what does everyone do for a living?

I teach pre-school (2 year olds) two mornings a week. I also substitute teach for our school district when I feel like it (Love subbing!). My dh is a field engineer for a video on-demand movie company.

I bank every paycheck to go on vacation. We are on the every-other-year plan for Disney. But we do try to go somewhere every year.

I'm a "usedtobe" engineer. That is, I used to be an engineer till I sold out and became management. Now all I do is push paper, do appraisals, make presentations, babysit other engineers. Oh how I long for a cubicle a PC and a pile of data to analyze !!

Mrs. Zdad is a librarian, with a CPA certificate. Go figure. She was on the fast track at one of the Big 8 (now some smaller number), but decided that rat race wasn't for her.

Can't wait to retire...........July 31, 2014

Hey everyone! I teach pre-K 4 days a week at a local church. DH is an electrical engineer at TVA. We have one DD and three dogs, 2 peekineese (what was I thinking) and the coolest minature weiner dog ever. We are lucky enough to live in the south where we can drive down to Disney once a year. We also try to go to the gulf coast during the summer for either a long weekend or for a week. We go without some stuff, little stuff, so we can vacation there but with only having one child so we figure we can have the nicly decorated house later or brand name clothes when she is on her own. Right now we just want to enjoy the time we have with her.:)

I am a SAHM, and DH works for Verizon as a cable splicer/field tech. We are lucky to be DVC'ers which is how we get to go to WDW so much!!
Great thread, it's so interesting to see what people do for a living!

Cool! I have two friends from church that also work for Verizon.

This is a neat thread - it's fun to see what everyone does. I'm a product manager for a very large telecommunications firm. DH is a sales manager for an aircraft lighting company. He travels a lot so he gets tons of FF miles. We typically go on two vacations a year - sometimes Disney, sometimes not. We put options up for a family vote at the beginning of the year and then everyone pitches in with the planning. This year we are going to Disney and then out to Wyoming/Montana/N Dak/S Dak for a Nat'l Parks Tour. We have two grown sons and two kids at home, 13 & 12.

I am a Fundraising Manager for Healthcare:chat: :charac2: and my husband is an E.E. I visit 1-3 times a year...sometimes with hubby sometimes without.

I am an Emergency Room nurse, DH is a Pipefitter, don't ask me what that is but I know he has to weld a lot :confused: hahaha and he has been one for 7 years and I still have no idea what it is that he does, but he sure comes home dirty! Anyway he works for the government on a miltary base where they build things for our troops! He is also in the Army National Guard.
We went for our first trip last year and are going twice this year. Basically we live in the midwest in a real small town of about 3000 people and housing is WAAAAAY cheaper than those of you who live in the big city. Plus I work 3 nights a week (12 hours) and hubby works days. We have little babysitter costs because we have a highschool girl who comes over for 2 hours 2 days a week to get my DD off to school. We don't use credit cards, we pay for everything or save up to buy what we need. We buy most of our clothes at Target or childrens Place for DD and look for bargains where we can!

I am working on my PhD in Clinical Psychology...
Between Teaching Classes, Writing massive amounts of papers and Running my 9 year old around, I sleep. I am FINALLY going to get a little time off in December to take my kiddo the Disney world..I think Im more excited than he is..haha. I have The 20th to the 26th of December 2007 Already Marked off on Every Calendar I own. So as of now I have about 47 and a half weeks till I get to go play!!!
And there you have it.

DH is a field supervisor at a major oilfield company. At the moment I am at a crossroads. I am doing the Mom thing pretty much full time. About to start subbing a lot more though. Seriously considering going back to school in the fall to get my teaching degree. :)

DH is a sr. software engineer, and I'm a SAHM to our only child as of last fall. Still feels odd not to get up and go to work in an office after working since I was 17. But I love being a fulltime mommy.

We don't go to Disney World every year, but usually every other. We do go to Minnesota fishing annually (except last year when our baby was due). The Minnesota trips will probably continue.

Both of our cars are now paid off as of last week, but we'll probably be getting a new one in a few months to haul all the baby gear plus the dog. It's a lot different on one income! This upcoming trip to WDW will be our last until early 2009.

off topic, but...I just wanted to say - druidia I love your wedding pic with the fireworks. Awesome! Congrats on your marriage.

Thanks Michelle! It was the happiest day of our lives and it went so quick!! Sigh.
I drive a "package car" for UPS

goalie5hole: I feel for you. My DH left his package car job in 2000 after 10 years with UPS to become an electrician. He was so stressed out and working so much that he was miserable! I worked at UPS in college and loved the work, but also found it very stressful! Glad to see you plan to move on to something else. That place will suck the life out of you!

I'm an underwriter for a local mortgage company and my DH is an electrician. I'm hoping we can start going to WDW at least every other year.

This will be our first family trip! :yay:

I'm an accountant... After meeting the higher education requirements, I will begin sitting to pass the CPA exam.

My wife will be teaching school beginning next academic year... she will finish college this May!! And we'll be a dual income family... can't wait.

We go to Disney once a year, but if I had more vacation time or if we lived a little closer... we'd be there more often. We love Disney (our honeymoon was a disney cruise).

dh is a vascular surgeon and I am a stay at home momma (I previously worked in marketing and advertising before the babies came). We only go once a year...and during value season at that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter