• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what airline is the most comfortable

CHIEF TONGA

Earning My Ears
First class excluded what airline is the most comfortable ie leg room , big seats, nobody sitting in your lap who wasnt invited ect.

I find SWA to be the most generous with the leg and seat room, the aisles are a little tight, probably cause the seats are wider.

I see you are from New York. Have you considered Jet Blue? I have heard nothing but wonderful things. All new aircraft, lots of legroom, individual TVs, etc. First Class operation with cheaper prices.

Other than Midwest, I think AA has the most legroom. Of course they have lost my luggage just about everytime I've flown with them... but it has always been found and delivered within 24 hours, often less.

Anne

Originally posted by ducklite
Other than Midwest, I think AA has the most legroom. Of course they have lost my luggage just about everytime I've flown with them... but it has always been found and delivered within 24 hours, often less.

Anne

UGH!!! This is not what I wanted to hear!!! I'm flying AA in 13 days. This will be my third time in an airplane. First time on AA. I'm paranoid about them losing our luggage. :( Tempted to stuff everything into our carryons.

Do NOT stuff everything into carryons. Since 9/11, they have become very strict with how much you can carry on board with you. In your carry on put a change of clothes for each person, plus essential toiletries, something to sleep in if you choose, and a bathing suit if you are going to a warm climate. Also include your camera(s), laptops, jewelry, medications and any other irreplacable items. This shouldn't be more than a tote bag or small gym bag's worth of stuff. The rest gets checked. With bag matching the chances of your bag no arriving with you has greatly decreased. Even if it doesn't arrive with you, it generally will show up on the next flight and they'll deliver it right to your hotel.

I've flown over 1M miles. I've had one bag go astray never to be found again (Untied, and I think it was pinched, as it was labeled inside and out with a paint pen), probably betwee 1-20 times the bag didn't arrive with me and was delivered within 24 hours (pretty much every carrier, United and AA seem to be the worst offenders for that), and once that a bag was ruined because someone packed soda in a bag, it leaked during flight, gooed all over and into my nylon bag, ruining clothes and bag alike (again, Untied). But when you htink about it, the odds are really very good that your bag will arrive with you. As far as things being ruined, other than aforementioned soda incident, I can only think of once, and it was my fault. On my way out the door I slipped a bottle of nail polish into a ziplock bag, and then into the front pocket of the bag. I meant to pack it either into my carryon or the inside of the bag before I checked it, but forgot. It ended up cracking. It made a small hole in the ziplock, but luckily very little spilled, and none left the pocket.

Anne

Do NOT stuff everything into carryons. Since 9/11, they have become very strict with how much you can carry on board with you. In your carry on put a change of clothes for each person, plus essential toiletries, something to sleep in if you choose, and a bathing suit if you are going to a warm climate. Also include your camera(s), laptops, jewelry, medications and any other irreplacable items. This shouldn't be more than a tote bag or small gym bag's worth of stuff. The rest gets checked. With bag matching the chances of your bag no arriving with you has greatly decreased. Even if it doesn't arrive with you, it generally will show up on the next flight and they'll deliver it right to your hotel.

I've flown over 1M miles. I've had one bag go astray never to be found again (Untied, and I think it was pinched, as it was labeled inside and out with a paint pen), probably between 10-20 times the bag didn't arrive with me and was delivered within 24 hours (pretty much every carrier, United and AA seem to be the worst offenders for that), and once that a bag was ruined because someone packed soda in a bag, it leaked during flight, gooed all over and into my nylon bag, ruining clothes and bag alike (again, Untied). But when you htink about it, the odds are really very good that your bag will arrive with you. As far as things being ruined, other than aforementioned soda incident, I can only think of once, and it was my fault. On my way out the door I slipped a bottle of nail polish into a ziplock bag, and then into the front pocket of the bag. I meant to pack it either into my carryon or the inside of the bag before I checked it, but forgot. It ended up cracking. It made a small hole in the ziplock, but luckily very little spilled, and none left the pocket.

Anne

american is advertised as more leg room and wider seats.

I just put a link on my thread asking about different seat dimensions. It is a chart comparing different airlines seat width and pitch. It also talks about the worst offenders for losing luggage, and safety. I'll bump it up for you!

Holly

I would have to cast my vote for American too.
United's economy plus section is nice, and they have been kind enough to upgrade me there many times, but on American ALL of the coach seats have extra legroom. That is why, if given the choice, I would take them over ATA. They have lost our luggage two or three times too (yes, it did find its way home eventually), but they also handled another issue for us in an admirable manner so that really balanced out the problems.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We prefer not to fly Northwest Airlines because they do not show movies on their flights. This can make for a pretty long boring flight from the West Coast.

I have flown American on 6 occassions. Yes, the legroom is nice, but, when you are squashed between two people it does not seem that the seats are any too wide. :(
I am not a particularly large person and usually find the seats on most planes to be adequate, it is the lack of leg room in most planes ( I have very long legs) that bothers me. I find that SWA accomodates my legs better than most and the seat has lots of room on both sides of my bottom.
When I fly Delta, I always ask for exit row as it is the only row where I can actually cross my legs without discomfort.

I haven't flown Midwest Express yet (scheduled to do so in April), but I've researched them and found out that (1) the seats are bigger than typical coach seating, and (2) there are only 2 seats on each side of the aisle, so no one is stuck in the god-awful middle seat.

I saw a report on MWE (on 20/20 or some such news type program) where they took a hidden camera onto a MWE flight and onto a similar flight with another airlines (think it was Delta, but I honestly can't remember) ... the amount of leg room MWE has over the other airline was incredible.

I have to fly out of either Akron or Cleveland. This trip I just took whatever was cheapest. I am getting Delta/comair then a Delta 777 from ATL to MCO. Then we are flying Airtran back. (never been on this one) Anyway I use to fly Delta Express out of Columbus. That is the most cramped plane...I would get claustrophobic. I just wish they would make comfortable planes a reasonable prices. I hate paying first class prices. Oh and another vote for Southwest.

Another vote for SW :) . At 6'5" DH usually tries to get the front or exit row to accommodate his long legs. We would prefer not to fly Delta again for their lack of leg and seat room.

Has anyone flown Midwest Express out of the D.C. airports? I can't get anything to come up on their website and I'm wondering how the prices and schedules compare.

They don't have direct flights from DC to Orlando. Looks like you'd have to call them to see if you could fly via Milwaukee ... doesn't seem like that would be worth it from DC. I'm willing to fly MWE via Milwaukee from California to Orlando or DC, cuz frankly it's basically on the way & I'd have to layover somewhere anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter