"WE'RE AT MINI DISNEY!" Our First Visit to Disney's Hilton Head Resort UPDATEx2 10/31

Great report! Thanks for sharing- I know so much more about HHI now! :rotfl: It seems like an amazing place to visit! :goodvibes I can't wait to hear about your fall WDW trip.... OHHH, and ummm maybe something called YOUR DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM INTERNSHIP??!! ;) I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sad it's over, but glad you had a great time!

Thank you!

Great report! Thanks for sharing- I know so much more about HHI now! :rotfl: It seems like an amazing place to visit! :goodvibes I can't wait to hear about your fall WDW trip.... OHHH, and ummm maybe something called YOUR DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM INTERNSHIP??!! ;) I can't wait to hear all about it!

Thank you! I'm glad that you learned a lot - that was the goal! it really is! And ahh lots of fun stuff coming up! Thank you!

Yet another great TR by Jess! I learned so much about Hilton Head, I barely knew anything about it before! It looks amazing, but I'm with you, I prefer the go-go-go feeling of Disney World. But I definitely want to experience it someday anyway.

Great TR! I just read it straight through. It's definitely a different kind of vacation than Disney. It seems like the kind of place my dad would like as well because it's a lot more relaxing. But it would definitely be a great compromise to have all those Disney touches! What a great relaxing vacation to have with Preston though! Love all the Mickey waffles you've had and ALL the food pictures, YUM! I love food pics even if they're not from Disney.

Never apologise for shopping too much. Everything you got was super cute, and with sales like that...well...who could resist?
That last dress from Macys is stunning! Looks perfect on you.

I guess it's either a northern thing or a crazy person thing to eat honey with sweet potato fries.
Wow that is crazy! I can't even imagine what that would be like, super curious to try it now.

Thanks for sharing this with us Jess!
You gave us such a good look at the Hilton Head and it was another fab trip report :goodvibes

Yet another great TR by Jess! I learned so much about Hilton Head, I barely knew anything about it before! It looks amazing, but I'm with you, I prefer the go-go-go feeling of Disney World. But I definitely want to experience it someday anyway.

Thanks Lia! I'm glad that I was able to share my experience with you guys so you could learn about it! Yeah, to each his own when it comes to vacations. But I still enjoyed myself nonetheless! :thumbsup2

Great TR! I just read it straight through. It's definitely a different kind of vacation than Disney. It seems like the kind of place my dad would like as well because it's a lot more relaxing. But it would definitely be a great compromise to have all those Disney touches! What a great relaxing vacation to have with Preston though! Love all the Mickey waffles you've had and ALL the food pictures, YUM! I love food pics even if they're not from Disney.

Thank you! Yes definitely, it was nice and relaxing but still had the Disney touches that we all love! It was AWESOME to have Preston come with us. And aww thanks! I agree - food is good!

Never apologise for shopping too much. Everything you got was super cute, and with sales like that...well...who could resist?
That last dress from Macys is stunning! Looks perfect on you.

Wow that is crazy! I can't even imagine what that would be like, super curious to try it now.

Thanks for sharing this with us Jess!
You gave us such a good look at the Hilton Head and it was another fab trip report :goodvibes

Hahaha thank you for understanding about my shopping obsession! :)
Thank you!

You're so welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it!​

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed the TR. I was watching Sonic commercials for so long before they finally opened one in my area. When it was new, the lines of cars backed up the highways and people would wait on line for hours! Once that finally died down I tried it and it really was good. Funny enough, I hardly ever see the commercials anymore!

I just had to comment and say what a great trip report. I felt like I was right there with you and now I so want to go to HH! I learned so much and since it is closer than WDW maybe we can use our points there sometime soon. I really enjoy your reports.

Omgoshhhhh I never knew this little miniature Disney heavens existed!!! SO fantastic wow!! XDD I love following your family around and TRUST I would go crazy shopping too LOL You and Preston are precious and cute!! Congrats on another fantastic family vacation!!

Skybabyy said:
Omgoshhhhh I never knew this little miniature Disney heavens existed!!! SO fantastic wow!! XDD I love following your family around and TRUST I would go crazy shopping too LOL You and Preston are precious and cute!! Congrats on another fantastic family vacation!!

This was an excellent TR. I enjoyed every word.

Thank you for this awesome trip report!!! I was index idled on whether or not HHI was Disney enough for my taste... You settled my anxiety! I plan to defiantly head there this summer! Your blog was fun and quirky and I look forward to more of your trip reports!!!

Jess,

I have been following your Disney College Program Trip Report and read through the entire thing (and all your other reports too :bitelip:) and I just LOVE them! I was looking through the DVC pages (because my family owns a DVC Membership) and stumbled upon this trip report. I opened it up and I was like OMGSH!!! This is one of Jess' trip reports!?!?! But this one isn't in your signature as a link, so I had no idea you did one on Disney's Hilton Head Resort. I just loved it!! This is honestly my FAVORITE place to go, besides Disney World of course. We have gone so many times over the years I can't even remember the count. Last time we were there was in August of 2011 (so i missed your family by 1 year :( ) That was the trip when I got engaged at Hilton Head :hyper: Ahh I was so excited!

I know this was your first trip to DHHIR, and I'm really glad you liked it!

Here are my comments from reading the HHI Trip Report:
Ok, first off, your haul from The Disney Store was AMAZING :rotfl2:!!! I was laughing so hard seeing you and those massive store bags with all the Disney goodness in them!

You mentioned that you went pin trading at the front desk every day. We did the SAME thing, I honestly went there soo much. We also stopped by the Rec desk each day. They had a bulletin board with pins on it. It was awesome! I really didn't get back into pin trading again until like a year ago. We first started collecting pins back when they came out in 2000!!! CRAZY! I have some like really old ones that my parents bought me just to collect and we didn't really trade them back then, but NOW I love it soo much!

I love that awesome sign right behind the campfire pit pointing to all the other DVC resorts!! It just makes it feel so homey and slightly connected to everything else at the same time! I have always loved seeing that sign and it's cool because I have gotten to see them add rungs to it throughout the years as they add more resorts (GRAND FLORIDIAN NEXT!)

:rotfl: HAHAHA OMG!! I loved the "HIBISCUS PHOTO SHOOT" I was literally laughing so much because every time I am there, we somehow have a "HIBISCUS PHOTO SHOOT" and I look back at pics and theres like 4000 pics of the flowers. EVERY TIME!! haha

Ok, on that giant pier, there are ALWAYS those really lanky white birds. Last trip, they got soo close to us and were TOTALLY cool with it. They must be used to the guests by now. We have some pretty hilarious pics of me and my fiance trying to "poke" the bird!

Glad you got to rent bikes. We always rented bikes and then we would ride over the to beach house on our bikes! It's kind of a long trip, but it's just so nice there and the weather is awesome, and the trails over are mostly shaded. Most of the time we would ride over with my dad and my mom would meet us there with the van (and all of our stuff :drive:)

I loved that you got that experience with the CM calling your room to tell you about the Haunted Mansion pin!!! That is the one thing that I absolutely love about DHHIR is the CM to Guest interaction! There are only a few CMs there compared to WDW, and each time we went it seemed like the REC department CMs really interacted with the guests the most. The CMs there are more like family!!! We became friends with different CMs every trip and even went back and saw the same CMs from trips we had met them on before. Last time we were there, my fiance proposed to me on the first night of our trip, so we got to be newly-engaged for the whole trip. I think my little brother (11 at the time) told a few of the CMs at the gift shop that we got engaged and honestly once that happened, the ENTIRE resort knew. It was hilarious. Everywhere we went people somehow knew we were the couple that got engaged and the CMs congratulated us and asked to see my ring and asked about us. It was so funny! I just thought it was hilarious that it was just like a little small town. One thing happens and suddenly EVERYONE knows.

Finally, if you go back again you DEF have to go to Coligny Square and Harbour Town. There's tons of shopping at both (some stuff is kinda touristy) but it's just so fun to walk around and see lots of different things around there. Harbour Town has a big red striped lighthouse and a beach area and is a great place to watch the sunset! It's just amazing.

I really LOVED this trip report! I felt like I found a little hidden gem from Jess (after reading all your WDW TRs). Thanks!!!!!

PS: This is me while reading and scrolling through all the reports popcorn:: LOVE IT!

-Christene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter