What Do You Collect?

I collect metal license plates.
I have a full set of pre-opening plates for all four parks including the one they sold at the preview center in 1970.

I collect SOTMKC and all stickers around the parks, pins and anything Mickey mouse.. the older the better!!

Disney memorabilia, but no specific category. I'm just now really getting into it and prioritizing what I like.

Pins & pressed pennies - parks, resorts, events, rides. Small and easily displayed.

Home decor - I don't want my house to scream Disney, but I love knowing my shower curtain is from WDW. Kitchen things like an apron and Mickey glove oven mitts. I'm looking for a WDW style but smaller trash can. Stuff like that. I really like adding resort items to my house.

1482903_10153561351785646_85681044_n.jpg

We collect Disney Christmas tree ornaments and charms for a charm bracelet. Here are my fave 3 :goodvibes

On my most recent trip I started collecting Transportation cards...but only have the 3 bus cards. Hopefully we can go again soon to start trying to find more though!

Also have some Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards that I started collecting!

I collect the Magic Kingdom Guide maps that are handed out for free at the entrance to the park. You can see the collection here: Magic Kingdom Guide Maps

I have about 360 out of an estimated 480. (Between 1995 and 2002 they issued a new guide more or less each week...it adds up!).
(I also have a substantial collection of Epcot, AK, and MGM/HS guide maps as well, but I haven't cataloged those, and neither do I actively go after those)

Sooner or later Disney will stop handing the guide out as smartphones take over, but I think (hope!) that's still a ways away.

mkguide_1972_2x75.jpg

1975 - Rare and hard to find
mkguide_1975_2x75.jpg

1982 - 10th Anniversary Celebration
mkguide_1981_2x75.jpg

mkguide_1995_080695x75.jpg

1997 - remember this one?!
mkguide_1997_031097x75.jpg

2014 - Most current version
mkguide_2014_1114x75.jpg

I collect patriotic Disney pins- and, pressed pennies- and, Disney Christmas ornaments for my tree. Haha, so much fun, and hard to limit myself. Oh- Disney Mr. Potato Head parts. LOL.

I have a whole bunch of posters and DVD/Blu Ray discs, a good portion of which are Disney related. I've been gradually building a collection of character figures over the years and recently came across the 'Couture de Force' statues by Enesco - pretty cool design interpretations.

Oh, and also Funko Pops!

My DW & I collect many different Disney things. Pins, Animation Movies, & Art, which include animation cells, different kinds of figurines, and two of my personal favorites, a Walt Disney Company stock certificate & a 1979 MK park map for WDW. Both are framed and look amazing!!! IMO.

Pins are my passion. I have tendency to purchase anything that harkens back to Old school WDW. I have much posters and art from Adventureland especially the Tiki Room.:thumbsup2

On my most recent trip I started collecting Transportation cards...but only have the 3 bus cards. Hopefully we can go again soon to start trying to find more though!

Also have some Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards that I started collecting!
Took me two trips, but I was able to wrap that collection up. Lots and lots of running around, though. But it's definitely do-able. Good luck!

We collect a bit of everything! we have paintings from Ellenshaw, toby bluth, sylvatti etc...about 50 in all different sizes...some signed, some not. We have porcelain sets of different things like the Nemo set, Pirates of the Carribbean and smaller sets of everything else. We have seracells, plates, statues, lamps, totem poles, clocks and a few other things! it's been a blast!

I collect and trade disney pins. i also like to get the t-shirts from the year i go so i can remember.

I began (and completed for now) a Disney Fire Department related patch collection last January after visiting WDW. I am a volunteer firefighter and took a liking to the Reedy Creek Fire Department merchandise for sale online. I made this collage frame for my collection. I also included any Dis related patches I could find for sale or trade. :

IMG_2761.jpg

I also recently dove into the world of Disney Pin Collecting but boy is it expensive. If I let myself, I could easily spend a whole paycheck on pins so I make sure I limit myself to less than 5 per trip. Here is what I have so far (room for special categories) :

IMG_2762.jpg

I collect CM stuff (look book, event opening, etc). Anything with Dixie Landings on it & tiki inspired/polynesian.

I've been collecting Disney items my entire life. I collect whatever strikes me at the time. I have a pin collection that includes some of my cast member pins from the time I worked at Disneyland in the 90s. I have some Funko POPs that are Disney. I have plush Disney characters, books, toys, figurines, mugs and other kitchen items, etc. In the last several years my husband and I have started collecting artwork prints, especially those by Yakovetic. We have about ten prints, one is signed. We also have some older lithographs that my grandmother left to me that were purchased in the 1980s. We are starting to run out of wall space.

Pins,pins,pins. Been collecting since 2000 and stopped counting the total #s years ago..

Collect disney gift cards, hit #400 a few weeks ago
Dabble in vinyls and anything adventureland themed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter