What Disney Recipes have you tried?

Every Thanksgiving, I make the Sweet Potato Gratin and Tillamook/Maytag Mac N Cheese from Artist Point. A lot of work, but they are worth it.
I eat these every time we go there! :love:

Ohana's potatoes (soooo easy) and the Honey Lime dressing they use for the salad.... Yummm....:goodvibes

I tried to make the tonga toast.. didn't work well for me.

The curry chicken soup from boma was WONDERFUL!!!!! It was a HUGE hit!

Boma's Kool Slaai was great!

Norway's rice cream is something I make often that my mom and I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! it's SO easy to make, too.

I made the pork tenderloin w/mushrooms and polenta from CG; the pork & mushrooms turned out fantastic, the polenta, not so much...wrong consistency I think

I can't believe I don't have these cookbooks!! I remember someone saying they had a Food & Wine Fest. cookbook....I NEVER saw it there. Well, I'm on a mission this time...I'm NOT leaving w/o my own F&W Festival cookbook!! pirate:

Also, whoever said they made the french toast loaf on Christmas morning...THAT is an AWESOME idea!! :thumbsup2

I made school bread! It was kind of a pain at first but it turned out YUMMY!!!!

img4313fb0.jpg

Anyone else have pics of theirs??

That looks awesome!

I made a Chocolate Chocolate Crusted Key Lime Pie
from Grand Floridian Cafe.
http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/rec185.html

Also made the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellierhttp://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/rec74.html, but the kids complained. They didn't like the thought of beer in it and claimed they could never eat it again because they weren't 21. :rotfl2:

We have made the Pineapple Bread at O'Hana. It was good. However we hadn't actually tasted the O'Hana bread yet. I'd only read about it and got the recipe from Allearsnet. O'Hana's was much better.

We have also made the Frunch at Boma's. It was awesome. I'm going to have to make some today!

I frequently make the boboti from Boma. It makes a large 9 x 13 pan, so it's dinner and then dinner .. and then some. :)

all good stuff

I would love to do a Disney Dining themed night, only trouble is I would have to cook everything, all my friends think I am nuts.....nuts about Disney, they just don't understand:confused3

Ohana's potatoes (soooo easy) and the Honey Lime dressing they use for the salad.... Yummm....:goodvibes

both of these are favorites in my home. I also make the mango poppyseed dressing from the SOA. I am looking for the dressing found at the Flame Tree BBQ. I used the link provided in this thread and am hoping for a response.

Yesterday I made the cheddar cheese soup *Yummy* and the gourmet cookies from main street, again *yummy*.

This morning we are having french puffed toast from cindy's royal table, I have done this in the past and its fantastic.

What recipes have you tried and have worked, so you would recommend.
Which ones would you tell us to steer away from?

see ya soon
I made the Grapefruit Cake from The Hollywood Brown Derby. I actually entered it in our church's bake contest and took first prize. Yes, I told them it was Disneys recipe. LOL!

....the cheddar cheese soup from Le Cellier......didn't QUITE taste the same....:confused3 musta been the bowls....:rolleyes1

I've made LeCelleir's Cheddar Soup, O'Hanas Potatoes and Honey Lime Dressing, 50's Pot Roast and Smores, Funnel Cakes, Raglan Road's Dunbrody Kiss, Boma's Nut Crusted Chicken, Potatoes with Afritude and Pork Pepper Pot, They were all awesome! Next on my list is Boma's Sausage Biscuit Skillet and their Flank Steak. I've never been to Boma, but I would love to go some day - until then I'll have to live vicariously through their recipes. I love to cook and since it will be a long time until our next trip, the recipes it are a way to stay connected to the World.

My Cheddar Cheese soup di dnot turn out well. It was kind of greasy and maybe too floury. Anyway, I love it at Epcot, but not at home.

I made the pineapple bread and bana foster bread pudding from O'hana.

Both turned out awful :sick:

I've made the Fufu from Boma's which didn't turn out all that well. I probably didn't cut up the potatos enough. Also the Pumpkin Tarts from Garden View Lounge at the GF which are easy and turned out great.

I've also made the Coconut Tiramisu from Boma's several times. It's a challenging recipe because some ingredients just can't be found, like Gelatin sheets / leaves (only powdered seems to be out there), and Coconut puree. Plus the eggs are not cooked which scares me. So I've had to improvise and adjust accordingly. Now DH emphatically states that my version is better than Boma's! If you are interested in the modified recipe, PM me.

Looks like Boma's, Kona's, and O'hana's are the big favorites. Maybe Disney should produce a cookbook that are just those restaurants!

I forgot.. I also tried to make the tomato bisque from Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT ... I don't have a food processor though thought I could blend it and it looked AWFUL.. tasted ok but looked so bad nobody else would taste it.

You all got me in the mood for coconut curry chicken soup from BOMA so I made some last night. I went a bit too heavy on the honey:( (It is so hard the way they list measurements)... but it was wonderful... burnt tongue well worth it:)

I've made the Fufu from Boma's which didn't turn out all that well. I probably didn't cut up the potatos enough. Also the Pumpkin Tarts from Garden View Lounge at the GF which are easy and turned out great.

I've also made the Coconut Tiramisu from Boma's several times. It's a challenging recipe because some ingredients just can't be found, like Gelatin sheets / leaves (only powdered seems to be out there), and Coconut puree. Plus the eggs are not cooked which scares me. So I've had to improvise and adjust accordingly. Now DH emphatically states that my version is better than Boma's! If you are interested in the modified recipe, PM me.

Looks like Boma's, Kona's, and O'hana's are the big favorites. Maybe Disney should produce a cookbook that are just those restaurants!

Where did you get the recipe for pumpkin tarts? They sound great!:cloud9:

Where did you get the recipe for pumpkin tarts? They sound great!:cloud9:
I just asked the server for it when we are there. I've done this a few times and you just fill out a card with your request and email address and they will email it to you.

If you want the recipe, just PM me!

I tried the GG catfish which DH loves. It turned out ok but the coating was a bit too thick. I've printed out lots of other recipes from allears, but haven't tried any others yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter