what is concierge?

Tkme4ard, welcome to the Dis!

A concierge room at WDW will get you access to a lounge where you will find Disney Cast Members who can make Priority Seating reservations and various other arrangements for you. In this lounge, you will also find food and beverage offerings (basically, snacks & munchies) that are offered at various times of the day. Sometimes, a concierge room is located on a floor that contains only concierge rooms. Access to this floor(s) is restricted by the use of your room key. A concierge guest's room key is coded such that it will allow the guest access to the concierge floor/lounge via the elevators.

From the official WDW website:

- - - - - - -
AKL Concierge Service:
Some rooms offer concierge service which includes curbside check-in, robes, make-up mirror, turndown service, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening beverages, wine and hors d'oeuvres.
- - - - - - -
GF Concierge Service:
Some rooms offer concierge service at the Royal Palm Club and Sugar Loaf, which includes personalized front desk and guest services. Make-up mirror, turndown service, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks and afternoon tea are provided by both Concierge levels. Sugar Loaf also provides a Twilight Refresher in the evening. Wine, cordials and dessert are served at the Royal Palm Club only.
- - - - - - -
YC Concierge Service:
Some rooms offer concierge service at the Regatta Club, which includes personalized front desk and guest services, robes, make-up mirror, turndown service, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese, and evening cordials and dessert.
- - - - - - -
BWI Concierge Service:
Some rooms offer concierge service at the Innkeepers Club, which includes personalized front desk and guest services, turndown service, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese, and evening cordials and dessert.
- - - - - - -
CR Concierge Service:
Some rooms offer concierge service which includes personalized front desk and guest services, turndown service, refrigerator, coffeemaker, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese, and evening cordials and dessert. The Tower Club offers limited concierge service, continental breakfast, midday snacks, and refrigerator (upon request).
- - - - - - -
Poly Concierge Service:
Some rooms offer concierge service, which includes personalized front desk and guest services, robes, phone in bath area, data port on phone, coffeemaker (upon request), pantry service (upon request), turndown service, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening hors d'oeuvres, and evening cordials and dessert.
- - - - - - -

By the way, if you are a concierge guest, you should be contacted before your arrival by your resort's Pre-planning Office. These folks should take care of any Priority Seating arrangements that you need to make.

I should *WARN* you that these folks do not always contact you before your arrival date. That is why I normally make all my own Priority Seating arrangements. If I waited for these folks to contact me, I probably wouldn't be able to get half of the Priority Seating reservations that I need (the GF's children's activities usually book up way in advance, and those are the three most precious Priority Seating arrangments that I need to make for my WDW vacations).

Thanks for the explanation. I too was wondering what this service was all about.

Does anybody know what "pantry service" is? They have it at the Poly "upon request".
thanks
callie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter