What is something that was actually better “back in your days” ?

Homes are sure not built as they used to be. I cleaned homes for a living and noticed a wall that sure was not straight. It was a new home. And homes are over priced. And appliances are horrible they are made so you need to buy new ones as trying to fix most of them are more costly to fix.

As nice as new homes look, I don’t think I would buy a new home these days. A friend of mine recently moved into a very expensive new home and I couldn’t believe some of the shoddy workmanship.

As nice as new homes look, I don’t think I would buy a new home these days. A friend of mine recently moved into a very expensive new home and I couldn’t believe some of the shoddy workmanship.
No kidding. It seems when you go to sell, they find more things wrong to fix before you sell.

airplane seats and meals

This is why I like flying international so much more than domestic. They still feed you and have in-seat entertainment.
I flew to Guam for work and I made sure to pick the flight that connected through Japan instead of the one through Hawaii because I knew the flight experience would be so much better.

This is why I like flying international so much more than domestic. They still feed you and have in-seat entertainment.
I flew to Guam for work and I made sure to pick the flight that connected through Japan instead of the one through Hawaii because I knew the flight experience would be so much better.
Hasn't yet been given the Herb Kelleher approach, like at Southwest...

This one can go either way. We moved into a new home almost 6 years ago. We are renters and have lived in several places. This house is solid as a rock and really, REALLY well built. It is by far the best quality house we have ever lived in. It was expensive too, but one of those houses that was probably built in like 4-6 months. It has high end appliances like a Carrier HVAC unit, tankless water heater, and features like UV blocking double paned windows, heat reflecting terra cotta roof tiles with a 100 year lifespan, amazing insulation, etc. It isn't full of cracks from the house "settling" like our last rental home, and everything has run smoothly with the exception of a bum dishwasher that died at the 5 year mark. It has even been through a few pretty sizable earthquakes and nothing moved. We have some pretty precarious decorations propped up in display cases and nothing fell over. The house did its thing, moving on its foundation and flexing as required by current building codes. It has a lot of upgrades and the quality of the workmanship and the finish is exceptional. This home is by one of 2 homebuilders in our neighborhood. I hear nothing but complaints about the other builder's homes, on Nextdoor and our FB Community page. It's really something. All the homes have similar price points.

Growing up...my childhood years...living in a warm, welcoming, friendly neighborhood with great neighbors. When people actually knocked on your door to borrow some sugar. Kids of all ages, everywhere. Outside playing kickball, taking turns swimming in each other pools, playing in the snow during winter. It's just not like that anymore. Yes, I have nice neighbors but I don't actually know them very well. And kids stay inside all day unless it's a scheduled activity.

The USA Network. It used to have Night Flight, Up All Night, Reel Wild Cinema, Commander USA's Groovie Movies, and always random horror movies on the weekends.

MTV.

I kinda miss looking up the TV listings for movies in the paper or TV Guide. Yes it's easy today when you have so many movies at your fingertips for instant viewing, but back then it would be an event if certain movies came on TV. Like Wizard of Oz, Bride of Frankenstein, whatever. It was also the only time you read a description for a movie you've never seen, and that short blurb is the only preview of the movie you had. I know it's more nostalgic than practical.

Dating. I had a blast dating. I would hate to be teen girl or young woman dating today.

taco bell-bell beefers, enchiritos (and the more recent 'back in my day'-mexican pizzas).

wendys-i miss their baked apples.

No cell phones. I don't mind them per se...I have one and use it a lot. But it's not attached to my hip and I'm not always checking it. Too many people forget to look up at life now.

Seems like ingredients change.

I'm not sure Mars bars are always the same taste...
Not so much ingredients change, but they certainly cut stuff down like the amount of chocolate in snack cakes and candy bars along with the sized that mess with the ratios.

What year was that, because I think you have to take the incomes of that era along with that when talking prices of yesterday.
Those ticket prices are from 1983.

Whether you take into account cost of living, inflation, minimum wage, or median family income, you'll find that WDW prices have far, far, far outpaced all of them.

For example, using inflation, a 4-day park hopper ticket would cost $119 (tax included).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter