• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What about a trip to DisneyLand?(Bringing out our Inner Child °O° December 3-7 '09)

Hi All

Just wanted to let any friends of Sha's know that she arrived in Orlando, but has had an accident and was rearended on the way home, and is in the hosptial, and has asked that no one call or text for now. As I get updates I will post them.

Cait

Hi All

Just wanted to let any friends of Sha's know that she arrived in Orlando, but has had an accident and was rearended on the way home, and is in the hosptial, and has asked that no one call or text for now. As I get updates I will post them.

Cait

Oh No! I hope she wasn't seriously hurt. Cait please tell her I am thinking of her when you get a chance.

Hi All
Cait
Thanks for the update. Terrible to hear that Sha's first DLR trip ended with an accident so close to home. I look forward to hearing about a good recovery, soon.

My final day at DLR was cold and raining for most of the day, but lines to all open attractions were very short. The Grapevine was closed due to snow and ice, today. Will definitely be driving the coastal route to return to Clovis tomorrow morning.

Oh No! I hope she wasn't seriously hurt. Cait please tell her I am thinking of her when you get a chance.

Thanks for the update. Terrible to hear that Sha's first DLR trip ended with an accident so close to home. I look forward to hearing about a good recovery, soon.

My final day at DLR was cold and raining for most of the day, but lines to all open attractions were very short. The Grapevine was closed due to snow and ice, today. Will definitely be driving the coastal route to return to Clovis tomorrow morning.

When I know more, I will be sure to post it.

Thanks to Sha for being so generous with her time, sharing in my retirement celebration at DCA. Here's a warm hug to my newest DIS friend.:goodvibes Get well real soon!
100_0116.jpg

has good news to report. Sha is home from the hospital, there doesn't appear to be any injury to her neck and back, but she is tired and in pain.

has good news to report. Sha is home from the hospital, there doesn't appear to be any injury to her neck and back, but she is tired and in pain.

Great news other than the pain. Thanks so much for the update Cait!

Hi All

Cait

Oh my...this has not been the weekend, first with my Dad falling, then my son, Jason, was in an accident on Saturday and now Sha. I'm so glad to hear she's okay. I pray she will heal quickly.

BTW Jason is okay but his car is not.

Cait, please let Sha know that she's in my thoughts and I am sending lots of positive "get well soon" energy her way. I'm sorry to hear that her first trip to Disneyland ended on a sad note, but very glad to hear that she is not seriously injured.

Teresa, I'm glad that Jason is fine. The car is replaceable. Him, not so much, so it's good to know that he is doing okay.

Bill, congratulations on your retirement! What a lovely photo of you and Sha that you shared. I'm glad you had a good time on your retirement trip.

thanks everyone... saw the FNP today and looks to be muscular, but we are being careful and conservative in treatment. And more toward the homeopathic side that I prefer. My butt is still numblike but could be worse! LMAO Am hoping new treatment we started today works well, because I worked in the office Thursday and it was horrible for me. So looking forward to the New Year!

I want to go back and do this again................. just with more people!

...And more toward the homeopathic side that I prefer.
:scared1: Homeopathic?!?! Oops, thought I read homicidal.:rolleyes1 Actually was a tad surprised because you're a nurse.:eek:
I want to go back and do this again................. just with more people!
I was hoping to meetup with a few additional DISers, too. Would've been cool to have a group shot occupying a car on Screamin'. (Instead of some jerk in the front seat sticking out his tongue with his young son sitting next to him, no less.):sad2:
Screamin2009.jpg

That was a great ride! Have to wait before I can do any of that (need the all clear).

No... I like both sides of medicine, but for my treatment I will try to lean more to homeopathic first and conservative measures. A lot of people underestimate them and there are some who claim to be homeopathic doctors etc and have no clue what they are doing. Luckily, I have been established with my massage therapist for 15 years and she confirmed that the one of the two MDs my FNP is consulting with I am in good hands (actually with both). Around here the FNPs and ARNPs tend to use more of the homeopathic treatments... because they know the benefits. The older MDs not really. Im in good care.

That was a great ride! Have to wait before I can do any of that (need the all clear)
I've hoped that if I were to have an accident of any sort during a vacation trip, that it be at the end. Though, not having any kind of mishap is much more preferred. Interesting that I've never caught the flu during or soon after a visit to DLR, but experienced the flu after visits to WDW. The flu after my last WDW visit in December 2008 was a real doozy, the worst in my life.:sick: Anyway, good to hear you're on the mend after your roadway encounter of the bad kind.

OMG I am SO glad it didnt happen out there or on the way! What a let down that would be. Luckily, havent had too many issues coming away from the parks after being around sick people that shouldve stayed home.... heard of too many horror stories though from friends who have been sick the whole trip or on way home. Thankful that there are lots of places to wash hands and little bottles of alcohol cleanser when getting off of rides where sick kids (and adults) have had their dirty hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter