"WE'RE AT MINI DISNEY!" Our First Visit to Disney's Hilton Head Resort UPDATEx2 10/31

Your dolphin tour sounds like a lot of fun! That's so odd that the dolphins don't swim out into the ocean at all... maybe they're scared!

Mmmm... Mickey bars! It has been WAY too long since I've had one of those.

Maybe the redheaded girl was someone from here? I really have no idea, but I also feel super awkward when stuff like that happens.

It was! I know, there was some story/reason why they didn't but I don't remember.

I know... me too!

That's what I was thinking! Who knows. It was a really frumpy moment. :laughing:

Oh my GOSH the dolphins! I love them too. I really want to go to Discovery Cove sometime so we can do the swim with dolphins thing, but you know how leaving Disney property scares me! LOL.

Preston's first Mickey bar... what a monumental moment!!!! I'm pretty sure I only had ONE Mickey Bar on our last trip which is a huge decline from the amount I normally eat which is about 52.

Ahh food that comes in a sand pail. Too cute.

Sorry you weren't feeling well and Preston had to leave. :( So sad! But the food at that restaurant had to cheer you up! Oh man, that looks delicious! AND THE FART SHOES GIRL OH MY GOD. LOL. That is too awkward. I bet she knew you from the DIS or something. That is sooooo frumpy.

I know, right!? I'll have to do that someday when I move to Disney. I swam with the Dolphins when I was little and it was pretty much the best experience ever. I want to do it again!

I know!! I'm so glad I documented it! Haha aww I know - I didn't even have one last trip!

Precious.

I know... but yay for food! And LOL right thought!?!? I wonder if she did. I wanted to go up and ask her where she knew me from but it was too frumpy - even more me. :p

Your dolphin cruise seems very nice! That’s too bad though that you didn’t see a ton of them.

HOW COULD BE UNSATISFIED BY A MICKEY BAR?! That makes zero sense.

Your food at the Skull Creek Boathouse looks awesome! Noms.

It was! I was satisfied :)

Hahaha right!?

It was SO good.

That dolphin cruise looks like so much fun! Sorry to hear though you weren't feeling that good before, Jess. Love the pictures of the Dolphins and you and Preston! Equally adorable :) So jealous of all those pins you got. Totally need some princess pins to put on my lanyard. ;) Love the Mickey and Minnie pin, btw!

Mmmmm... all that food looks so good! LOOOOOVVVEEE sweet potato fries. And you totally can't go wrong with chicken fingers. :thumbsup2 to the green pail and the Mickey bars! :-) So glad to hear Preston enjoyed those (Again, C-RAAAAZY PEOPLE don't like Mickey bars). A shame you had to enjoy them so quickly though :/ Great picture of the hawk! And so sad to hear you and Preston were separated on this day. Like I said before, you guys look so precious together (Yes, I've said it... again!)

That slide looks like so much fun! I love those mini slides at resorts. :thumbsup2 to bike riding too! A shame you can never do that at home, but at least you got to ride around a bit this time. :D Mmmmm, the food at Skull Creek Boathouse looks really good. Disney definitely picked a good location for HHI with all these nice surrounding restaurants. I could totally go for that grouper your brother got, looks and sounds delicious! LOL @ the use of Hooplah (<3 Spongebob) And the Creme Brulee looks good too. Always nice to know about non-Disney restaurants.

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

It was so fun! I enjoyed it! And ahhh I love pins. :love:

Food is perfect! And aw thanks! I'm glad you think Preston and I are cute together :goodvibes

We had a lot of fun! Disney did pick a fantastic location!!

Thank you!

The Dolphin tour looks so much fun! All of your trip reports make me want to go even to Disney even more.

I lol'd at the fart shoes part. I would've totally asked her.

The Dolphin tour looks so much fun! All of your trip reports make me want to go even to Disney even more.

I lol'd at the fart shoes part. I would've totally asked her.

It was really fun! And haha in that case, it's probably a good thing I got accepted for concierge so I can convince people to want to go to things at Disney :laughing: Thanks!

I know... I was so tempted but it would have been really awkward if I went up to her giant table that had like 12 people at it. :rotfl:

Update #14: A Relaxing Morning in Hilton Head
August 21st, 2012

This morning we had a fishing trip scheduled, however due to the weather not looking so good, we postponed it. Mom was not feeling good at all and we were all really tired, so I went back to sleep until 11 am.

I finally got out of bed and I made Jonathan get up too. We walked over to the pool area and waited for Dad to get out of the nature walk at 12. We went to the gift shop and rec center and front desk to check out the pin selection. I did a little bit of trading.

Once Dad finished, we decided to go over to the beach house! Mom stayed back because she was feeling really sick. We drove over to the beach and went to get lunch at the other Disney quick service - Signals!

dsc0469zj.jpg

I really wanted that kids grilled cheese because I saw it the other day and it looked FANTASTIC. So that’s what I had and it lived up to my expectations. NOM NOM. The only thing is that I got really crappy fries. They were all like the nubby little ends. I don’t know if it’s because it was a kids meal or whatever. Thankfully I had some from Dad and Jonathan.

dsc0470rs.jpg

Jon got the turkey melt and he ate the entire thing! AND LOOK AT THOSE FRIES. Dang, they were good.

dsc0472yj.jpg

Dad got some chicken fingers and I had one. They were YUMMY!

dsc0471xk.jpg

Everything tasted delicious and we were all quite satisfied! Then we went down to the beach and laid there for a while. It was a bit overcast, sadly. The tide was up really high today as opposed to the first day we were there.

We laid out for a little while but I ended up getting really bored/anxious/antsy so I decided I wanted to go back to the resort.

Jonathan came with me but Dad wanted to stay at the beach for a little while longer. So we said goodbye and went to take the shuttle home. We used the phone to call the driver and he was like “I’ll be there in 68 seconds!” He was just SO nice – such a great cast member. I believe it was the same guy from the other day. He chatted with us the whole way back and it really made for a pleasant little ride.

We got back to the resort and Jonathan and I went to the gift shop. He got a golf shirt and I got the most ADORABLE Hilton Head shirt with Mickey and Shadow on the back. I loved it!

dsc0491cy.jpg

I put it on right away!

img4311ms.jpg

I also got a WDW Cinderella’s Castle pin that I’ve had my eye on for years! I’m glad I finally just bought it.

dsc0493yy.jpg

I had to take some updated pin collection pictures:

dsc0489kw.jpg

dsc0490vj.jpg

We got back to the room and Dad was back. Then me and him went for a nice long bike ride. Hilton Head is seriously the BEST place to go bike riding. There are paths everywhere! We took the Shelter Cove route and we rode for such a long time! It was really refreshing and it felt great to go all around the area.

We got back to the hotel, I took a shower, got ready, and then we went to dinner! We took some pictures while we looked all nice:

dsc0494m.jpg

dsc0495n.jpg

dsc0496mh.jpg

img4314df.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Update #15: Dinner at Little Venice
August 21st, 2012

The restaurant of the night was within walking distance in Shelter Cove! Here's another picture of the harbor:

dsc0497ot.jpg

Dad and Jonathan!

dsc0498k.jpg

Tonight we dined at Little Venice. It was cute inside and our waiter was very pleasant.

dsc0500xg.jpg

The bread they gave us was hot and fresh and DELICIOUS!

dsc0504hi.jpg

We also got garlic bread which was really yummy!

dsc0505nd.jpg

My parents got salads:

dsc0502sh.jpg

dsc0503y.jpg

For dinner I got pizza from the kid’s menu. It was GREAT. That was honestly the best meal any of us had. I loved it and that was just what I was in the mood for!

dsc0509n.jpg

Jonathan got chicken parm which was only okay. The chicken was really thin and it didn’t even come with a good amount of pasta.

dsc0508vw.jpg

Mom got the Spaghetti and Meatballs. She really liked it, but overall it was pretty plain. I don’t think it was worth paying that much for it. The portion was kind of small. The good news is that the meatballs were in the shape of a mickey!

dsc0506vh.jpg

Dad got the grouper. He ate it all so I think he liked it, but he wasn’t raving about the meal or anything.

dsc0507o.jpg

We thought this place was okay, but it wasn’t really the best place in Hilton Head. It was expensive too, but thankfully we got a 20% early bird discount. (even though we were there at like 5:30 or 6 pm which didn’t even seem early!) We skipped out on dessert and headed back to the room.

Hibiscus flower alert - SO BEAUTIFUL. AGAIN!

dsc0510dv.jpg

dsc0511a.jpg

Dad went to get Mom some medicine at the drug store and me and Mom went to the gift shop to return our movies. We also got Preston’s family some coffee to thank them for letting me stay with them, as well as another Rice Krispie for Preston because he loved his so much.

I also traded for a Tink pin with the CM! She was so adorable and she chatted with us for a good while. She told us how she and her husband moved down there. Even though she’s retired, working at HHI is a great little job to have. They’re really flexible with hours and she really enjoys working there!

I also found a hidden mickey in the gift shop!

dsc0514w.jpg

We left and went over to the main desk to look at the pin book again. I found a phone booth pin and a Pocahontas pin! Major score! There were so many more pins in that book than this morning!!

dsc0527f.jpg

We chatted with the CM working the front desk and she was ADORABLE! She was from Minnesota and she just moved down to HHI about 4 weeks ago. Her stepsister works at the resort's recreation department. She saw how happy she was, so she got a job there too! She loves it in HHI and she loves the Disney company. She thinks that customer service is extremely important and she’s so glad she’s in a place like this!

Talking to her just made me so happy. I told her I wanted to work for Disney and she gave me the disneycareers website so I could go look on it. What a peach.

We took some photos on our way back to the room:

dsc0518c.jpg

dsc0519y.jpg

The sky was INCREDIBLE!

dsc0521z.jpg

dsc0523pr.jpg

We walked back to the room, Dad and Jonathan were playing horseshoes so they came back up, and then we played the last 7 rounds of Scattergories! It wasn’t quite as fun as the other night because we were all tired, but it was enjoyable!

Once we finished, Dad and I went for a walk on the pier around Shelter Cove.

Dad wanted to get his picture taken sitting in this tree, so we made it happen:

dsc0528tf.jpg

There were SO MANY COCKROACHES on the pier. It was absolutely disgusting. Dad kept squishing them with his shoe.

We just talked about life, jobs, college, vacations, and other stuff. I love my Dad so much, and spending time with him like that is always wonderful. He’s such a great guy and I feel so blessed to have such a level headed and loving man as my father. My parents are amazing people. ♥

We got back to the room and just relaxed. I did some disboarding and went to sleep.

Continued in Next Post

What great updates!! I love it. That dolphin tour sounds so perfect! Dolphins are amazing!!

HHI seems like such a fantastic place to bike ride too! I'm so glad you did that! Perfection!

Surf & Turf is one of my favorite meals too! That looked sooooo good, especially since you started off with crab legs. That is like my dream meal. Delicious!!

It's so great that you have such a good relationship with your parents! I love that!

Hey giiiiirl! Just wanted you to know that I'm still reading along and enjoying your updates! Hilton Head seems so great! :beach:

Such a great update. I love hearing about the time you spend with your dad... Dads are pretty cool to have around!

GAH those fries look AMAZING! Omg I can't wait for DISNEY FOOD!!!! 7 MORE DAYS!

I love that shirt. The whole Shadow thing is so precious.

That Cinderella Castle pin is SO NICE. Omg. I'm so excited. I got all my pins out today, I'm trying to decide which ones I wanna trade and which I wanna keep. I'm too attached to most of them LOL. After doing some research I found out that a few of the ones I did wanna trade are pretty valuable, which I didn't even realize. Ahhh decisions, decisions.

All these pictures are SO beautiful... I swear I MUST go to HHI someday hopefully soon! We have family in North Carolina, and we're always trying to come up with a place besides Myrtle Beach to meet up at and vacation together... HHI seems practically perfect for that. I would love to rent points there and have a big family get together!

I can't believe that about all the cockroaches though! Oh my gosh. Ew. Better on the pier than in your room or something though. AHH.

What great updates!! I love it. That dolphin tour sounds so perfect! Dolphins are amazing!!

HHI seems like such a fantastic place to bike ride too! I'm so glad you did that! Perfection!

Surf & Turf is one of my favorite meals too! That looked sooooo good, especially since you started off with crab legs. That is like my dream meal. Delicious!!

It's so great that you have such a good relationship with your parents! I love that!

Thank you!! It was such a great experience, I'm glad we got to do that!
It definitely was! There was so many places to go! I loved it.
It was INCREDIBLE. Seriously... dream meal defined. :love:
Me too :goodvibes

Hey giiiiirl! Just wanted you to know that I'm still reading along and enjoying your updates! Hilton Head seems so great! :beach:

Hey Marissa! :) Thank you - I have been doing the same thing with your TR! Sorry for the lack of comments. But I am reading, I promise! HHI was so wonderful - I'm glad I can share the trip report with you guys!

Such a great update. I love hearing about the time you spend with your dad... Dads are pretty cool to have around!

Thanks! Aww I'm glad. I completely agree. I love my Dad so much!

GAH those fries look AMAZING! Omg I can't wait for DISNEY FOOD!!!! 7 MORE DAYS!

I love that shirt. The whole Shadow thing is so precious.

That Cinderella Castle pin is SO NICE. Omg. I'm so excited. I got all my pins out today, I'm trying to decide which ones I wanna trade and which I wanna keep. I'm too attached to most of them LOL. After doing some research I found out that a few of the ones I did wanna trade are pretty valuable, which I didn't even realize. Ahhh decisions, decisions.

All these pictures are SO beautiful... I swear I MUST go to HHI someday hopefully soon! We have family in North Carolina, and we're always trying to come up with a place besides Myrtle Beach to meet up at and vacation together... HHI seems practically perfect for that. I would love to rent points there and have a big family get together!

I can't believe that about all the cockroaches though! Oh my gosh. Ew. Better on the pier than in your room or something though. AHH.

DISNEY FOOD IS LIFE. I CAN'T EVEN WAIT FOR YOU TO GO!!!

Thank you! I know, I love it. Shadow is a really cool little hidden gem. :)

Oh my God, it's SO hard for me to decide what pins to trade. But once I put them in my pin binder, they don't come back out. So I just have to keep buying more. :laughing: I don't even want to count how many pins I own. :rolleyes: I can't wait to see which ones you end up trading for!

Well HHI seriously seems like the PERFECT place to go for that scenario! You guys would absolutely love it!

Yeah, they weren't on the resort property, thank god! (as far as I knew... haha) but it was pretty gross to see them!

Awesome updates! HHI looks really cute! And all that food...you're making me hungry!!

Last month in Disney when I was eating my Mickey bar, I found that little satisfactory thing on the wrapper...I thought the same thing! Just doesn't make sense!

Awesome updates! HHI looks really cute! And all that food...you're making me hungry!!

Last month in Disney when I was eating my Mickey bar, I found that little satisfactory thing on the wrapper...I thought the same thing! Just doesn't make sense!

Thank you! It really was. Haha I know, I make myself hungry when I write these updates!

I know, right!? Like I don't think it's possible for someone to be unsatisfied by those. They are way too perfect!

very surprised at all the new pins that they ahd from day to day there, most hotels on property dont seem to get that much of a variety from one day to the next at disney world.

you got some good pins this trip.
:thumbsup2

Sorry for intruding on the discussion. :blush: What website can you use to figure out if pins are valuable or not?

Uggghhh... can't believe I typed up a really nice response and YET AGAIN, DISBoards goes all "Submission Token Expiration Date" on me. BLEH! But I'll write another nice one anyways. Take that submission token!

What a great way to start a morning! I'm just loving this whole pail and shovel with kids meal that HHI has. I totally could live with that FOREVER! Even though I could totally go for the regular chicken fingers as well. YUM! :thumbsup2 to the shirt! Took me a second to register the fact that Mickey was with SHADOW not PLUTO. It's a bit sad to see Shadow take his place, but he seems cute enough. Disney really has some cool dogs all I gotta say! :laughing:

Loving the pins, btw especially the Flower pin! One of the best things about Bambi! If I somehow by some miracle of pixie dust I end up Disney during the spring, we might have to make a little trade there hehe Glad to hear your mom was feeling better enough for dinner that night! A shame it wasn't as great all around, but everything still looks delicious from this perspective. That's awesome you got to talk with the CM and she gave you the link to the disneycareers website, is that an exclusive website? But anyways, that's so great you got to hear what she thinks about working in Disney. Love CMs like that!

Oh HHI looks so pretty at night! Disney really knows where they put their resorts. Except for those cockroaches on the dock, Bleh! Nasty little buggers. So sweet though you and your dad got to have some father-daughter time! What a nice way to end a relaxing night :)

Aw such great updates Jess!!
And a MASSIVE congratulations to you for getting accepted into the CP!!!
Your passion is truly contagious and I know you will be one of those magical cast members that really makes peoples vacations special!!
You have a real gift for expressing your massive amounts of love for all things disney and I know without a doubt that you will do an incredible job :goodvibes

It just looks so pretty there, and super relaxing!!

I love how much they made shadow a part of the resort experience.
He seems like the sweetest doggy ever! So gorgeous!!
That shirt is too ridiculously cute!!!

How funny about that red head girl!
Some interesting characters on here, could definitely be a lurker.
Or just an overly friendly and excited red headed girl?
Who knows! :confused3

That is so sweet that you got to spend some quality father/daughter time together, even if it was invaded by cockroaches. ICK!

I love your castle pin! It's so pretty! You've gotten some pretty awesome pins on this trip!

That's a bummer that the entrees that your family picked weren't super great, but that pizza does look delicious!

I love how close you are with your family. It's so sweet! :flower3:

very surprised at all the new pins that they ahd from day to day there, most hotels on property dont seem to get that much of a variety from one day to the next at disney world.

you got some good pins this trip.
:thumbsup2

I know! I was constantly on the lookout, since there were only a couple places to go.
Thank you!

Uggghhh... can't believe I typed up a really nice response and YET AGAIN, DISBoards goes all "Submission Token Expiration Date" on me. BLEH! But I'll write another nice one anyways. Take that submission token!

What a great way to start a morning! I'm just loving this whole pail and shovel with kids meal that HHI has. I totally could live with that FOREVER! Even though I could totally go for the regular chicken fingers as well. YUM! :thumbsup2 to the shirt! Took me a second to register the fact that Mickey was with SHADOW not PLUTO. It's a bit sad to see Shadow take his place, but he seems cute enough. Disney really has some cool dogs all I gotta say! :laughing:

Loving the pins, btw especially the Flower pin! One of the best things about Bambi! If I somehow by some miracle of pixie dust I end up Disney during the spring, we might have to make a little trade there hehe Glad to hear your mom was feeling better enough for dinner that night! A shame it wasn't as great all around, but everything still looks delicious from this perspective. That's awesome you got to talk with the CM and she gave you the link to the disneycareers website, is that an exclusive website? But anyways, that's so great you got to hear what she thinks about working in Disney. Love CMs like that!

Oh HHI looks so pretty at night! Disney really knows where they put their resorts. Except for those cockroaches on the dock, Bleh! Nasty little buggers. So sweet though you and your dad got to have some father-daughter time! What a nice way to end a relaxing night :)

Aww I'm sorry!

I know it was cute! Yeah, I love Shadow! He's cute. He's not taking Pluto's place though!

Thank you! Yeah she was just sick that trip. It stunk :( Yeah thanks! Nope it's not exclusive! Anyone can apply.

It is! Yes, they do! Yeah at least they weren't in my room. Yeah we had a lovely little walk. :goodvibes

Aw such great updates Jess!!
And a MASSIVE congratulations to you for getting accepted into the CP!!!
Your passion is truly contagious and I know you will be one of those magical cast members that really makes peoples vacations special!!
You have a real gift for expressing your massive amounts of love for all things disney and I know without a doubt that you will do an incredible job :goodvibes

It just looks so pretty there, and super relaxing!!

I love how much they made shadow a part of the resort experience.
He seems like the sweetest doggy ever! So gorgeous!!
That shirt is too ridiculously cute!!!

How funny about that red head girl!
Some interesting characters on here, could definitely be a lurker.
Or just an overly friendly and excited red headed girl?
Who knows! :confused3

That is so sweet that you got to spend some quality father/daughter time together, even if it was invaded by cockroaches. ICK!

Thank you! I'm super, super excited! Those are such kind words - thanks so much! :)

It really is!

Thanks!

Haha I know! It definitely could have been. :laughing:

Thank you! Yeah that was gross. :lmao:

I love your castle pin! It's so pretty! You've gotten some pretty awesome pins on this trip!

That's a bummer that the entrees that your family picked weren't super great, but that pizza does look delicious!

I love how close you are with your family. It's so sweet! :flower3:

Thank you! Yes I did - I was very satisfied.

Yeah the pizza was yummy!

Aww thank you!

I thought this might be of some interest to you.
tumblr_mcfa3ijerf1qh5bybo1_500.jpg

OH MY GOD I HOPE THAT'S TRUE!

Update #16: Tie Dyeing, Shopping, and Eating!
August 22nd, 2012

This morning Dad and Jon were up and out playing golf by the time I was awake. So Mom and I went to go get Mickey waffles for breakfast. It had been two whole days since I had one and I needed some Mickey sugar in my bloodstream! Yummy, yum, yum.

dsc0530h.jpg

dsc0532jq.jpg

Then we decided to lay out by the pool! We went back to the room and got changed. From 10 – 12 am the sun was out and it was beautiful! Closer to 12 pm though, the clouds started taking over. Mehh. So we decided to pack it up and head back inside. I went down the water slide once to cool off – that thing is FUN!

Then we went back, I took a shower, and got ready for the second time that day.

img4332p.jpg

We made sandwiches for lunch. Mom was still feeling sick sadly so we were taking the day slow. She went to lay down and I started packing up some of my stuff. It was quite the project since I was packing up two trips worth of clothes!

After Mom got up, we headed down to the recreation area. We went up to the gift shop and I bought the princess pin that I had my eye on all week. It was so pretty and perfect!

Then at 2:30 pm we went down to the rental area and I made my Mickey Tie Dye! **VERY IMPORTANT** - if you want to do any of the recreation activities, make sure you sign up ahead of time! They do a head count, so you can’t just show up on a whim. Thankfully we signed up and got one of the last open spots for the day!

I got to pick out my shirt and then I learned how to make a Mickey!

They give you a white sheet of paper with a black outline of a Mickey head on it. You slip it in the shirt so you can see the shape through it. Then you take some chalk and trace the mickey shape. (the chalk washes off so it doesn't have to be perfect!) Then you take out the paper and then pinch the middle of the big circle. (only on the front layer of the shirt) Pull up the shirt and put a rubber band around the chalk line. Then do the same for the two little circles. Once your mickey is all done, then bunch the rest of the shirt however you want to!

I just kept my shirt in one big straight line, putting a rubber band every couple inches. You soak the shirt in salt water for 10-15 seconds before you add color. Then it’s time to dye!

I chose the colors green, blue, and navy and they looked AWESOME together! Make sure your three little mickey circles are the same color!

dsc0535y.jpg

I hoped it would come out good! We will have to see!

dsc0536pm.jpg

Here is my shirt - all tied and dyed!

dsc0539ff.jpg

Once we finished that, we brought my creation up to the room and headed to the outlet mall! We didn’t have a ton of time to shop today, but we wanted to get a couple of stores in!

Our first stop was Old Navy, which actually wasn’t even part of the outlet mall. We found 2 really cute shirts on clearance as well as an ADORABLE headband.

dsc0566gj.jpg

I was kind enough to take pictures of all of the clothes I bought because if I was reading someone's TR, I would want to see their purchases! Just don't judge me by the amount of stuff that I bought. :laughing:

We got some good deals already! Then we went to American Eagle because I always find great stuff there!

img4347d.jpg

I found two pairs of shorts (gray and blue) that were marked down a little, as well as some gray jeans/pants. But then we hit THE SALE RACK. Not only was everything marked down as usual, but they took off even MORE than what the tag said! I ended up getting 3 dresses for approximately $10 each. (if not less!) The black one in the top right corner was such an exciting find, because I saw it at our local mall but they didn’t have my size! However, they had it here and it was WAY cheaper! I also got that blue striped shirt for probably $4 or $5 dollars. And those 2 pairs of yoga pants? Yeah… one was FIVE DOLLARS and one was SEVEN. Like… how can you beat that!? I just don’t even know.

dsc0573aw.jpg

Then we went to Abercrombie and Fitch. I literally DO NOT shop at this store. You know that whole middle school phase where everyone started shopping there? Yeah, that never hit me. I just could not justify spending that kind of money on clothes! However, this outlet had SUCH better prices so I got some awesome stuff!

img4349w.jpg

I got that blue and white striped dress for like $19. That white dress was 50% off it’s original price! I don’t remember how much that sweatshirt was but it was SO comfortable!! The shorts were all REALLY cheap.. especially the sweatpants material ones/the pajama shorts. They were like $5. And the two pairs of pajama pants in the top corner? $5 EACH. YEAH. They usually cost $48.

dsc0574x.jpg

I absolutely couldn’t believe it! That was such a successful trip. We went back to the room and then decided we wanted to go to dinner. I was HUNGRY!

Jonathan stayed behind because he was sleeping, but Mom, Dad, and I went to Frankie Bone’s! From the description on the sheet Disney gave us, we were all expecting a little 50’s diner type place. However, it was an elegant looking restaurant (as far as casual dining goes!) and it was really great! It was pretty dark inside but they had lots of tables and big booths. We were excited!

img4362y.jpg

Some bread to start off:

img4350ci.jpg

Dad's Salad:

img4353e.jpg

My Salad:

img4351op.jpg

I went a little off my normal path and got some BBQ ribs! They were FANTASTIC. I hadn’t had ribs in so long and I just loved them! I got them with Sweet Potato fries and the honey made them taste REALLY really good. My only problem is that I forgot to order a half rack so I had WAY too much food.

img4357ke.jpg

Dad got a steak that was soaked in some type of coffee, but it didn’t taste like coffee. It gave it some GREAT flavor! He also got a lobster tail and some fantastic mashed potatoes! He was extremely, extremely happy with his meal!

img4356lk.jpg

Mom ended up getting Chicken Noodle soup, the Caprese salad, and fried green tomatoes. She was SO happy with her choice and they tasted really good to her even though she was feeling sick.

img4352s.jpg

img4355ft.jpg

img4354bq.jpg

I wasn’t going to get dessert, but Dad saw Key Lime Pie on the menu, so I had to order something too.

I saw CARROT CAKE and for some reason that sounded incredible at the moment. That’s what I ordered and it was the was the biggest piece of carrot cake I have EVER seen. It may look big in the picture, but if you looked at it from above, this piece of cake was about 5 or 6 inches thick. It was CRAZY! And it tasted absolutely amazing. The cream cheese frosting was pretty much to die for. I shared it with Mom and Dad, and we couldn’t even finish it all!

img4359y.jpg

Dad’s key lime pie was really good too – but it was WAY smaller than the carrot cake. (thankfully)

img4360k.jpg

We got back to the room and Mom and I went over to the main desk to look at the pins again.

Then at around 8:45 we went over to Shadow’s point so we could watch the movie on the outdoor movie theater! It was supposed to start at 9 but we got there early and they already started it! Oh well.

The movie that night was The Princess and the Frog! My appreciation for that movie grew even more! I absolutely LOVED it and it was such a great movie to watch outdoors on the big screen.

img4374ig.jpg

I really really love Ray the firefly. Like, he’s one of my new favorite characters. He just has such a good heart and he cracks me up! I love that guy. Thankfully the weather was good and it was such a nice night to watch the movie! After that, we went back to the room and chilled out for a while.

Then the best thing EVER happened to me! I tweeted Stacey earlier (you know, Stacey from MUST DO DISNEY!) and all of the sudden she REPLIED TO MY TWEET and SHE FOLLOWED ME ON TWITTER!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!! She followed Kristen as well because she tweeted her earlier, too. So we both were FLIPPING out! I have been a HUGE Stacey fan since the day she started playing on the WDW Resort TV's back in 2005, and the fact that she followed me on twitter pretty much made my life! I was fan-girling A LOT. EEEEE STACEY!

img4382m.jpg

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter