• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What actually can be posted on the CB??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Murphy

We are family.
It used to be that any topic, Disney or other, was acceptable on the CB, as long as it was within DIS general board guidelines. I have seen threads here, in the past and currently, that were about the theme parks (Disney and others), tickets, resorts, food, flowers, rentals, teen concerns, singles concerns, budgets, crafts and scrapbooks, camping, and really virtually any topic you could think of. I do know you will get whacked if you post a congratulation or birthday wish here and it will get moved to that sub board, but, at least in the past, anything was okay.

Last night I posted a thread asking how the planting was going for DIS farm families and DIS'ers in general with flowers, etc. I do know that the DIS has a Flower and Garden Board, but thought I would like to ask it on the CB and certainly did not think asking such a question was forbidden on the CB. Apparently it is and it was moved. I asked about it and was told it did not belong here.

What actually can we post on the CB nowadays?? :confused:

Dan Murphy

I don't think we're supposed to post anything that belongs on another board.

I also believe, if I recall correctly, that we're not supposed to post anything questioning how the boards are managed. ;)

And I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to be sarcastic-- oops!

Somebody is Slippin' Dan!:rolleyes: I was wondering what happened to your thread!:confused:

LOL, Dan, I started to answer this but I might get into trouble. ;)

I've wondered this recently myself Dan. I can remember many times asking about Resorts and Food etc. on the CB because I feel I "KNOW" the folks on the CB better and would trust their opinions over folks I don't know so well.

I don't know whats going on with the entire DIS lately....a friend told me that its just ups and downs that happen. I don't know I used to live on the DIS and thought of the majority of the CB as my family. I'm so sad to say I just don't feel that closeness anymore:( :( and I miss so so many posters that aren't here now.

I know what you mean. Once in a blue moon something I post will get moved. But I post it here because this is where I visit. The only others I'll visit every couple months might be the collectors board (gotta keep up on Raul's stories!) :teeth: or the debate board. If I put something here, I'm looking for the CBers to reply, not someone from another board. Oh well. :(

I'm sawrey Dan.....

...but we're gonna have to move this to the debate board.

:p ;) :teeth:

Settle down young man or i'll have to report you...;)

Originally posted by DonnaS
I don't think we're supposed to post anything that belongs on another board.

I also believe, if I recall correctly, that we're not supposed to post anything questioning how the boards are managed. ;)

And I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to be sarcastic-- oops!
Not being sarcastic, Donna, just wondering how we are to know what we can and can not legally post here on the CB. If I were to go though ten pages of threads here on the CB, I know I could find 30 or more threads (I am picking a number out of the sky) that could well be not off topic on one of the many other great boards here on the DIS. But, at least in the past, the CB did not have constraints as to what could be posted on it, other than general DIS guidelines of a family board, with the above mentioned exceptions of congratulations and birthday wishes.

And I am not questioning how the boards are managed. When told my thread was where it belonged, I thanked the WM for the reply. I am only trying to find out what the new topical guidelines are here on the CB and how tightly we are held to those topical guidelines.

Don't tell anyone, but I was the one being sarcastic. LOL

I just won't say where....

Actually Dan, posts are frequently moved between boards. We never get complaints about it, most people don't really feel it's a major issue.
Looking at the moderator logs it's upwards of 20 a day.
As long as it is moved to a more appropriate board it's up to the discretion of the moderators.
There was a redirect left on the community board, it wasn't just moved without a trace.
That post clearly belonged on the flower and garden board, I moved it there and that's where it will stay.

Originally posted by Beauty

I don't know whats going on with the entire DIS lately....a friend told me that its just ups and downs that happen. I don't know I used to live on the DIS and thought of the majority of the CB as my family. I'm so sad to say I just don't feel that closeness anymore:( :( and I miss so so many posters that aren't here now.

Yep.

Good one Dan and Pandy Paws…hey Alex don’t you realize that they are trying a little reverse psychology on you? Pandy Paws posts a thread about the “Archive Boards” on the CB. Dan posts a thread about why threads are allowed to stay on the CB when they should clearly be moved to other boards. What they are hoping is that you will move Pandy Paw’s thread to the actual Achieve Board with a nice little redirect url. Then it’s just a little “follow the yellow brick url” and Dan and Pandy are finally happy.

You two are slick!;)

Gosh, Alex, if that wasn't supposed to sound snippy, I'd hate to read a "snippy" reply. I believe Dan said above that he thanked the moderator for putting it on the correct board.

But his question wasn't even answered by you.

The other day I read a pretty long thread about recipes for such and such that stayed here & wasn't moved to the recipe board. I was reminded of when #1 Disney Fan asked a similar question and her thread was moved.
It just gets confusing sometimes of what can be posted and what can't be.
In case you're wondering, this is what I found to be so snippy sounding:"That post clearly belonged on the flower and garden board, I moved it there and that's where it will stay."
This thread didn't sound like a protest to me, it was inquiring about what are the specific guidelines for this board.

I mean we have a recipe board for food. But often we are asked "what's for supper?" And those are never moved. Yet they are about food. So, I'm not sure why "How the garden /planting going?" is much different.

Probably because no moderator payed attention, but if one of them had moved it that would have been fine..

I agree with Buck....if a post is posted on the CB then thats because we want the opinions of the FOLKS on the CB NOT the Flower Board or the Resort Board....Good GOD what does it hurt anyway!

Geesh.....I'm leaving for the night before I get banned....this place is UNREAL and not even a shadow of the ONCE great board that it was!

Again, I thank you for your reply/ies, Alex.

As far as 20 or so a day being moved, I am sure that is correct, but very rarely do I see ones moved off the CB, other that to its sub boards above. On the topic specific boards, I see many moved, yes, just very rarely here, as, at least in the past, there were no topic guideline/restrictions.

So, if I understand this correctly now, threads that topically would not off topic on another DIS board do not belong on the CB, but rather on the board where it would be topically okay??

quite simply because the community board moves way too fast, and a lot of threads don't get read by a lot of people. If it wasn't that way why have seperate boards at all? Why not just one big board.
Sorry you are dissapointed Beauty but we are getting more traffic and new enrollments than ever, so somebody must like what we are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter