What are your weird eating habbits?

I enjoy ketchup and mustard sandwiches. Also Miracle Whip sandwiches. I drink the remaining pickle/olive/cherry juice when the contents of the jar are finished. I salt my apples and oranges as well as melon.

I have eaten Miracle Whip sandwiches since I was little. My mom used to pack them in my lunchbox. Nothing better than Miracle Whip on some fresh Wonder Bread lol.

All of my boys seem to enjoy peanut butter and sweet relish sandwiches. I have no idea where they found this atrocity and I really have no idea how they find it appetizing but somehow they do.

I loved cut up lemons (like quarters/slices) with salt since I was a child. I eat them like you would an orange. So yummy, super healthy, and my teeth were all sealed so the enamel is still ok.

OP - fun thread. I love hearing people's weird food stuff.

norm for me but some find them weird-

a day rarely if never passes that i don't eat fresh tomatoes

i eat asparagus and beets at least once per day but usually twice

i eat brussel sprouts 2-3 times per week

i eat pizza with a fork and apples cut up (throwback to having braces)

All of my boys seem to enjoy peanut butter and sweet relish sandwiches. I have no idea where they found this atrocity and I really have no idea how they find it appetizing but somehow they do.

i had a co-worker whose dh and ds ate for breakfast, everyday, heated white rice drenched with ranch dressing:crazy2::crazy2:. she said it made her gag so she would just set up the rice cooker the nite before and avoid the kitchen in the morning.

Ketchup in my oyster stew
Dip my plain Lays potato chips in mustard
Put mustard on my scrambled eggs
Dip my popcorn in queso

I have several that people feel the need to comment on...
  • Hate ketchup in more ways than one can imagine. I get so mad when it comes on a plate in a restaurant with fries. Almost like it could possibly destroy the integrity of my meal or possibly touch something I want to eat. Strangely, despite my aversion to ketchup - I love tomatoes and spaghetti sauce.
  • Dip my fries usually in mustard. But I have been known to use blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, or barbecue sauce.
  • Eat my least favorite part of the meal first and then save the good stuff for last.
  • Eat broken chips first and save whole for last.
  • I love goldfish crackers on chili. I feel like it combines the cheese and the oyster crackers into 1 step. Although, I still put more cheese on. I have my Mom buying them for chili and eating it that way now too.

I can not drink a cold drink with a warm meal. I can drink it after or before just fine but if I drink during it during the warm meal doesn't taste quite the same after the drink.

I use Italian salad dressing on my turkey at Thanksgiving like its gravy.
I hate all condiments...ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc. @KPeterso I also like tomatoes and tomatoe sauce, but hate ketchup.

Where are you eating? I've never gotten a burger that didn't have the condiments on top unless they were served on the side.

I think most sit down restaurants I go to ( that I would order a burger at)are like that. Red Robin, Green Turtle, well those are the only ones I can think of right now. lol

Oh and this is one I got from DBF, ham with a side of horseradish mixed with Worcester to dip it in. Ham tastes so plain without it now.

When I was a kid and had to take a lunch to school (very seldom, mostly came home for lunch) and didn't like meat sandwiches. So I made potato chip sandwiches. Two slices of bread with potato chips in between. No butter, no cheese, no nothing else.

I can only think of 2 that Dh thinks are weird....
I like NY Strip, but I cut the edge of gristle off mine before grilling, I will leave it on DH's. Due the same with pork chops.
As DH will say "stop washing the ground beef". So after I brown up ground beef and drain off the fat, I add a little water to the pan, slosh it around to get all the fat off.

I dip my potato chips in my baked beans instead of using a spoon. When I was little we kids all used to eat Mayo and sugar sandwiches. I was a fan of pickled beet sandwiches, just layer the pickled beets on the white bread with mayo. My mom and I like tomato sandwiches, a think layer of juicy, beefsteak tomato on white bread with mayo and lots of salt and peper. We kids also used to make our PB&J with a layer of potato chips inside. Last, but not least, my brother and I mixed our peas into our applesauce and called it Green Martians in Fog. We ate it that way for years.

Ironically, several things other people ate that seemed weird to me are now pretty standard like, dipping carrots in peanut butter, ranch dressing on fries or ranch dressing on pizza. I also always mix mayo and bbq sauce for any bbq meat and the fries. I think I got that from Red Robin.

Not really a “habit”, but I do not eat Wendy’s hamburgers simply because they are square. They sure smell good though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter