What DVC Property is Least Likely to Get You in By 4PM?

We don’t strip the bed, but some timeshares instruct you to do so when checking out.

We do load and start the dishwasher, pile towels in the tub, and make sure all the trash is in the cans.
I’m happy to do so if Disney leaves clear written instructions in the room. But as a person with a vacation home (so frequent guests) I prefer taking guests sheets off the bed so you can tell a remote or something isn’t tied up. But if it makes it easier for housekeeping I’m happy to do it. I think they would prefer a generous tip - which I am happy to provide!!

Last edited:
I've only rented DVC points a few times, our first trip in 2017 our BWV room was hours late and we were given a $100 credit. (I'm poking around the DVC board because I am considering taking a confirmed reservation at GF.) Our most recent rental last May at OKW, I received a text that our room wasn't ready yet, but never got one that it was. We hung around the pool/bar area waiting, only to find that it had been ready but we weren't notified.

I am often solo or just with another adult, and we leave our rooms in good shape, but I have NEVER considered stripping the bed in any hotel/resort. Is that really a thing people do?

I strip the pull out or murphy if we use it and don't leave it out (which we usually don't) - both to check and make sure none of our stuff is there - and because mousekeeping might not check to see if its been used if its all tucked away.

I put the dishes in the dishwasher (that we've used) and run it. (Please don't handwash the dishes, the water doesn't get hot enough to kill viruses and bacteria and the dish soap doesn't kill everything either and people don't want to eat off your non-sterilized dishes in the post-Covid era. If you aren't going to have the dishwasher sanitize them, leave them visibly dirty - don't stealth infect others. Unless you brought bleach and are going to rinse all the dishes in a bleach solution or use another sanitizer). https://www.usda.gov/media/blog/201...h warm, soapy water,it does NOT kill bacteria.

When I'm checking out of a 1-bedroom, I consolidate all of the trash to one area. Some of those villas have multiple trash cans. I'm hoping that will save housekeeping some time. Otherwise it's empty trash can number one, empty trash can number two, and empty trash can number three for them. (I don't mean that the room is overflowing with trash. I will stop at the trash room during my stay if I have a lot.)

And I do consolidate the towels. But I don't strip the bed.

Thanks for all the replies! The reservation I am taking is for a resort studio at GF, I don't think they even have kitchenettes, def not dishwashers!

We have stripped beds if instructed at airbnb's.

I don't strip the bed. I will throw all trash in the trash can (including the small used soaps and such) and pile all used towels on the bathroom floor and I hand wash and put away all dishes.

I know this is a little off topic, but Disney is one of the companies that gives their soap to be recycled and distributed to people in need, so you don't need to throw it. (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/disney-resorts-soaps-and-shampoos-help-clean-the-world/)

Just got back from BLT. Had a 1 bdrm lake view with no requests and got it at 12:30, before we even got there. That's the earliest I've gotten a room aside from when they just reopened after the COVID closure and there was much lower occupancy. That time I got our room at 12 at BWV and I considered it a fluke.

We just returned from RR. It is now our absolute favorite resort! Wish I could talk DH into buying more points. But that is a different story. LOL! Our room was ready at 12:15 and we received our requests of highest floor possible with a view of the Epcot ball. Considering last year we waited until nearly 6:00 for our room to be ready at Beach Club. This was a nice surprise!

We recently returned from a two bedroom at OKW. Checked in on 5/2 and our room was ready at 10:14am. We were still on the plane! That is by far the earliest we've ever gotten. Over the years it's usually between 2:00 and 4:00. Lucky we've never had one long past 4:00. We mostly stay at BWV.

Checked in to SSR 2 br preferred on Tuesday. Literally got the text at 4 on the dot.

Consolidated trash, started the dishwasher, etc...even as a points renter. Gasp lol. Also agree with not stripping the beds and using dishwasher, not handwashed. Not everyone handwashes the same.

On a Sunday, BLT one bedroom , about 5:30 “our” room was not ready. Was supposed to be higher floor. They did have a room 7510 ready. We took it. We did look at the laundry area and one morning before 6 had the back up/ off load beeping from a truck, but was nice not taking an elevator to get to the bridge all the time.

The next Sunday, kidanI one bedroom, ready at 12:30.

the absolute worst for us was OKW 2 bedroom in 2019 - around 7pm ish because we were eating at Kona when the room number finally showed up in the app. we had planned / hoped to get into the room earlier but it just didnt happen. No one said anything to us.

In that same stay, on our checkout day, we had someone knocking on our door at 8am to see when we were checking out & then at 9am.

All i could think was they were very short staffed during that time. :sad2::sad2:

Checked in to Riviera on Tuesday. Arrived at the resort at 1:15 - got a text that our room was not ready yet. Went to the front desk and got key cards, and were told they’d try to get us our room as soon as possible. There were a lot of people waiting in the lobby that afternoon, and they seemed to be getting rooms one by one starting around 4:05. We got ours at 4:15, and others were still waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter