• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what airline is the most comfortable

I was on a project in LA last year which required me to fly from ROC to LAX every 2-3 weeks for about 6 months. During that time, I flew USAir, American, and Jet Blue (ROC has a limited number of airlines). My vote goes to American for comfort. I'm not big (5'8") so I usually don't have any problems w/legroom, but the American seats on their larger planes are just sooo comfy. Plus they have this cool head cusion on each seat that you can wrap into a U shape so that you can nod off and rest your head on something other than the shoulder of the passenger next to you. Helpful when this other person isn't traveling w/you! Now if only they could help with the drool...

Jet Blue is a close second, but I give the nod to AA as they have taken rows out and there is more room when you go in/out of your carryone under the seat in front of you and when the seat in front reclines. TV's in every seat w/Jet Blue is a major plus.

I think that the key is not which airline is more comfortable, but which aircraft is more comfortable. For example, I am comfortable on a Delta 767 but not a Delta MD-88.

I'm going to Disney in March. This was supposed to be a budget trip, but I'm not going to skimp on being comfortable. I could have flown more cheaply out of Lansing on NWA, USAir or Continental, but I feel they just don't have the concern for the comfort of their passengers that MWE has proven THEY have in the past. So, from now on when I fly, I'm going to be a loyal passenger of MWE until they give me a reason not to be.

Sure, it's about $100.00 more than other flights and I have to drive to Grand Rapids to catch a puddle jumper to skip across the pond, (Lake Michigan) but it'll be worth it to me to sit in what amounts to a first class seat with ample leg and elbow room, a palatable meal on real china using cloth napkins (last time I flew it was chicken and shrimp w/salad & roll and those lovely, warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies!), complementary glass of wine (red or white) with dinner AND TWO, count 'em, TWO! cans of pop or water if I wanted.

As far as I'm concerned, all the other airlines can offer me is a squished seat and a bag of pretzels. If all you're looking for is a bus to Florida, by all means take the discounted seats. For myself, it's a matter of a pleasant journey being just as important as the destination. With MWE I can fly First Class w/o paying First Class prices.

(WOW! :eek: Did that sound like an ad or what?) :D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter