What do you do if you have a bad cold the day you leave?

Do you do anything special leading up to the trip to try to prevent illness?

Eat well and get plenty of sleep. I know, easy to say and hard to do. Especially the sleep part. But getting good sleep is a key part of staying healthy.

I more or less do that stuff anyway, but if I have a big winter/cold season trip coming up I do try to be extra mindful of eating well in the weeks leading up to the trip. Not to be earthy/crunchy, but a happy gut = better primed immune system to fight off stuff that comes your way.

Yes!!

I would get a surgical mask to prevent spreading the germs to other people

Yes!! If you must travel/vacation sick please, please practice good hygiene. Wear a mask. Help save the vacation of those around you.

Vitamin C, OTC meds and lots of hand washing.

There’s no way I’m wearing a mask over a simple cold. I work in healthcare so i am around lots of sick people. I don’t even wear a mask at work.

I have 2 recommendations if you have a head cold or stuffiness. Saline nasal spray. You can use often (unlike OTC meds) and it clears and protects your nose. If flying buy earplanes. These are ear plugs for flying. On a non-Disney trip my DH had a head cold. 2 days after our arrival we were in ER. His plugged ears messed up his balance and he couldn’t even walk. Now we carry both every time we fly.
I agree about the "Earplanes" earplugs if you have to fly with a head cold. My first WDW trip, in the late 1980s, I had a cold and it caused really painful pressure in my ears during the flight, especially when the plane descended for landing. My ears were completely stopped up for three days afterward. You can also take a decongestant prior to the flight taking off, which helps with the pressure in your ears.

Ermergen C before u get there, while you're there and after. Learned the hard way. recovering from a nasty cold a day after my trip ended :( also saline drip works wonders for the runny nose.

Hand sanitizer as well, especially for the rides. I wonder why disney doesnt have my sanitation ststions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter