We're Back! Round #3 TR! Fun, Food and New Friends....

Now I get all flummoxed...

Which one of these is the dopey one?
DSCN3173.jpg

And which one of these is the Evil Queen.
DSCN3223.jpg

:confused3

We checked out of our old room and dropped off our bags with the bellman....our new room would be ready later in the afternoon. It was on the 4th floor all the way down the hall...at the stairs very close to the DHS walkway, which we loved!!!!

I should let Jon do this posting since he has became such a DISer now!

Okay! This was a quick short trip to AK. We arrived mid-morning via bus. The bus made a stop at the Swan and Fish, Blizzard Beach, then AK.

DSCN3237.jpg

Jon tried to get my pic here, but the lady decided to take 300 pics of her kids in front the sign.

DSCN3238.jpg

It was already so dang hot....what is it with it being hotter at AK?

We did a couple of photopass pics and headed for Everest to get Fast Passes. There was 30 minute wait in the stand by line and the return time for getting a FP was 12:20-1:20. It was almost 11am so we decided to go do an early lunch at Yak and Yeti Quick Service.

Before lunch, we stopped to look at the monkeys....

DSCN3240.jpg

DSCN3242.jpg

Yak and Yeti just opened so we got in line and ordered lunch...

I got the sweet and sour pork....

DSCN3245.jpg

It was okay...I mostly ate from Jon's....he got the

DSCN3244.jpg

Mangolian Beef...it had a kick to it...

We also got some...

DSCN3246.jpg

Wally...here is your egg roll....!

Dessert was also included...we got the mango pie and the chocolate cake. This was an okay lunch, Nothing exciting...

Jon wanted to take my pic in front of this...

DSCN3248.jpg

After lunch, we decided to do the Jungle Trails.....we have never been on them before...they were impressive.

Loved the gorillas!

DSCN3283.jpg

DSCN3285.jpg

Jon does so much better with the camera than I do....

DSCN3266.jpg

DSCN3267.jpg

There were a lot more pics of animals...so are just too blurry to post.

We passed by this lady....I bought Rosie a gift certificate so she could get her nails done....

DSCN3243.jpg

It was time to head back to the Forbidden Mtn...

DSCN3239.jpg

I noticed the stand by time was now at 20 mintues. I thought about asking Jon to ride a 2nd time, but I wanted to wait to see how I felt after this 1st time. There's something about EE when I exit....there's just a moment where I feel like Im gonna pass out from riding this simple ride.:confused3 Call me a wuss...

This was a short time spent at AK. We had to cut the visit short b/c we had a DVC appointment and we had to meet our guide in Dinoland soon.

We still had some time so we walked on Dinosaur. Sorry no pics here....but we did get a few pics leaving the exit. Dinosaur is pretty good. I think it needs to be changed up a little....I don't know....:confused:

DSCN3291.jpg

DSCN3292.jpg

And these guys were entertaining....they were just finishing up.

DSCN3290.jpg

And Im gonna stop there...

Up next...Mr. Chuckwagon returns to Wilderness Lodge.....

*cricket chirping*
:rotfl:

:lmao:

The silence is deafening...:sad2:

Im sorry Rosie, but that was funny... :lmao:

That's not what you told me! :headache:

You told me "All Sales are final. No refunds, no exchanges."

:mad:

:rotfl:

AARP stands for

Always
Awesome
Rob
Period

:thumbsup2

Funny, the card I saw said

Another
Amplification
of Ridiculous
Proportions! :confused3

:)

Great TR Jeff! Just wanted to say:

OMG Rob, I think Wally called you fat

popcorn::

Thanks kinglouie! ;) glad you're here! :)

There's something about EE when I exit....there's just a moment where I feel like Im gonna pass out from riding this simple ride.

Nope .... I get it too. I feel really dizzy for a moment, but then it goes away. probably from all those banking turns.

Let's see...where were we? Ah, yes...our DVC tour.

We rode in one of those Best Kept Secret Vans....lol! The DVC folks were nice and they took us to AKL and we got to tour the Kidiani Village. Beautiful. We got the information we needed and both got our lesson in how DVC works. We are still thinking about, but there's other priorities on our list now that we have to take care 1st!

We were dropped off back home at the BW and we went to check and see if if our new room was ready. It was ready! :banana: We had to take our luggage to the room with us, the bell staff never took our bags to our new room. The new location was wonderful and the view was much better! We were at the far far end towards DHS...we loved it! The room was in its old decor which was fine.....

We unpacked and got ready for our ADR at Artist Point. The plan was to walk over to Epcot and hop on the monorail. Take the monorail to MK so we could then take the boat to WL. As we were getting ready, the news was on and they were talking about another monorail problem, so we figured they closed it down. Great. The bus.

The bus took FOREVER and it caused us to be late for our ADR.

We finally got there and we were ah! again when we entered the WL lobby. Beautiful. I looked at Jon and said Welcome Home Mr. Chuckwagon....

Even though we were late, Jon stopped at the pin cart that's still in the lobby.

I checked us in at Artist Point and we were seated right then. They were not busy, surprised me with free dining going on.

I can't remember our server's name, but she was good.

We ordered a cheese sampler...

DSCN3296.jpg

A Selection of Artisan Cheeses -- Fiscalini Cheddar, Midnight Moon, Echo Mountain Blue, seasonal garnishs and walnut toast

Jon ordered....

DSCN3297.jpg

Grilled Beef Tenderloin with roasted fingerlink potatoes, sauteed baby spinach, blue cheese fritter and port wine reduction

I ordered the...

DSCN3300.jpg

Cedar Plank Roasted Pacific King Salmon

This was awesome...both of us cleaned our plates like good lil' boys!

Desserts...Jon ordered...

DSCN3301.jpg

Double Chocolate Cheesecake with vanilla shortbread, raspberry coulis, Grand Marnier mousse, and candied orange

I had this...

DSCN3303.jpg

Artist Point Cobbler - Seasonal berries and housemade black raspberry ice cream

Loved Artist Point...it was really good. At this time, Flying Fish is top of the list....

We settled up the check and strolled through WL having flashbacks of our last trip. WL is cool place...I think the CMs are much nicer at BW than WL. Just my opinion....;)

DHS was open for EMH so we decided to go there for the evening and just walk back to BW from there. We boarded the bus at WL and headed over to DHS. The bus went Fort Wilderness then DHS.

I was scared that DHS was going to be crowed b/c of EMHs, but it was not.

We rode RnR 3 times....

Hollywood ToT....and Jon did ride with me once!

And ended the night at TSM....again. TSM was walk on!!!! Well, it was like 15 minutes to closing, so there was not hardly a wait.

Here are the pics from that evening...

DSCN3307.jpg

I love the doors at G-Force Records...

DSCN3308.jpg

"One potatoe, two potatoe, three potatoe...four..."

DSCN3309.jpg

Bless his heart...he rode ToT with me again....

DSCN3312.jpg

We had a fun time on this night! TSM is such a cool ride...and was nice to walk on with hardly no wait.

DSCN3313.jpg

Jon's big gun...;) And he used it well... he won this round.

DSCN3311.jpg

The park was shutting down so we took the boat back since it was already at the dock and headed home. A very nice boat ride in the evening I must say. ;)
DSCN3314.jpg

We walked around the BW some and stepped into the famous Atlantic Dance Hall to see it in person. I just had to see it since I saw Rob's pics from his wedding! Sweet! Good choice Rob and Scott!!! :thumbsup2

Got back to our room.....I had to get my beauty rest. Our 1st DIS meet was tomorrow!!! Stay tuned!

This was a really nice day! Today was planned to spend as much time at Epcot as possible. We planned also to meet Rob (aka rpmdfw) and his wonderful partner Scott!

We slept in late. It was nice and quiet way on the other end of the hallway!

Jon had to do some cleaning before we left for Epcot...

DSCN3316.jpg

I always joke at my hunny at home, I call him my maid so this was a perfect kodak moment....

We walked over to Epcot and headed directly to Future World. The plan was to grab Fast Passes for Soarin and eat lunch. It was 11:20 when we got our fast passes and we had to return back between 2pm and 3pm. I can not remember what the stand by line time was currently, it seems like it was 40 minutes...not sure.

To pass the time away, we decided to go ahead and have lunch. So we went here...

DSCN3348.jpg

DSCN3320.jpg

Everytime we go into this area, it feels like the Mall.....

Lunch was served!

Jon had this...

DSCN3318.jpg

Can't remember what it was called...Smoked Ham and Salami...he liked it. He has always been a fan of salami...dessert was a bavarian cream thingie...he said it was good.

I had this...

DSCN3317.jpg

Grilled Chicken and it came with 2 sides, and I got mashed taters and rice. It was good....I got Butterfinger Cheesecake for dessert. It was pretty good.

There's was time to kill, so we decided to pick out somethings to do that we have not done at Epcot....

We stopped here....

DSCN3321.jpg

Never been here....its been closed everytime we passed it.

DSCN3322.jpg

It wasn't too busy in here...we hopped right over to a fountain and began to sample soda from all over the world. Now, I have heard about some of the selections and I couldn't remember what was what so I decided to take pics of our facial expression when we sampled...

DSCN3323.jpg

DSCN3324.jpg

Okay...you go first Jon...

DSCN3325.jpg

Okay...my turn...

DSCN3326.jpg

I don't remember the 1st one, I think it was dish water...

Jon, try the Beverly...I read on the DIS that it was the best!

DSCN3328.jpg

DSCN3329.jpg

Jon reaction...."This was the best????"

My turn...

DSCN3330.jpg

Gross....Yes, Wally, I did swallow it all down.....

We did finally tasted one we liked...

DSCN3331.jpg

It was the Watermelon from China.....

After our trip to Club Cool...we went on Ellen's Energy Ride. They were already letting folks in for the next showing. This was ride was okay....Im sure it was the bomb back in it's day.

We walked across the way to TEST TRACK! Stand by line was 30 minutes, but it actually was like 15 minutes...

DSCN3335.jpg

DSCN3337.jpg

DSCN3339.jpg

We were all buckled in ready to go!

Extreme heat conditions...

DSCN3342.jpg

French Fry Lamps...

DSCN3341.jpg

Oh no!

DSCN3345.jpg

We love Test Track....great ride!

It was time to go fly over California....

DSCN3346.jpg

It was wonderful! We were on the middle row, again. I wanna try it on top next time.

After that, we decided to go do Test Track one more time. We decided to do the single riders line on this round.

Jon wanted to go through the countries before heading back home and preview what Food and Wine was offering....

Mexico...we stopped for one of these...

DSCN3352.jpg

Yum!

DSCN3353.jpg

Okay...I have to continue on the next post....dang it!

I remember one of those sodas being extremely bitter. And yet it still tasted better than RC cola. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter