lot.

Next we had a Fastpass+ to make it to and I was REALLY excited for this one at.............

Taryn and Adi skipped this one but Avery the brave wanted to go. She rode with Mamoo and laughed the whole time. Since we had the Fastpass + we were through the line super, super fast and the whole thing was over in a minutes. The boys loved it and it ended up being their favorite ride of the trip- well Braden had two favorites :) This was the only picture I got- it was over that fast.

We met back up with Taryn and Adi at Pooh Corner and were off through Main Street's air conditioning to make our lunch ADR at Kona!

Lunch at Kona

We left Magic Kingdom and took the monorail over to the Polynesian for our 12:00 ADR at Kona. We got checked in and had to wait a few minutes so we relaxed over by Ohana.

The kids who weren't grouchy posed for some photos. Please notice Braden is not in the photos.

Thank goodness Owen was a good sport about pictures!

We were seated quickly and the restaurant was not busy at all. I totally see why everyone recommends getitng a lunch reservation at a MK resort on MK days as it is so relaxing and the opposite of the park's crowed lunch rush.

For an appetizer we shared the Grilled Beef Satay. It was very good.

We loved the atmosphere and the service was very good. They brought crayons and things and Braden was actually in an ok mood while he colored with Mamoo.

Mamoo got the Polynesian Plate with Pan Fried Chicken. It came with pasta salad and sticky rice. She said it was very good.

I got the Island Chicken Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries. It was delicious!

[URL=http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/hbryden/media/Disney%20Day%203%20Part%201A/IMG_1713.jpg.html][/URL]

Taryn got the Polynesian Plate with Grilled Teriyaki Steak with Pineapple Salsa. She loved hers too!

The kids got hot dogs and ice cream for dessert.

For dessert the adults split the Kilauea Tart- it was fabulous.

I would highly recommend Kona! Everyone loved it and it was such a perfect change of pace from the Magic Kingdom. The food and service were great and I want to try breakfast and dinner there too.

After lunch we went downstairs to the Bowtiki and shopped. The girls both "needed" something to sleep with so we ended up buying two Boo dolls from Monster's Inc. They were so adorable. We also bought a set of the plastic/rubber Cars toys for bath and room toys. Since those three items cost a small fortune Mamoo also got herself one of the WDW backpacks you could buy with purchase. We had fun shopping and it was great experience at the Polynesian. We headed back up to the monorail and then off to BLT to relax.

All caught up

bummer you missed opening show, but it did look incredibly hot there.

Can't wait to try the Mine Train ride. Looks fun

Lunch looks good at Kona Cafe. Only eaten breakfast there, will have to try lunch or dinner one day

Joining in on the fun and loving your report so far. The kids are adorable and I just love your Mom!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!

Kona lunch looks really good. It's so hard to get a lot done when it is hot and humid. All you want to do is go in air conditioned spaces and not move!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter