What is the best way for transfer between MCO and WDW for 1-2 people?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
We would want to consider both price and time. Timely transfer times, and hours of operation. Arrival flight will be 7 pm, but the return flight is 7 am. That would mean having to leave WDW very early for return trip to MCO.

What are your suggestions and experience with travel between MCO and WDW? This will be the first time family is flying in since Magical Express was eliminated. Thanks for your help!

I've had very good experiences with booking Ubers to get me from the airport to Disney. I'm pretty sure that some drivers just go between the airport and various Disney resorts all day long. I would especially recommend this if you have had experience using Uber at all before.

There is a thread on DIS Boards asking about how hard it is to get an Uber and quite a few have shared their experiences.

It would be 2 adults. Neither of them have had much experience, if any, with booking ride shares. I'm especially concerned about the early morning flight getting picked up in time. Also worried about price surging.

Since the demise of DME I have used either Lyft or Uber. The price has always been just a little bit more then Mears but worth it as you are not waiting for a bus to fill and then possibly making multiple stops before your resort. I've never waited more then 10 min to get my ride after I requested it.

It would be 2 adults. Neither of them have had much experience, if any, with booking ride shares. I'm especially concerned about the early morning flight getting picked up in time. Also worried about price surging.
I'm a regular rideshare user and from my experience, surge pricing for airport rideshares is really only a concern during busier travel days, like Fri/Mon on holiday weekends or sometimes if a ton of flights are getting in at once. FWIW I only ever go with 1 other person at most and the only reason we did a town car on our last trip together is because we were arriving on Memorial Day weekend, were checking bags, and I didn't want to chance the surge pricing (it truly gets heinous, I saw $86 one way on July 4th weekend once when I checked for giggles). Otherwise I would have just gotten a Lyft, and plan to do that on our next trip since we won't be traveling over the holiday.

Mears is probably going to be more economical but a 4am trip back to MCO on departure day sounds like my idea of H E double hockey sticks. If you have Pre it's really not necessary to get there that early. Especially if you're not checking bags. Idk, I just feel like I didn't mind getting there super early when it was DME and included in the price of my room, but I have a hard time waiting around and paying to go from resort to resort on someone else's schedule.

I would say ride share or taxi.

The other two options are Mears (probably lowest cost, but more time consuming) and and private car service (as fast as ride share/taxi, but more expensive).

Regarding the 7am flight, consider getting a room at the airport Hyatt the night before. Especially if I'm checking bags, I like to be walking through the doors of MCO 2 hours before my flight. If you're not checking bags, or go through TSA Precheck, you can shorten that a little. But I'd still shoot for 90 minutes before at bare minimum.

Rideshare. I do it all of the time. Always available without having to make prior arrangements.

Since the demise of DME I have used either Lyft or Uber. The price has always been just a little bit more then Mears but worth it as you are not waiting for a bus to fill and then possibly making multiple stops before your resort. I've never waited more then 10 min to get my ride after I requested it.
here's another point (That i find annoying) if you have to get your luggage from baggage claim, the Mears buses are then another hike back/across the airport. The rideshare area is right outside the doors near baggage claim.

here's another point (That i find annoying) if you have to get your luggage from baggage claim, the Mears buses are then another hike back/across the airport. The rideshare area is right outside the doors near baggage claim.
Depends on your airline. 100% true for SW. Prior to DME Mears had 2 pickup locations on each side of the airport. DME luggage handling made multiple locations unnecessary. I'd ride share rather then having to schelp my luggage to Mears

I am planning to use Uber or Lyft when I go solo next month. When I go with my Mom, we will use Cast and Crew Transportation. We need a little more hands on since we have a wheelchair plus luggage.

We use and love GearFusion. they pick us up inside terminal and were amazingly SAFE drivers, roundtrip service was easy to book and they were on time for our return to MCO very early flight.

We would want to consider both price and time. Timely transfer times, and hours of operation. Arrival flight will be 7 pm, but the return flight is 7 am. That would mean having to leave WDW very early for return trip to MCO.

What are your suggestions and experience with travel between MCO and WDW? This will be the first time family is flying in since Magical Express was eliminated. Thanks for your help!
Mears Connect is what I do. I’m almost always at my resort 90 minutes after landing. That includes getting my bag at luggage claim and walking to the bus. Mears ran Magical Express for Disney for 15 years. They know what they are doing. I’ve been picked up by Mears Connect as early as 2:45am for a 6am flight.

Mears. Never had to wait long at all to the resort. Picks up even for early flight. I know their busses have safety checks and meet regulations. I know their drivers have the proper background checks and licenses. Ride shares who knows when and by whom they were checked or serviced last.

Mears for one person, Uber/Lyft for two people. I think it's worth paying a little extra for two people with the time savings and convenience. But if those aren't too important, Mears is still good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter