what do you prefer in a studio?

We like the set up of 1 Bed and a couch. The kids (of course) ALWAYS get the couch.. lol. I am too old (lol) for the couch....

DeerH

I prefer the 1 bed and couch combo. I like to have a sofa to sit on to watch tv. I am waitlisted for a studio for October for anywhere, but I am hoping for SSR first, then BWV, BCV, VWL or AKV and lastly OKW. I really did not care at all for the 2 bed setup.

I prefer one bed plus a couch. It is more comfortable and convenient for us and makes the room feel more open and spacious. I do wish the bed was a king rather than a queen and I wish there were nightstands on both sides of the bed.
Ditto!

Uh oh. Hope I haven't made a mistake going with a studio at AKV. (waitlisted for BWV because of AKV construction, but still same configuration) A friend and I are going there in December and I, naturally, will take the sofa bed. (Why we owners do that for our friends - I can't figure out:laughing: ) Anyway . . . I thought I would be comfortable on the couch since they have changed to the new sofa beds. I'm 5'6" and weigh about 135 (give or take 5 pounds;) ) What do you all think?

While I think OKW looks like a lovely resort, AKV, and even BWV, seems a little more exciting. :confused3

Love the couch, just wish there were two night stands.

(Hmm...a woodworking project springs to mind...a collapsible night stand that fits in an Owner's Locker! :dance3: )

For DW and I, we prefer the bed/sofa combo. We then have a place to sit.

When DH and I go, we prefer the sofa and bed setup. That's the only reason we have not yet stayed at OKW. There is no place to sit comfortably.

However, I took two of my grandaughters WDW (their first trip) and we stayed at BWV. They slept on the sofasleeper. It would have been nice to have had two beds then, but I wanted them to experience the Boardwalk.

I really wish they would make some of each in evey resort. That way, whatever the guests' situation is, they can reserve the room setup that would be best for that trip. It really would make alot of sense to have a few two-bed studio units in each resort and have some sofa and bed units at OKW.

Bed and sofa best if the sofa is newer and has a good mattress like the new ones at BWV's.

We've stayed in studios at HHI,BWV,OKW,VWL,VB and SSR. I think the studio set up at SSR has an edge because it has a few things we like in a studio:

* a large balcony
* a large TV and DVD player
* pullout/bed combo with a coffee/table type of set up (it's actually an ottoman with a wooden tray on top)
* foyer at entryway
* larger than regular hotel-room size bathroom
* decent amount of drawer storage for clothes

We found other studios to have some of these features, but only SSR has them all. :thumbsup2

Wow... if they just had a laundry room and kitchen... We're spoiled... Only time we do a studio is an OVIR room at VB. Got to give up the ammenities for the view... and the sounds. Again... we're spoiled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter