What age and one memory of first time at Disney

My first trip was in May of 1984, when I was 6. I remember a lot of things, but a few things that stand out are falling while walking across the Barrel Bridge on Tom Sawyer Island and getting wet; falling in love with the Imagination pavillion at Epcot, especially the rainbow corridor; the flashes of lightning at the top of that first incline on Spaceship Earth; and the feeling of that first big drop on Space Mountain. Having had been to Great America (now part of Six Flags) a few times prior, I remember being so impressed with the unique rides and how they were so different than typical theme park/carnival rides. The dark, omni-mover rides are still my favorite!

I was 19 in 1984. We went with DH's parents. I remember 20,000 leagues Under the Sea, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, MIL screaming on "If You Had Wings" because it was going too fast, and DFIL declaring he knew it looked cloudy outside and thought it was going to rain when he saw the rain/lightening/thunder in the Tiki Room during the show. :)

I was 38 and we took a bus from Clearwater to Epcot. Spent 6 hours at Epcot and caught the bus back to Clearwater. That was back in 1990.

61, and my most vivid memory is feeling like I was being assaulted by enraged orangutans with truncheons on Space Mountain.

My first trip was spring of 2005, and I was 33. My most vivid memory is of walking into Tomorrowland and just being blown away by how amazing everything looked. It felt like all my childhood wishes and dreams were coming true, in that moment. (I was seriously obsessed with Disney World as a kid - I used to go down to the travel agency and lie to them, in order to load up on brochures and booklets. Then I would take them home and imagine being there.)

Also, does anyone else remember when this bus used to pull up in front of Epcot? :)

BOtNacy.jpg

Summer of 1988. Epcot. I think I only remember the Figment attraction. I remember being disappointed with it. Now it's one of my favorite parks in Disney.

We had lived in Northern California for about 5 years (I was 10) when my parents told us they were driving the 5 youngest (of 8) to Disneyland once school got out for the summer. My oldest sister couldn't go at that time, so she flew my other sis down with her in August - I think this was 1964. The thing I really remember was someone walking past us dropped their ticket book. I ran, picked it up & handed it back to them. And the tuna boat! Chicken of the Sea.

10 years old in 1994. There are three very clear memories I have of that trip:

1) My cousin sliding down and off the seat on Splash Mountain. You can't even see her in the picture.

2) Same cousin hiding under the table at a character meal that was on a boat. She was afraid of the characters.

3) Same cousin hiding behind my dad on Haunted Mansion (while I LOVED the ride).

I was in WDW on opening day 1971 so I was eeeeek....15!
I remember my Mum buying me a gold Mickey charm which I still have on my charm bracelet ..he looks so different as he has a curled tail :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter