• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What actually can be posted on the CB??

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Alex:

"Yesterday there were 3 and a half pages of new threads on the community board including a lot of threads that were barely looked at. This board is NOT just for people to post things for their "friends" to comment on it is for everyone on the DIS, new and old. The biggest complaint we recieve about this board is that it is too much of a clique and if you are not a member of the "in" crowd you get ignored. I can't begin to tell you how many people have said they are scared to post here. "

Not being one of the "in" crowd... it's NOT a clique. It's just as Buck said, some people post enough here, that they have a lot of friends here. I've seen new members join in by announcin their presence, then posting a LOT, to get themselves visible. If that's not your style, you DO get buried in the volume. (I'm afraid to post on the thread-killer thread. How bad would that be, to kill THAT thread???)

So, yes, posting on this board to specifically get feedback from the folks you know here adds to the exclusionary feel that this board (Sometimes) get.

AS a three year lurker, and a two year poster (see my missing tag fairie tag?), it is rather scary to post her. And when I did start, the only welcoming post I received was from someone who's name I dare not speak...

I am curious about the how many of the new registered members are actually new unique members. I know I account for three users names. One name never ever posted on any thread, but years later still shows if I search for it.:p

<B>Quote from Clutter:</B>
(I'm afraid to post on the thread-killer thread. How bad would that be, to kill THAT thread???)

Clutter, Clutter..we relish in our thread-killing capabilities..it's a good thing!
;)

Rise to the challenge...give it your best shot!

Welcome one and all!:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by MaryAnnDVC
Hand sufficiently slapped, thank you. ;)

I don't think there's so much "looking for things to complain about", glo, as trying to figure out the DIS rules, since they seem to be so sporadically enforced. (I would think that anyone who doesn't understand the specifics would only benefit from your imparting this information...in a nice way, of course.) For example, there's a thread on the W.I.S.H. board about someone's DD being in the hospital. It doesn't appear to be diet related, but it does appear that that is where this person posts mostly?? (I'm not sure.) So, it seems as if that should be moved to the Community Board, and not stay where it is; it is not a thread that was "missed" by moderators, as moderators have posted to it. So are personal threads such as this (and I do feel for this person...I've had a hospitalized child myself) given special consideration and allowed to stay at the board where the person posts (ie, a hospitalized child of someone who posts primarily on the Cruise Board?). Just an example.

Thank you. :)

I have to agree. When I'm over on the cruise board, there are people that only hang out there. They have talked about the weather in their area among other things totally unrelated to cruising. Now I really don't have a problem with that because they don't know anyone over here. But there isn't a consistancy, and I can understand how "common sense" isn't so easy to see sometimes.

AFR - ROFL! :p

I can assure you its NOT just you! :p

(snoopy, who likes the idea of a TMI board, what the heck else better do we have to talk about, and how much can you really talk about Disney?! :teeth: )

Originally posted by glo
....I just wish everyone would think of it that way, and stop looking for things to complain about.....
Originally posted by glo
I think if people would put things on the right boards, and followed the rule......
Originally posted by Dan Murphy
...........What actually can we post on the CB nowadays?? :confused:

Dan Murphy
Community Board
Join our moderators in a discussion forum for any topic, Disney or otherwise. Swap stories, information, ask questions...just be friendly :)
Glo, thanks for your thoughts.

Just an FYI. I was not complaining, just asking a question to resolve confusion on my part. I do try and post things on proper boards, as indicated by the guidelines. And I was able to find the CB guideline, it is in the 'Just for Fun' menu, and it still seems to say the same........Community Board
Join our moderators in a discussion forum for any topic, Disney or otherwise. Swap stories, information, ask questions...just be friendly :)
. From a good number of the replies on this thread, it seems there is some confusion about what actually can be posted here, if it is not what the guideline says. And trust me, I am not trying to piss anyone off (I know I can say that here :teeth: ), just trying to clarify. I do like the DIS and do try to follow the rules, when told what they are, if they are changed.

Originally posted by MaryAnnDVC
Hand sufficiently slapped, thank you. ;)

I don't think there's so much "looking for things to complain about", glo, as trying to figure out the DIS rules, since they seem to be so sporadically enforced. (I would think that anyone who doesn't understand the specifics would only benefit from your imparting this information...in a nice way, of course.) For example, there's a thread on the W.I.S.H. board about someone's DD being in the hospital. It doesn't appear to be diet related, but it does appear that that is where this person posts mostly?? (I'm not sure.) So, it seems as if that should be moved to the Community Board, and not stay where it is; it is not a thread that was "missed" by moderators, as moderators have posted to it. So are personal threads such as this (and I do feel for this person...I've had a hospitalized child myself) given special consideration and allowed to stay at the board where the person posts (ie, a hospitalized child of someone who posts primarily on the Cruise Board?). Just an example.

Thank you. :)

<b><font color=red>Yes, I posted to it. But when I posted, I didn't think of it as a post that needed to be moved, I looked at it as a WISHer who was going through a stressful time and trying to keep on track with her diet. Support is what the WISH Board is about. She joined WISH and has every right to come to us for support. The objective is to succeed and find support in good times as well as difficult times. I will ask the WISHer's to be more clear in the future on their post's to avoid any future confusion, athough all of us who are struggling each day, already know.</font></b>

Dan, the rules have never been changed......by the administrators.

I have an idea. Could we have a tampon exchange board? I'm thinking those who are done with menopause could pass their preferably unused ;) tampons onto the younger set. It might even get some of the young daughters willing to try tampons since they came from a DIS exchange.

If we had just a menopause board that might be unfair to those who are pregnant or those just starting out on their travels as a woman. Maybe we could have a "Life Cycles" board with suitable sub-boards: menopause, menstruation, pregnancy, mid-life crises (with hair plugs as another sub-category).

Oh the possibilities! LOL

I'd volunteer to moderate the perimenopausal board, aka "See Jane Face Middle Age". I can see the topics now:

-Do you recognize yourself in a three way mirror anymore?

-I found my first grey hair!

-The stick shows a + sign! Hey, I thought I was too old to get pregnant!

-I found my first grey hair but it came out of my chin!

-Attending your 20th high school reunion

-I'm leaving my husband for the pool boy!

-I used my rowing machine last night and now I have to go to the chiropractor!

(doesn't this board sound like a joy? :p Who will join me in the fun?)

Somewhere between page 1 and page 7, this thread seems to have been hijacked. Things sure do move quickly here on the CB (assuming that this thread is still actually on the CB).

Does anyone know if we are allowed to mention DIScon on the CB??? :teeth:

BTW - I agree with everything that has been posted.

Good question Towncrier....are we allowed to mention DIS Sponsor mugs...of which I still haven't received? I guess it's safe to at least mention I'm not getting one at this point! :p

Snoops, Don't forget the topic:

"I need a magnifying mirror to put on my make-up" for losing the short distance eyesight!

(Thanks tf, I can be pretty witty IRL, but I'm not that good with a keyboard.)

It didn't take me 7 pages to find the answer to the original question:

You can post whatever you want on the CB - there's just no guarantee that it'll stay there. ;)

Originally posted by Towncrier
Blondie - I think that topic is covered on the DIS Site Sponsors Board.

Oh, I'm well aware of the Site Sponsor's Board, but rarely, if ever visit because there's nothing new to report except that I'm still waiting for that mug.

Maybe it's being hand delivered, as in walked from Florida to Virginia? Yeah...that explains it! ;) :p

OK. I've been watching this thread since early this morning and I have to say that I think the Community Board should be open to anybody that wants to say anything about anything!!!!:) Even if it takes 7 pages to read through one day, so what! Then read through 7 pages! I look at the posters of a thread and decide if I want to read it or not. Sometimes I can go through a whole page without reading anything on it!:confused: If the mods of this board can't take the heat.... well then get "out of the kitchen"!!!!
Thanks for your time.
Scott:sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter