What age and one memory of first time at Disney

My first trip to DL was when I was 3......don't really remember that one.
The first real memory was at DL when I was about 5......riding Dumbo and my hat blew off and into the water.

I went to Disney for the first time when I was 12 and I remember being over by Space Mountain, sitting on a bench. A bird flew over me and pooped on my head and I went to the restroom, wiped it off with water and went back out there. I knew since I lived in TX, I wouldn't be coming back anytime soon. I was having so much fun that I wasn't about to go to the hotel and shower just yet lol. Looking back now, it grosses me out haha.

WDW-1975-watching the fireworks from our room at the poly-I am pretty sure it's the CL rooms now. My moms cousins son and I (we were both 3 1/2) were watching with our moms while our older sisters were at the MK with our dads and I swear my mother pulled the curtain shut before the fireworks were over.

DL-1977-space mountain was an experience, I think I was a bit nervous after but I did it. The boats around the castle-???its a small world??? And the bigger drops on Pirates.

First trip DLR: 9 yrs. old, walked across the drawbridge to the castle and Jiminy Cricket was singing "When You Wish Upon A Star"...magic.:tinker:

First trip WDW: 23 yrs old, married. We had moved to Miami and DW wanted to take a weekend to go to WDW. I balked, believing that WDW would just be a crummy knock-off of the real deal Disneyland. Walked under the Main St. train depot, saw the castle and...:faint:...magic again:smickey:

I don't have many clear memories of my first time at Disney. I know I was around 10 or 11 and our Aunts and Uncles took some of us to MK for the day. I have an emotional memory of it being very exciting and joyous but that's about it. I do recall being forced to go on Haunted Mansion against my will, lol. I was terrified, but my Aunt made me go on it and I ended up liking it.

I was 9 in 1987..."Fifteen Years...." I remember that song, getting sick and throwing up a bright pink strawberry milkshake right in front of the brand-new Captain EO, and one night driving back to the hotel pulling the handle on the rental car door and it flying open at highway speeds. I thought it was locked!

Hm, Disneyland probably around 1976 or so. I was about 5. We had come out to California to visit my grandparents and they took us to Disneyland. My mom has a picture of me with Mickey and I'm just red as his jacket crying my eyes out. Didn't like the giant mouse apparently.

I do remember getting all the way through the line for Space Mountain and then using the last chicken exit because I was too scared to go on it. My poor grandpa had to wait it out with me while everyone else rode.

It was 1990, I was 19 and went to WDW with my boyfriend and his family.

My first memory was coming into MK and seeing Pluto standing there for pictures. We waited in a short line, and while I stood by Pluto for a photo, that naughty dog reached down and grabbed my butt! :tongue:

BF and I became engaged later that day. :love:

I was 36 my first trip to WDW, so I have lots of memories. I remember a really hard rainstorm at AK. We got soaked and were having dinner at Rainforest Cafe. My shirt was not a quick drying type so I had to buy one at the restaurant gift shop because I was freezing! The kids had a great time, we met characters at Garden Grill ice cream social and breakfast at Crystal Palace, got a family photo with Mickey.

I went to Disney World (Magic Kingdom only) in 1980 when Epcot was being built. I wanted to go back for years but did not have the money or the time.

In the early 90s I went to Orlando on business many, many times. And learned about an annual pass and how to enjoy all the parks. The rest is history.

I was 21... not even gonna disclose the year :rotfl: I was like WOW this is great. I can't believe I waited this long. Stayed at Caribbean resort, first park we hit was MGM Studios the afternoon we arrived.

For me, it was March 1976 and I was 17. I went with my Dparents and Dtwin. My most vivid memory was eating dinner in the Contemporary after a long day at MK and watching the monorail go by. From that moment on, I was hooked on WDW, although I didn't go back until 1991 with my DH and 8 and 6yo DS's. I have made up for lost time as I am now at 20+ visits and almost always have another trip in the works!

I was 13 and WDW had just opened it was 1972. We went with some friends of the family who had a son the same age as I was. His parents always wanted to hook us up. I wasn't interested. They put us together on Its a small world and he spent the whole time trying to make-out and I was trying to keep him away from me. To this day I still hate Its a small world.

I was 13 and WDW had just opened it was 1972. We went with some friends of the family who had a son the same age as I was. His parents always wanted to hook us up. I wasn't interested. They put us together on Its a small world and he spent the whole time trying to make-out and I was trying to keep him away from me. To this day I still hate Its a small world.

find a pic and post it from that trip and you win

I has just turned 7 a few weeks before my grandparents took my sister and I in 1983, so I'm not sure if I remember everything correctly (from further research over the years, it doesn't seem like the timing works out quite right), but from what I remember:

Driving by Epcot and seeing the ball half-covered with the white tiles.

Was WDW set up so that you walked through the castle first thing instead of walking down main street like you do now? For some reason I seem to remember the castle being the "Entrance" into the rest of the park. Also, did the monorail used to go through the castle at any point in time?

Riding Peter Pan with my aunt and being terrified that I was going to fall out of the ship

Riding Haunted Mansion with my sister and my aunt who was a couple years older and freaking out that the ghost who hitched a ride at the end was TOUCHING ME!!! lol

Being terrified that the cars on the Skyway would fall off the track

My grandparents telling my aunt (she must have been in about 5th grade or so) that she couldn't ride Space Mountain - and her pouting.

The line for Dumbo was too long so we couldn't ride it. I have been back twice as an adult with my own kids and we still have never ridden it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter