• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s for Dinner Tonight?

I had 2 projects to finish tonight. So I popped chicken in the oven first. With a dollop of mayo -sprinkled with pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder over the chicken. For the first time I put a bed of potatoes, carrots and green beans under them.
Finished the projects and had 8 minutes left for the food to cook.

I had 2 projects to finish tonight. So I popped chicken in the oven first. With a dollop of mayo -sprinkled with pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder over the chicken. For the first time I put a bed of potatoes, carrots and green beans under them.
Finished the projects and had 8 minutes left for the food to cook.
I did the mayo rub on a roast chicken for the first time not too long ago. Loved the flavor but the skin didn’t crisp well. Any tips for that?

Been hearing about this and that kind of bowl dish for donkey years but never made or ate one before.
Today I made a salmon vinegared rice bowl with avocado, julienned cukes and coleslaw: simple and yummy too!

Bought some elderflower syrup, added some lemonade and seltzer for a refreshing drink.
My daughters are both very into making these, usually tilting heavily to the Korean style. I've tried a couple and they've been quite tasty.

Tonight I'm trying out a new recipe for Tilapia fish cakes where you first bake the fish, then flake it and mix with other ingredients and brown in a skillet. Trying to force myself to be motivated and drag myself out of my rut. Planning to pair it with some couscous and steamed or roasted asparagus.

The grandkids are always begging for tuna casserole, so that's what we're having tonight.
When I was a kid my sisters and I could request whatever we wanted for dinner on our birthday—had to be something made by mom though. I almost always asked for tuna noodle casserole. I loved that as a kid. No one I live with now will eat it though.

This week is easy dinners because DD and SIL left this morning for a week in Disney, so both were busy with work-stuff on Monday and Tuesday, and of course DH and I both work full time, too. On Monday I bought a rotisserie chicken from Sam's and made "garbage stock" from the carcass. Strained out the "garbage" then cooked lots of veg in the broth, then pureed it. Made a pot of rice and a salad, and there was chicken meat to put in the soup for those who aren't vegetarian. Tuesday was chicken pot pie, also from Sams, and... not sure there was a veg. DD/SIL left at noon today, so I picked up the resident 7 year old after school and came home and made a chicken noodle casserole. It's supposed to be made with ground turkey, but I chopped up some of the chicken meat leftover from Monday and used that instead. No veg on the side, but the casserole is full of celery, onion, broccoli, water chestnuts, and mushrooms so I figure there's enough veg in there. Also I hate to make salad, and I'm tired, and there's still bathtime and bedtime to go, and this is only night one of a 6 night trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter