what does everyone do for a living?

For the past 13 years I have been a pre-school teacher, and my DH (Grumpytoo) is an electronic engineer. We have a "mouse jar" that we fill with any extra change we find or if we get b'day $ etc......Also when booking the trip we put it on the Disney visa ( it's really the only time we use it) so that we get the Disney $ and its interest free for 6 mo, then just pay it off right away. :cool1:

I am a SAHM to 2 school age boys. My DH just got his Ph.D. in Bioengineering (whoo hoo...it has been a long 5 years!) and manages a BioE firm.

He is a bigger Disney fan than I am and talked me into next week's trip while we were there last Feb. :)

So, we are off again in a few days. Can't wait! :banana:

I am thinking I should get a part time job....then maybe we can go 2 times a year in addition to our other smaller vacations.

I am an Insurance Underwriter and captain a sunday cricket team, my DW is a University Lecturer and runs her own business as a Design Consultant, she is a UK/US dual national. We have DS 15 and DD 9

I'm a SAHM to a beautiful boy and my son works for a healthcare company in their IT dept.

Oops I thought I was signed in.

I'm a SAHM to a beautiful boy and my husband works for a healthcare company in their IT dept.

I am a SAHM with 3 little ones (3,4,6). I am in the process of starting an online scrapbook company. DH works at University overseeing special projects for the executive vice president of the university.

We have been going since 2003 (when we thought DD was old enough to apprediate it at 8 years old; she did) and we make this our special family Christmas gift. :santa:
I am a municipal Tax Assessor:scared1: /Zoning Official and DW is a Real Estate Agent.

See you at WDW/CSR in April!:banana:

I'm a residential childrens worker and I work in a unit providing respite care for disabled children.

Because it 's so far away we can't afford to go every year never mind twice a year. But we do love WDW when we get there.

Since July, I am a part-time Insurance agent and currently mom and dad to my DS8. My DH is in the Air Force and is currently in Iraq.

We just had our first trip this past July and hope to make it back real soon. Actually, we are hoping to get to move to a base closer to Disney World so we can go more often and not have to worry about the cost of airfare.

I have a small in home daycare, I do some assembly work for my DH company and I work a few Sat. a month at my dad's hardware store. My DH manages a Parker Hannifin store.

What a fun thread!!

I am a former PSR for a major financial processing company(worked with ATM card, debit card, and ATM customers) , a current SAHM (since 1998) and studying for my real estate salesperson license. My DH is a funeral director.

As a child we only took family vacations to see my grandparents who lived in PA and we stopped at EVERY HISTORICAL MARKER between SC and PA (which is ALOT) and I vowed that I would not do the same to my family. We took our first family trip to WDW last May and now we are hooked and going again in April. Next year we plan to take a year off from WDW and probably go cheap to Myrtle Beach using HH points for the hotel. After that....back to the mouse!:wizard:

Well I'm a broke college student =]. I work at a summer camp as a counselor, during the summer. I also work at a tiny store in my town on holidays when I'm out of school =]

I am a full time mom to three children,in my spare time I waitress part time. I am 3 classes away from the degree in medical coding. Waiting till my youngest is in school (1 1/2 years), then going back to finish.

I am a SAHM to an adorable baby girl, Ava. I was a teacher before I had her for 6 years.

My DH is a computer engineer. He builds websites.

I am a Human Resources professional at a rubber manufacturing company. My DH owns his own HVACR business. We have a DS10, DS8 and DS5. My DM is our Dis planner..she's the one that had the idea to take the whole family in 2004. I didn't think we could afford it, but with her planning we were able to. So, now we've been planning trips ever since! We save, save, save to go...no debt.

I am an instructional assistant in a special ed preschool class. My job has nothing to do with my degree (public relations), but I stumbled into it when my son was diagnosed with Asperger's.

My husband is a customer support manager with a software company. Our boys are 11 & 8 and spend their time in 5th and 2nd grade, respectively! Right now they're playing video games, but school is their main job!!!:goodvibes

Fascinating to read about what everyone does for a living! Great thread!!

I work for the Federal Government as a program analyst and my DH is a "SAHD" (although we don't have any 2-legged kids, we do have two 4-legged kids). :rotfl: Actually he was working with his brother for a while until that didn't work out and the business failed (because of my BIL, but that is a LONG story) and then my dad moved in with us so DH was the caregiver. Now dad has moved into an assisted living place and DH is looking for part-time work (unfortunately being over 50 it hasn't been easy for him).

Anyway, we just started going to WDW (last year we did 2 trips and became DVC members too). We're hoping to go at least once a year (twice if I can save my leave to have two vacations).

DH & I are planning on going in May; and then I'm planning a girls' weekend in November. Can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter