What Do You Collect?

So last night I ordered a case of the new Funko Mystery Minis Frozen figures as well as a case of the Disney Series 2 figures. I've been moderately addicted to the Funko Pop vinyls for some time, but the whole generic black-eyed, mouthless, big-head look on every Pop has made me want to collect figures with unique physical and face designs.

As far as Disney goes, I collect Funko Pops and Mystery Minis. More than half of my Funko collection is Disney, but I also collect others that I like. I included my Marvel ones in pics, since Disney owns Marvel. I also just started collecting pins and I have a fair few Disney Hallmark Christmas ornaments. I own exactly one Jim Shore figure, but I'm resisting the urge to start collecting them. We'll see how long I hold out. Disney aside, I also collect Harry Potter stuff, Movies and I always buy a turtle of some sort on vacations. I need a bigger house! :)
IMG_4972.jpg
IMG_4989.jpg
IMG_4988.jpg
IMG_4985.jpg
IMG_4978.jpg
IMG_4979.jpg
IMG_4974.jpg

IMG_4975.jpg
IMG_4976.jpg
IMG_4977.jpg

I own exactly one Jim Shore figure, but I'm resisting the urge to start collecting them. We'll see how long I hold out.

His 'Disney Traditions' pieces really are works of art. I'm also trying to complete my Mystery Minis Disney and Frozen sets the old fashioned way without having to resort to ebay for individual figures.

I collect the SOTMK cards, movies, and I love collecting pins. I collect mainly Stitch, Winnie the Pooh, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and LE pins but I do have a few boxed sets I'm trying to complete.

I collect pins, but I'm slowly narrowing down my collection.

I'm looking to collect Disney Purses If anyone has any they are thinking of letting go :)

I collect pins. I decided I'd rather have one collection that I can really throw myself into, rather than collect ALL THE DISNEY THINGS (much as I might want to :thumbsup2). I don't have a big collection yet, but I love all the pins that I have and I've managed to get a couple of my Grail pins. After my next trip to Disney I'm thinking about doing a video to show my collection, since I know I love watching other people's videos about theirs! I think pin trading leads to cool stories about where the pins came from or what they mean to you, which is half the fun of collecting something, so I love to see people tell their stories and explain why they love a certain pin so much.

I have a small collection of Disney pins, which I intend to expand upon when I next visit one of the parks. I also have a Disney Fairies collection and a general Disney plush collection.

I collect the Disney LE Swarovski pins/brooches, and Disney Couture jewelry. I am just starting to collect Disney license plates. I really want the Wilderness Lodge license plate if anyone wants to part with theirs;)

Not really for myself, but for my 4 year old whose favorite movie is Cars.

We've got tons of the assorted Mattel and Disney Store Cars diecast toys. In addition to that there's toys from Planes and Planes Fire and Rescue. Perhaps they didn't go bonkers at the box office, but those two movies probably made a lot of money just in merchandising. In addition to that, there are the assorted other toys from Mattel as well as bath toys.

Now the one thing my kid keeps on asking for is Shopkins. Probably hears about them from the other preschool kids, as well as seeing various YouTube videos. I've looked for tham and have never seen anything but empty peg hooks.

What a great thread! So interesting to see everyone's collections, I've never heard of those funko pops before, they're amazing!

I collect Stitch plushes :) I've adored Stitch since the first time i saw the film, and have been collecting for about 10 years. I get such a buzz if I find one at a car boot sale or charity shop. However, as of yet I haven't managed to afford an actual trip to Disney :( one day lol.

I collect Disney watches. I have close to 200 Disney Watches and most are limited editions. It is harder to find them at WDW. I get most of them on e-bay now and most are cast member watches.

I collect Snow White. Had to start limiting collection to pre 1970 because I'm out of room, but some new items sneak in from time to time.

IMG_20150607_114716.jpg
Also have a respectable Disney book collection.

I collect Disney Pins, and I also enjoy meeting with like minded collectors on DCL cruises, because like BelleBriarRose, it's fun talking about pins and collections! I try to organize a meet on longer cruises.

I have decent sized vinyls collection but I fear they are on the disney chopping block. My DD is getting into pins now so I might move to trying to pick up the limited edition ones when I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter