• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What classic movie should have a ride in DL?

toddbushman

Mouseketeer
Have you ever wondered why your favorite classic Disney movie didn't get a ride at DL? I mean Gadget's Go Coaster got a ride and how many people even know who Gadget is? I know there isn't room for a ride for every movie, but when Honey I Shrunk the Kids gets a movie, or A Bug's Life gets a whole land I wonder why others can't get some love...

I always thought there should be a Robin Hood dark ride or a Bedknobs and Broomsticks ride focused on the island of Naboombo (sp?), or even a Jungle Book dark ride. And how does Mary Poppins not get anything more than a character greeting? (Don't get me wrong I love that Mary, Bert, Baloo, etc... have characters at DL, but why doesn't Robin Hood, Lady and the Tramp, Bambi etc... even get this courtesy?

Basically my question is if you could add a classic movie ride which movie would it be and what would the ride be?

My choice would be Bedknobs and Broomsticks where you ride Brass Bed cars to the island of Naboombo with the songs "Substitutiary Locomotion", and one of my all time favorite, "The Age of Not Believing" (probably too slow for a dark ride, but I love the thought that the song was written as a tribute to the recently deceased Walt Disney and symbolized the fact that Disney would have to move on without its beloved founder). Perhaps it could start with finding the book and magic words on Portobello Road and then magically transport you to the island of Naboombo where you try and reclaim the Star of Astoroth before returning to route the German invaders with the Substitutiary Locomotion spell and a whole lot of armor.

Thought it might be interesting to hear the creative side of people on what rides should be there (perhaps replacing HISTA, Mulholland Madness, Innoventions, etc..., but that's a whole other topic...).

My choice would be Bedknobs and Broomsticks where you ride Brass Bed cars to the island of Naboombo with the songs "Substitutiary Locomotion", and one of my all time favorite, "The Age of Not Believing" (probably too slow for a dark ride, but I love the thought that the song was written as a tribute to the recently deceased Walt Disney and symbolized the fact that Disney would have to move on without its beloved founder). Perhaps it could start with finding the book and magic words on Portobello Road and then magically transport you to the island of Naboombo where you try and reclaim the Star of Astoroth before returning to route the German invaders with the Substitutiary Locomotion spell and a whole lot of armor.

So funny that you mention that, because we were just watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks the day before yesterday and all I could do was sit there and think "I wonder why there has never been anything to do with this move in DL...." :confused3

I happen to like a lot of the older movies, Cinderella, Mary Poppins, Lady & the Tramp, The Aristocats, Jungle Book, Three Caballeros. And I would have thought that since Snow White was so important to Disney, being the first animated movie, that it would have a more prominent spot in the park than just a dark ride.

I've always wanted a Little Mermaid ride, so I'm happy about that. I always thought they should put that in the Sub ride. But now I'm happy it will be a big omnimover ride. Next should be a Beauty and the Beast ride done the same way. :thumbsup2

I've always wanted a Little Mermaid ride, so I'm happy about that. I always thought they should put that in the Sub ride. But now I'm happy it will be a big omnimover ride. Next should be a Beauty and the Beast ride done the same way. :thumbsup2

I instnatly thought Beauty and the Beast also. I also think Mary Poppins needs a ride. I also have never really like honey I shrunk the audience ride, and bugs life was never my fave movie, but the little land is pretty cute.

I instnatly thought Beauty and the Beast also. I also think Mary Poppins needs a ride. I also have never really like honey I shrunk the audience ride, and bugs life was never my fave movie, but the little land is pretty cute.

I like both of those when they first came out. HISTA is WAY past its time though. It looks old and dated. The bugs show is cute, but I know how it goes now so not as neat as when I first saw it. Still I would hate for that to leave unless they replaced it with a different cute bug show. The waiting area for that is pretty neat too. I do wish they would add a bug ride for us big kids though. I love the area, but nothing to do there.

What kind of ride would you make with Mary Poppins?

Although not old enough to be a classic, I would love a ride from Mulan, for the cultural diversity angle.....and i think it is a beautiful movie with a great moral.

Tinkerbell although a new movie. but she is a classic Disney staple and should get her own ride.

We need a stitch ride and i agree beauty and the beast ride for sure. I think Belle is the most popular princess even over Cinderella.

Tinkerbell although a new movie. but she is a classic Disney staple and should get her own ride.

We need a stitch ride and i agree beauty and the beast ride for sure. I think Belle is the most popular princess even over Cinderella.

She is getting her own dark ride(tink). Where the old motorboat cruise was wherever that is.

She is getting her own dark ride(tink). Where the old motorboat cruise was wherever that is.

Oh yes, I heard something about that. I remember the boat ride. It was like autotopia but with boats. Except I think you didn't really have to steer. In the early 90's they made it into a Gummi Bear ride when they did their Disney Afternoon theme around the park. They really didn't put much effort into that though. It was only a few plywood Gummi Bears placed here and there. Typical of Disney in the 90's.
I forget where you got on. I was thinking it was between the subs and autotopia, but I'm not sure. I didn't know they still had the water way for the boats still there.

Is that why that old motorboat area (now a smoking area) covered by refurb walls right now? First I heard of a Tink ride. I remember when it was themed Gummi Bears.

I would just love to see a Beauty and the Beast dark ride.

I always thought they should change autotopia to a "Cars" theme I also always thought they should add a sleeping beauty dark ride not just the castle walk through. that movie has lots of action and would make a great ride.

I never understood why there is no Cinderella ride. Since I was little, I've wanted to ride in Cinderellas carriage. They could easily do something where you ride around in a pumpkin carriage. Whether it be a dark ride, or even something as simplistic as a horse guiding little pumpkin carriages or even just going in a circle on the ground, I'm sure the little princess girls would all flock to get into the carriage and do their princess waves while going in a circle and it would be a great photo op. Yes, I know how boring that would be, and how the critics would whine at the lack of creativity it would take, but I still think it would be fun for little girls and it would be extremely easy to set up.

And I also think they could do something fun and creative with a Lion King Ride.

Howz about "Dr Strangelove"? We could pilot B-52s with the shadows of B-17s.....................No? (it was a thought) :rolleyes1

So funny that you mention that, because we were just watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks the day before yesterday and all I could do was sit there and think "I wonder why there has never been anything to do with this move in DL...." :confused3

I happen to like a lot of the older movies, Cinderella, Mary Poppins, Lady & the Tramp, The Aristocats, Jungle Book, Three Caballeros. And I would have thought that since Snow White was so important to Disney, being the first animated movie, that it would have a more prominent spot in the park than just a dark ride.

They have the Three Caballeros dark ride in Epcot inside the Mexican pavillion.

(mind you WDW)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter