What DVC Property is Least Likely to Get You in By 4PM?

I have received a late room at Boulder Ridge. This was before 2020, so it was not due to recent staffing levels.

Really, though, any of them can have that issue because a lot of it is due to how many rooms are turning over that day, and how quickly the departing guests leave their rooms. Villas take a while to clean, and if you happen to be checking in on a day when a large percentage of rooms are turning over AND a lot of those rooms were occupied until the very last moment, you may have to wait.

I think this is luck of the draw, but BRV has been the toughest for us. We’ve only booked one-bedroom units there. In August we’ve booked a two-bedroom, so we’ll see what happens this time.

Riviera has been the best. We’ve only stayed there twice (both times in a preferred studio), but have been in our room by 2:30 or so both times. In November we’ve booked a preferred view one-bedroom, so our luck might change! :confused:

Last edited:
For us, BLT, lake view studio. Didn’t get our room until nearly 6:00 (back in 2019).

We’ve gotten in before 4:00 at all our stays at BWV (studios and 1br garden/pool views- 6 stays in the past 9 years).

Poly got my parent’s and my rooms ready at like 11 AM last fall. It was glorious.

Never had to wait on Riviera beyond 2 PM either.

Any of them. Used to always be BWV for us that was on the late side always. But last time, march 25th, we had our room earliest ever... there (at like 9.55am). A lot has to do with if you have location requests. Yesterday at SSR, we selected room ready early as priority and didn't select location request. And it was ready as we pulled in at 12.45pm.

Looked back at texts...we live local and do 1 or 2 nights every few weeks. Besides the 2 mentioned above, here are 4 others (only 1 we made request was SSR below for Congress Park and all but that SSR are studios just 1 night and several were HA rooms which we didnt request but we prefer room ready early so we are fine with getting an HA room)...
1/27 Copper Creek 3pm
2/24 Riviera 12.45pm
3/4 Poly 2pm
3/26 Saratoga 1BR 1.20pm

I am happy with anything between noon and 2pm. I don't expect prior to noon. Likewise, after 2pm and I start to get irritated. Past 4pm and I am real irked. Like I said, BWV used to be that 3-5pm range all the time and sometimes AKV. We did 1BRs then so maybe that is part of it.

Last edited:
I think it has far less to do with the resort and more to do with the time of year you're checking in and what kind of room. There might be a slight advantage with Poly, since it's only studios and they're easier to clean and turn. But the steps are easy to identify - if a family is in 'your' room the night before and don't leave until 11AM, it could be challenging to get in earlier.

Over many years and trips, I have had room assignment delayed beyond 4 p.m. three times, once each at BWV, BLT, and AKV, the resorts I have stayed at most. I doubt there is any magic involved in picking a particular resort and it is just a possible risk anywhere.

We must be really unlucky because we often get our room assignment after 4 PM. The latest was VGC (almost 6 PM). But BLT was after 5 PM last year, and Riv was around 4:30 or so in Jan. We stay at CCV more than anywhere, and it's varied from getting a text as early as 1 PM, to the 4 - 4:30 range and everything in between. I really don't think this is a resort specific thing. There are too many variables in play to predict based on resort.

I find it type of room more than resort.
Length of stay too.

We have been checked-in as late as 6(at of course Poly). But one time we added an extra night on a CCV 1-bedroom, when moving from another property, and it was ready immediately at 11:30am when we asked for it.

Normally though they are ready between 3:30-4:30. Post COVID its definitely more likely for it to be 10-15 minutes after 4 it seems.

As a tip - when this happens make sure to ask the staff multiple times if your room is ready. Our past two trips at Copper Creek our room was not ready at 4:00. First trip we got a $200 room credit and the next one we received $250.

I had an after 7pm at SSR but they were getting me exactly the room I requested (Congress Park, near the bus, 1st floor) it was a great location, quicker to the bus than BW or RIV

To some extent, it could be related to your specific room. If the previous guest left late, or if a bunch of housekeepers were out sick that day, then your room might be ready later no matter what size it is or where it is.

As a tip - when this happens make sure to ask the staff multiple times if your room is ready. Our past two trips at Copper Creek our room was not ready at 4:00. First trip we got a $200 room credit and the next one we received $250.
I am surprised they did that, our DVC bookings say "after" 4 pm not at 4 pm. Did you book with points or pay cash through Disney reservations, then it is 3 pm.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter