What have you had to cancel due to Coronavirus?

Everything

It's my daughter's senior year in high school and everything is canceled.

Hoping somehow high school graduation can happen in the 3rd week of May.

She was sick in April and May last year and missed out on end of year activities then

This doubly sucks for her.

But, she and her friends have built a gaming server and are staying connected through that. They've built themselves a Minecraft graduation lol.

She is really missing school and the interactions at school. And the projects left hanging.

I work at church. Everything is canceled there, too.

But I've been working extra hours trying to notify people things are canceled and figure out how to do church virtually.

Saturday all day text messages as we first became aware of cases in our state and shut downs discussing what's next.

Watched a webinar on this last Friday. Meet with pastor and other staff to discuss Monday night.

The official edit from our Bishop came out Tuesday canceling Sunday Mass and listing the other restrictions. Had to get that to the people.

Ccd will be done virtually between catechists and families. Helped give ideas for that.

Yesterday we did a practice run for a videoed Mass to post for our congregation. I put a note on our church Facebook page and everyone is so excited.

Helped groups get word out of canceled events.

Restructuring our bulletin to be texted/emailed today. Encouraging folks to donate by way of our electronic giving.

But office doors are locked and people are to call or email me.

And regular bills and other tasks continue.

So many of our over 70 crowd who refused to do technology at home are struggling with how to do church at home. And not getting our messages. I still have to look at our parish roster to see who we need to reach out to by phone.

Florida vacation starting March 28 postponed.

Monthly lunch with some relatives next week.

I have a routine semi-annual doctor visit next week. I suspect it will be cancelled. That's fine. I just need a refill of Rx that can be called into the pharmacy.

House cleaning service is coming today. I haven't heard if they intend to cancel.

Speaking of Japan, I'm still wondering wondering what all this is going to mean for the Olympics.... :sad1:

I' guessing they will be postponed, but they're waiting as long as possible to do so. They are scheduled to start in late July. I suppose a decision will need to be made by the beginning of June.

In 1964 the Tokyo Olympics were held in October. Maybe they can be delayed until October again. If not, maybe Summer 2021.

We were going to a wedding in San Francisco in April-- postponed to Oct

Jimmy Buffett concert in April- will be postponed hopefully not cancelled

Rolling Stones concert in July- cancelled

Trip to Puerto Rico in May - cancelled

We have a long weekend planned for DVC Hilton Head for early May- we'll see

I work with individuals with disabilities. They have all their Special Olympics events cancelled, all outings, and activities. All the day programs in our area are starting to close - ours will close tomorrow. We only stayed open this long so families had time to figure out what to do.

We had to leave early after a day from our Pigeon a Forge vacation.

my conference next month for work was also canceled.

my mom had to postpone her Disney World trip next month with my brother and his family.

We were supposed to be leaving for Disney World in two days. That's been rescheduled to May and will likely need to be rescheduled again.

My hair appointment yesterday was canceled, so I had to cut my own bangs last night as they were getting ridiculous. I can't do a whole haircut myself, so ponytails will start being much more common for me.

Out-of-state business trip
Two separate senior HS son's Admitted Student college visits to help him decide where to go
Still up in the air, son's prom, graduation, parties and everything else related to his HS graduation
Still up in the air, first time trip to Europe this summer

I'm in NJ so everything since everything is closed.

Everything on my social calendar. All doctors appointments since they are cancelling non essential appointments or doing telephone calls instead. I had a yearly gyn appointment, DD's orthodontist and DS's dental appointment. Along with his wisdom tooth extraction.

Biggest thing so far is all the time I would have spent watching Auburn basketball and bseball and seeing how welll this team did in the NCAA tournament. I really hate it for the kids.

Upcoming is likely my disney trip. April 16-20 for star wars half marathon weekend. Still waiting on official word it's cancelled.

I had cancelled a basic training graduation for a friend in the Air Force. No trip to San Antonio for me. No friends and family in attendance for him.

I feel terrible for those families that have the United States Marine Corps Recruit Depot graduation cancelled. Those Marines have gone through intense training.

Everything affecting my daughter... canceled cardiologist appointment, canceled dance classes and competition(s), canceled Broadway show for her birthday.

Besides the usual school events, trips, etc. that everyone else is also dealing with, our concert to see Billy Joel at MSG on May 2 was rescheduled to Nov. 13. Great, except my nephew is getting married on Nov. 14. We live in Ohio so not sure how we can manage the concert and getting back for the wedding. Ugh, wish they'd let us turn in the tickets for one of his other dates.

Biggest things for me:
- My parents' visit to Hawaii to come see me in April (very sad, I cried about that)
- My dissertation defense was supposed to be in person, it's now via Zoom
- Post defense weekend Disneyland trip

Graduation is right around the corner, decision is being made April 7 on whether it will be cancelled but the projections for this don't seem great. It's my PhD graduation and I worked pretty darn hard for it, but life is what it is, and no matter how long we have to ride out this storm, we will make it through.

Lots of things, but as a mom, the thing that is killing me is that my son is supposed to get his PhD this year. I can't believe that the event won't take place, and we may not even get to see him as he lives 6 hours away. Hannahinwonderland, congrats to you as it really is a milestone event, and you did work hard for it.

Disney World trip next month, two ski trips, and possibly our Hawaii trip in July (we have a higher risk member of the family, so it depends how this all plays out).

I had cancelled a basic training graduation for a friend in the Air Force. No trip to San Antonio for me. No friends and family in attendance for him.

I feel terrible for those families that have the United States Marine Corps Recruit Depot graduation cancelled. Those Marines have gone through intense training.

So are graduation ceremonies different from when they were held in the early 80s? Our supervisors recommended against family at graduation because we would only have 30 mins with family until we boarded the training bus were shuttled off to our next segment of training for the duty we applied. I was at Fort Jackson, S. C. and other than mechanics, our training was still going to continue at Fort Jackson for another 3 months. Sure, families within driving distance attended, but of the 30 men in my platoon, only three families showed up.

So are graduation ceremonies different from when they were held in the early 80s? Our supervisors recommended against family at graduation because we would only have 30 mins with family until we boarded the training bus were shuttled off to our next segment of training for the duty we applied. I was at Fort Jackson, S. C. and other than mechanics, our training was still going to continue at Fort Jackson for another 3 months. Sure, families within driving distance attended, but of the 30 men in my platoon, only three families showed up.

My last Air Force graduation I attended the guests numbered in the hundreds.

The last Marine Corps graduation I attended the number was in the thousands. What a memorable occasion!

Mostly stuff for my kids. Both in college. Supposed to make a decision by tonight if they will go back. Governor had a press conference today and he wants everything online. Son is supposed to graduate in May. Both kids are out of work now. His movie theater and her clothing store shut down. Probably won’t go to NY to the family for Easter. The whole family has a trip planned mid July and I have no idea if that will still happen either. It definitely could be worse but still things are disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter