What actually can be posted on the CB??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if people would put things on the right boards, and followed the rule, then we would meet lots of new people, and also see all the regulars everywhere...You would see CBers over on the resort board, budget board, flower board, if everything was utilized properly. Sometimes we get so familiar with something, we ignore and overlook all the wonderful other things offered.

Think of it as broadeneing your horizons...

I have a qusetion.
I want to ask about weather,heat at different times of the year at WDW.

What board is the correct board to ask that question?

LOL

So a question about gardening is not ok on the CB, but a whole diatribe about how to get a young girl to use tampons (of which alot of that post has TMI TMI TMI!) is ok?

LOL Alex, I SO would not want your WM job. LOL

Jipsy, we haven't yet put the new TMI board into effect..... :teeth:

(although I definately see a need for one on some days! :p )

jipsy..I may agree that it is TMI about the tampons, but there is a gardening board on the DIS, and as of yet we do not have a tampon board, so yes that is right.

as of yet we do not have a tampon board

bwahahahahahahaha well hey, Alex doesn't have much to do, let him create that ;)

Fleurdelise... you have a couple of choices.. resorts or theme parks would be your best bets.
There isn't always one "right" answer.
For all of those who want their "friends" to see their posts you are free to PM them and point them to the thread.
Yesterday there were 3 and a half pages of new threads on the community board including a lot of threads that were barely looked at. This board is NOT just for people to post things for their "friends" to comment on it is for everyone on the DIS, new and old. The biggest complaint we recieve about this board is that it is too much of a clique and if you are not a member of the "in" crowd you get ignored. I can't begin to tell you how many people have said they are scared to post here.
As for "what can be posted here" I thought I had made that pretty clear but apperantly not. The answer is simple, use common sense. If you are posting a thread on recipe's try the recipe board. If you would like to know Park hours theme parks would be a good place. If you do post on the wrong board a moderator may or may not choose to move it. Either way it's ok.
You could look at it as an opportunity to explore some new boards! You might see something interesting.

Originally posted by glo
I just wish everyone would think of it that way, and stop looking for things to complain about. We really all have a better time when there is not so much moaning and groaning. It really does not accomplish anything, and it only serves to create a negative atmosphere. It just seems trivial with everything happening in our lives and the world, that moved posts would be so important.
Hand sufficiently slapped, thank you. ;)

I don't think there's so much "looking for things to complain about", glo, as trying to figure out the DIS rules, since they seem to be so sporadically enforced. (I would think that anyone who doesn't understand the specifics would only benefit from your imparting this information...in a nice way, of course.) For example, there's a thread on the W.I.S.H. board about someone's DD being in the hospital. It doesn't appear to be diet related, but it does appear that that is where this person posts mostly?? (I'm not sure.) So, it seems as if that should be moved to the Community Board, and not stay where it is; it is not a thread that was "missed" by moderators, as moderators have posted to it. So are personal threads such as this (and I do feel for this person...I've had a hospitalized child myself) given special consideration and allowed to stay at the board where the person posts (ie, a hospitalized child of someone who posts primarily on the Cruise Board?). Just an example.

Thank you. :)

Originally posted by WebmasterAlex
If you do post on the wrong board a moderator may or may not choose to move it. Either way it's ok.
Ah! Now I get it. ;)

I think Dan said it best in his original post asking about the move. <b> Aren't there more important things to worry about in this world??</b>

:rolleyes:

And Dan, the moderating rules have always been the same. Whether or not they were enforced may be another thing, but if a question was asked that was related to one of our topic boards, it has always belonged on that board. It doesn't get to go on a certain board just because it will "get more traffic there". Out of respect for all of our hard-working moderators, it should be put where it belongs. If the mods miss something and it really bothers you that it is on the wrong board, by all means report it.

You just can't please all the people, all the time......
CC

Just a FYI.
I don't belong to any "clique" here. I feel like I am friends with many, many people on the CB. I know there are cliques here--even though I denied it for almostthe entire time I have been here. I saw those cliques very evident when the DISoscars was held(or whatever they were called)--that really opened my eyes.
However, I still think it should be OK to ask a group here a question that interests me instead of going to another board. (I don't think one should make a habit of it but I do think every once in a while, when going to WDW I should be able to ask this board a question. When I said "my friends" I meant the board as my friends as that is the way I feel about the CB in general. I would NOT be looking for only certain people on the board to answer my question---it would be a question posed for all the CB.

Oh well. I do understand what you are saying and I am really not trying to be difficult about it. I just think it is unfair to not be able to post a question to this board when I know these people go to WDW so often and I trust their opinions about WDW more so than I do sometimes on the TP&S board because of the relationship I have with the people here.

Thanks for answering Alex and thanks for your hard work on these boards.

You are welcome MaryAnnDVC...There is one moderator on the WISH board. The rest of us are posters there. It is a very popular board right now, and maybe it was overlooked. The other thing, is we are all adults here, and if you want to go and look at all the boards go ahead, but the complaint was made about this board not the others. Most moderators have families, jobs and lives to live and do not sit in front of the computer all day. This is a fun thing, not a job that we are paid for... I am sorry, I think it has been said over and over again on this thread. If it doesn't belong here, and someone cathces it, then it will be moved.

Buck, I am sorry you felt that way about the DIScars...they were meant to be fun, and eliviate some of the stress and bad feelings...again, they meant nothing, and no one got anything for them. They were meant to make people laugh and not be taken seriously...

I think its up to the Webmasters/ Moderators of the individual board regarding moving threads, when we see it we will move it. If posters see something out of place or have a problem with a thread USE THE REPORT TO THE MODERATOR FEATURE!!! There are 9 of us moderating this board, we are all on at different times as our schedules permit. There is a much better chance of a quicker reaction by us by sending a e via the report feature, a pm to an individual mod is counterproductive..it may not get seen for quite a while and the 9 of us do function as a team here. This bears repeating, CB is a massive and extremely busy place...I truely feel bad for people whose threads get buried on page two in an hour or two. It is our intention to place threads both were they belong and also where they will receive the proper attention based on the thread and Board topic.

I can understand that Bren, but my problem is how fast the CB moves, some days it gets up to 7 pages long. If someone is really in need of an answer to a question, or is hurting and needs prayers, I have a problem with questions that could (and should) be posted on the correct boards, taking up space here? That is not fair to all posters and only fair to a few if we allow that.

Alex is being flip about whether or not we "choose" to move it :rolleyes: (surprise, surprise). There are sometimes extenuating circumstances, but I really don't think this is worth anyone getting their knickers in a twist.
CC

Originally posted by WebmasterCathyCanada
Alex is being flip about whether or not we "choose" to move it :rolleyes: (surprise, surprise). There are sometimes extenuating circumstances, but I really don't think this is worth anyone getting their knickers in a twist.
CC
Just checked...knickers are fine, thank you. ;)

what if you don't wear knickers?

;)

TMI TMI!!!!!! I'm moving this to the Tampo.......oops never mind!! :p ;) :p ;)
CC

If you are dishing out new boards I want to put in for a Corn Board. (with a sub Emu board) I'm am sure Willy will second that.

SSB is corn cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter