• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What actually can be posted on the CB??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember whenever I would "check into" the DIS first thing in the morning, I would have to read in about 4 - 5 pages to see where I had left off the evening before. When I check in now, it only takes me 2 pages, tops!:eek: I was under the assumption that the CB's usage had gone DOWN, not up. :confused:

Just an observation.....please don't attack!;)

Originally posted by Big V
OK. I've been watching this thread since early this morning and I have to say that I think the Community Board should be open to anybody that wants to say anything about anything!!!!:) Even if it takes 7 pages to read through one day, so what! Then read through 7 pages! I look at the posters of a thread and decide if I want to read it or not. Sometimes I can go through a whole page without reading anything on it!:confused: If the mods of this board can't take the heat.... well then get "out of the kitchen"!!!!
Thanks for your time.
Scott:sunny:

Well that would certainly fit the definition of "Community" Board wouldn't it? :) :)

(I like your thinking)

Gee thanks Scott, how friendly and community-minded of you. :rolleyes:

But the last time I looked it was the administration that determined what was allowed for each board and NEVER an individual moderator.
CC

If the mods of this board can't take the heat.... well then get "out of the kitchen"!!!!
Thanks for your time.
Scott
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I like your thinking)

<font color=navy>I'd have to disagree with that comment and some of the others. In fact, I think that one was rather unkind, especially when I know that the mods on this board really care, and try their best to do the right thing, despite the fact that they get comments like this, and others from backseat drivers who like to tell them how to do their job.

I'll keep the rest of my comments to myself. :)

sorry ... but I have a ? and this probably is not the correct thread so please just tell me if it needs to go somewhere else..

If there is to be a "meet" board.. can announcements of upcoming meets be made on the CB? please..
ya never know us folks in the Bay area just may gather someday..... I would never know to go to the "meet board" otherwise...

so sorry dan... I know it was totally off topic....

but to quote Clairee in Steel Magnolias....

"Things were getting entirely too serious around here" ;)

Joan, your question is about the question asked so no worries! :) You can post about the meets here with a direction to the thread on the meets board.

Serious? And here I was thinking every Friday was a full moon now!! ;)
CC

I say we have a free for all day. Let people post whatever the heck they want and maybe then they won't complain about the mods anymore. And yes I know that they make mistakes their people. I've even seen some of them breathe and it wasn't fire!;) :p

Managed to read through this WHOLE thing. Now I am ....

BACKING OUT QUICKLY!!! :p

kejoda, maybe you're on to something there......

Free for all day, say what you want to people, about people with NO moderating, no protecting anyone's feelings.......I'm sure everyone will love that!!! ;) But then you're right, maybe they will stop complaining. :)
CC

Just give me time to get my drinks and legal snacks in oder CC.;) :p

Originally posted by WebmasterCathyCanada
kejoda, maybe you're on to something there......

Free for all day, say what you want to people, about people with NO moderating, no protecting anyone's feelings.......I'm sure everyone will love that!!! ;) But then you're right, maybe they will stop complaining. :)
CC

I've seen unmoderated boards, there are plenty out there to choose from.....sure a free day off from post reports, mediating misunderstandings, helping out people who have requests....Anything goes, I know everyone would like that, no one would be upset right? Many days I would like the break:D

Originally posted by Poohbear123
Boy, did YOU open UP a Can of WORMS!!!:eek: :rolleyes: ;)
Faith, I asked a pretty simple question, what can be posted here, or maybe better, what can't be posted here. Apparently I am not the only one who was, and remains, confused.
confused-smiley-009.gif

Dan, why do you keep saying that? It's not rocket science. Check the Main Board page and see the topics listed and if your post is among those listed, post it there!

I thought you were serious when you said there are many more important things going on in the world than where a post should be, but judging by this post and your repeated replies that "others feel the same", I guess you didn't mean it or you would have moved on.

And let's not get started on how things were when you were a moderator, we've been down that road way too many times. In case others were wondering, I clarified how the guidelines are made, not by moderators, but by administrators. You're a good man, Dan, but I seriously think you need to move on here.
Just my 2 cents.
CC

Originally posted by WebmasterCathyCanada
CC

--------------------------------

Oh puhleeeeezzzzz.. I can think of at least two particular posters on the CB right off the top of my head that ALWAYS "take a beating" when they post here - and it goes on for page after page after page - day after day after day...

I'm sure being a moderator isn't an easy job, but implying that the job is done "so" well that everyone's feelings are "protected" is a little over the top..

Dan asked a simple, sincere question.. He received a sarcastic reply - and was then labeled a "whiner and groaner"...

Please - carry on with your "moderating and protecting everyone's feelings" - but you all might want to throw in a dash of consistency as well..

I've seen unmoderated boards, there are plenty out there to choose from

Oh yes!!! Anyone who thinks it's been bad around here from time to time needs to visit an unmoderated NFL board during football season ;)

O.K Dan here are the rules.
1. The community board is for posting things that aren't covered on the other boards.
2. The moderators may at their option move anything that they feel is more appropriate to the board that they feel is more appropriate.
3. The moderators of the community board or any other board may elect at their discretion to leave a post, notwithstanding rule 2 if they feel it is in the best interest of that particular board and/or the DIS as a whole.
4. All judgement of the moderators are subject to review by the webmasters unless the moderator is a webmaster and then they can review it themselfs unless another webmaster disagrees with them.
5. All judgements of the webmasters are subject to review by Pete because he pays the bills and owns the place.
6. Pete's judgements are NOT subject to review, see rule number 5
7. If a poster feels a post was moved in error they may feel free to email a moderator.
8 If they don't like that answer they can email a webmaster
9 If they don't like that answer they can email Pete
10 If they don't like that answer they are out of options.

Please note the use of the word discretion, the moderators are individuals and are allowed to think.

I hope that is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter