• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What actually can be posted on the CB??

Status
Not open for further replies.
C.Ann, have you checked the board guidelines lately? Just curious as to what kind of a "beating" these posters are taking and if it happens so frequently, why are you not "reporting it to a moderator"? I don't recall receiving anything from you about this, but I could be mistaken. Fun being an armchair moderator, huh?

Do you have ANY idea how many posts are made here in a day? And the mods should read each and every one? I think not. We have to assume that people will conduct themselves like adults, but that doesn't always happen and that is when the mods have to step in.

If you want to see an example of an unmoderated board, try one, there are lots out there, you may enjoy it. I doubt it though and it sure as hell won't be as much fun as criticizing those that work here. And yet, people come back day after day after day and have been doing so for almost 6 years.

You people amaze me sometimes. :(

I like the idea of an unmoderated board for a day or two. Where everyone gets to say exactly what they want w/o restrictions, and everyone has to live with it. I would love to see what would happen....Let's see who come to the rescue when things are posted and said, or just posted wrong.

Snide remarks to certain posters? If something is explained over and over, and yet the person keeps bringing it up, and questioning it....I call that snide and to be honest downright rude. No one is making anyone post or stay here...there are other places to go to. This place can't be what everyone or anyone one wants, and just because someone is well liked and respected, that does not mean that their word is law. The only law here that counts is Pete's and if someone does not like it, no one is forcing anyone to stay.

Hey, I am here to have fun first, and here to moderate second. It is my love for the place that brings me back, but this turmoil keeps coming up. Every little problem and indescrepency is pointed out constantly, to what extent? It would not have been any better 12 months ago either. This is not life...this is not the end of the world...so why continue it?

You people amaze me sometimes. :(

Cathy...with the benefit of me NOT having read all of the last 8 pages....let me jurst ask this....

...is it 'ok' for sumeone to post a mindless, sometimes tasteless, stab at a post without any other purpose than an attempt to offer those who choice to read it...a bit of light heartedness on a daily basis???

Isn't that what Walt tried to offer the 'community' who chose to patronize his offerings? ..... The chance and hope of an escape from a world that ooohh so often doesn't allow us to smile?

Is the CB any different??? I'd like to think not. As an example....for those who desire to vigorously discuss a particular point....we have the debate board....for those who wish to ask a specific question on where to eat in WDW... we have a board..etc.etc..etc....

SO....from my limited minds ability to understand such things.....the CB allows us a place to freely and in a kindly way...share our hopes/dreams/fears about our lives.....is that right? :):):)

Originally posted by Goofyposter
SO....from my limited minds ability to understand such things.....the CB allows us a place to freely and in a kindly way...share our hopes/dreams/fears about our lives.....is that right? :):):)

GP, I would hope so. :)

I have a question:
If I want to post a question about what tree to plant in my yard, it should go on the Flower and Garden board, right? Is it acceptable for me to put a note here and point the CB to my thread? You said that could be done for DIS meets.

I'm not trying to cause trouble. Just wondering if that is within the guidelines? Sometimes you might want a question answered by people you know and trust and the correct board might be full of complete strangers. I'd be happy to post it where it goes and get their opinions, too, but I'd also like to hear from the people I know. And I don't mean that as in wanting just my good buddies to post. I don't belong to any cliques here. I wouldn't have a clue where to start sending PM's to all the CB folks I care about.

It might make me sad if you move my threads, but I understand that you guys are in control. We have to grin and go along with your decisions. Thank you in advance for answering my question.

Now I intend to quietly back away from this thread. It makes me very sad to see so much trouble in "paradise".

I agree that there are plenty of unmoderated boards out there, and I have it on good authority that they can get pretty nasty...

:eek: :eek:

You and me both, Merry. :(

Sure that is fine. There are some wonderful, very resourceful people on the F&G board who I know would be helpful and most of them post on the CB too. I wouldn't dare go so far as to call some of them strange though ;)

AFB, ROFL!!!!:p
CC

Ok, I haven't read every single post on this thread, but quite a few.

Here's my two pennies so I can put in my two cents. I haven't been posting near as much as I used to. I too am tired of the snide remarks made to innocent, fun, questioning posts. A lot of us are trying to bring some fun, easy-going conversation back into the CB, and the posts are being moved or locked. Now no offense to the mod who did this, but I posted a "fluff thread" one day about something that many of us have kidded about for a long time, and I used someones name in the title of the thread because he is the one who started the whole endless joke. My thread was almost immediately locked because the mod thought I was sending a "personal message". People (and there are a lot of them on the CB) who know about this joke immediately started to post, kidding around. Locking that threat was totally unnecessary. It was very clear that I was goofing around and not sending a "personal message" for that one person. Dan's general question gets moved. Maybe the rest of us here wanted to hear the answer and chime in without it being on a board where we feel intimidated because we don't know a lot about the subject of growing plants/vegetables, etc.

And am I the only one who doesn't understand the remark about this board "moving too fast'?? What does that mean exactly? :confused:

I will end this rambling with one comment...the fun, relaxed, caring board this once was is gone. How many people really come here for true support, prayers and {{HUGS}} the way we once did? Not many....too many people are afraid of getting snide remarks in return. Pretty sad.

Originally posted by WebmasterCathyCanada
C.Ann, have you checked the board guidelines lately? Just curious as to what kind of a "beating" these posters are taking and if it happens so frequently, why are you not "reporting it to a moderator"? I don't recall receiving anything from you about this, but I could be mistaken. Fun being an armchair moderator, huh?

-----------------

If the "search" function was currently operating I would be MORE than happy to point you in the direction of those threads but quite frankly, I don't think it's necessary because the only way that ALL of the moderators could have missed any of those threads is if they never read ANY threads at all..

I'm not here to argue with you - or any other moderator. I'm simply pointing out that "consistency" is lacking here.. And my opinion remains the same - that Dan was treated rudely and unfairly..

And now that I think about it - hasn't this whole thread turned into a "debate"? Perhaps it should be moved to the Debate Board..

The search function is working just fine C. Ann, I just used it 30 seconds ago.

No, it isn't a debate, it is a Q & A that I thought had been answered.

The search doesn't have to work if these threads had been reported in the first place, C.Ann. I can honestly tell you that I have been so busy that I read very little on the CB these days unless I deal with something that has been reported. I know Alex and Will have been away and/or working and that lessens our numbers considerably. It is unfair to assume that the mods read every or every other post.

As for Dan, some of his comments appeared to have disappeared, so perhaps you are seeing one side of a story?

Like I said, we have a "report to a moderator" option. I really wish folks would use it rather than complain about the job our mods do. If you think I am overprotective of them, you're damned right I am. They put up with a lot of crap and then to be criticized the way they have here, just makes me see red!
CC

here's a silly idea, add a sub board to the community board and have it unmoderated? Just a thought.

that was actually tried once whtyger, a long time ago... let's just say it's not an experiment to be repeated... very ugly very quick...

Not only have some of the comments dissapeared but it looks like the original post was heavily edited.

Marilyn, you weren't the only one upset with the locking of your thread.:( {{hugs}} I've missed your posting.:(

CC, thank you.:)

Originally posted by WebmasterAlex
O.K Dan here are the rules.
...................If they don't like that answer they are out of options.

Please note the use of the word discretion, the moderators are individuals and are allowed to think.

I hope that is clear.
I would hope that the stated guideline in the Forum Menu is updated from the now current........
Community Board
Join our moderators in a discussion forum for any topic, Disney or otherwise. Swap stories, information, ask questions...just be friendly :)
so new posters, unaware of this thread, which has grown to be rather dramatic from a its original simple clarification question, will not get confused by the two conflicting sets of guidelines, one stated in the guidelines, the other in a thread.

Thank you, Cathy and Alex. Much appreciated.

BTW.........Sorry. The search function has been disabled by the administrator. (30 seconds ago)

Also, as for 'As for Dan, some of his comments appeared to have disappeared, so perhaps you are seeing one side of a story?', the only comments I know have disappeared are my original thread which was first moved to the other board and then subsequently deleted. A poster asked me where it was and I said it was on the flower board and they could not find it. I looked for it and could not either.

You know, I just have to open my mouth in defense of the Flower and Garden Board. It's not like we're on Mars and no one knows any of us.

FACT: Prominent players on the F&G: AMID CHAOS, SNOWWARK, DIXIE DREAMER, MAMU, OLENA, GINA2000 among others. Ever heard of any of us???? We're on the CB every single day. We share a love of gardening and welcome all who would like to share their knowledge and questions. We're not attached solely to the F&G Board. We stop by to chat about a hobby.

FACT: The F&G Board is a small board. It's slow moving, intimate and information packed. We try to answer all questions. We share our knowledge and try to point people in the correct direction if we don't know the answer.

FACT: It's not a clique exclusive from the CB. It's made up of people FROM the CB. Sure, we may not be your intimate friends, but we're nice to everyone. And it's a small enough board to make a friend easily. AND CARRY IT OVER TO THE CB.

I'll put back on my alien mask now. I wouldn't want any of you to *gasp* recognize and like me.

1. Search is tied in to load. If you get the disabled message try it again in a minute or two. It is working
2. There really isn't any need to post all that in the guidelines. Most people rely on the "common sense" approach and it works just fine.
3. Your edited post is on the Flower and Garden Board

Gina.. I hear what your saying....

I think enough has been said, questions addressed and we really don't need to keep this going.

If anyone wishes to continue this by email or PM, I'm available.
Thanks
CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter